Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

This is on top of making normal harder and generally making GBS threads on the casual raiding audience. Not necessarily the LFR players, but the people who just wanted to get some buds together and kill internet dragons a few hours a week suddenly weren't good enough to raid through a combination of the lack of set bonuses from LFR, an increase in mechanical difficulty of bosses, and a huge step up in the length of boss fights.

Basically they listened to the people who thought like you wintermute and it turns out they don't make up enough of the audience for them to actually give a poo poo over.

I got confused about the topic for a moment and thought this was talking about the last raid tier in FFXIV. Except the part about the gear since FFXIV would not dare introduce such a gear gap, but it ends up just reducing incentive to do such difficult raids and ends in the same effect. Raiding in FFXIV is not a standard to hold raiding to and I don't see how anyone can look at the last raid tier and say with a straight face that this was good and the future is bright.

Also on the advantages of 8 man raids in FFXIV, it was fine on release but if they continue adding jobs at the clip they have been going at it is going to create a balancing nightmare that they already struggle to manage. Especially with how they balance roles in a way where different jobs competing for the same raid slot have different synergistic effects with others that results in a constant back and forward of "is it better to buff x or y job?". 8 man raiding is fun but I'm not convinced it's without problems and if we get to a point where we have to balance twice as many jobs as raid slots adjusting party sizes might make the problem more manageable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread