Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Final Fantasy is probably the best MMO at the moment but its an incredible timesink, you have to do all storyquests to progress which might sound fine but 70% of them are insultingly back and forth treks across the world maps to have a conversation.
You also have to do all the storyquests and basic dungeons for all patches (there were a bunch) in order to progress to the expansion content which is where the game gets good, which should "only" take about a day's solid grinding, skipping all cutscenes with a tank to group with.

I ended up getting to end level then quitting in frustration because its so close to a great MMO but all the grind is done to waste as much of your time as possible. Presentation and higher level PVE content are incredibly good though and their content releases put WoW to absolute shame.

e: someone above said that its designed from the ground up to waste your time and yeah pretty much, but in an interesting way, it has teleporting like GW2 but will put all story objectives as far as possible from a teleport point. It has flying and its rad but you have to run around every part of a zone and do quests and a dungeon, you will usually have outlevelled a zone at about the time you gain flying. It has new hunting logs for the expansion where you gain loads of exp and currency for killing select mobs allowing new players to quickly gain gear, but its gated by you completing all the hunting logs for the previous game.

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I played summoner in ARR and I think my rotation only filled out either at exactly end level or 2 levels before that, be wary of people who say you aren't at the good part yet.

• Locked thread