Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Alteisen posted:

http://www.worldoffishing.net/

Its a fishing MMO, you can make an aquarium with all the poo poo you catch, you have to equip gear and poo poo, there's food that gives you boosts, surprisingly addicting.

This looks like a fun time waster, I might give it a shot thanks

Right now playing BDO and Tree of Savior. BDO I like because I'm a very casual player and it's kind of like a phone game in that I can make my character do something while I'm out doing other stuff, come back, and collect the benefits. Then I go summon meteors on people until I'm bored.

Tree of Savior I don't think I will get very far in, but I like the art style and when I just want to click stuff for a while, it does the trick. Not sure how much I like that you can steal kills from other people (I'm not a pvp-oriented person) though, and the gold spammers are really annoying because speech bubbles show up on-screen.

There's a new MMO called Riders of Icarus coming out at the end of June, it's like pokemon with dragons. Really excited to try that one but I don't think any goons have even heard of it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

yikes

got into the Riders of Icarus final closed beta

it's bad so far. sucks because i was really excited for an MMO where you get to collect dragons, i played dragon's prophet and it turned out to be a bust, not sure how this one will do either.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Morglon posted:

Oh yeah Dragon's Prophet was loving bad from start to finish. I mean bad to the point where they didn't do proper Steam integration so if you were using an account you made before the game came to Steam you could buy DLC but you wouldn't get it and support would just tell you you're hosed and then ignore you and of course no refunds since it's DLC. Seriously gently caress those guys.

lol I remember that

the whole game was a major cash grab. NA version recently announced it was getting shut down but their cash shop is still open last I heard, which totally isn't a money laundering scheme on behalf of daybreak

The EU version devs were a lot better but the game still had retarded features like having to pay for an item to speak in global chat. the zones were super low pop so this combined made the game feel dead long before it was

I played a new class in RoI and it actually made a huge difference. Still won't recommend it yet but if you get a beta key don't try priest

I almost always play priest but god is the class awful in that game

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Morglon posted:

Nah, I did play on EU, NA version has been dead for more than a year now I think. Trust me EU was and still is I guess just as lovely, to the point of outright selling gambling boxes that may or may not have the dragon you want or just outright selling certain powerful ones in bundles with prices around the amount you'd expect to pay for a newly released full game.

yea i saw the gambling boxes, and the $100 dragon packages. plus taking design submissions from players and rendering them, then making them available by purchase only (and pre-purchased versions had better buffs than the ones purchased later, of course). last time I swung by the EU forums the devs were constantly trying to reassure people that EU isn't going to close too.

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jun 8, 2016

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

ShadowMoo posted:

Nope, lasted 30 minutes before I uninstalled.

they've been avoiding any and all questions about the cash shop on the forums, while being pretty diligent about answering questions regarding other topics. and some of the testers just found out from the KR version that the game is getting a creepy ellin-type race too, lol

if ever a decent monster-collecting MMO comes out let me know, i love collecting mounts and pets in these games but all the ones that focus on that aspect of gameplay are cash-shop obsessed in my experience

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I'm not too familiar with nexon tbh

As for wow i played it a lot as a teen and don't want to go back, when i say monster collecting i mean where you get to raise and level alongside them (like DP but not poo poo? The concept was fun), but i did reinstall eq last night and am having fun dinking around with nostalgia :shobon: i remade my necromancer from when i was a kid and am ready to chill with my undead friends

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jun 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

im aware it doesn't exist and likely won't haha, it was more of a hopeful "well if it happens!" statement but I should have been more clear. sorry!

im having fun playing both bdo and messing around in eq atm. i dig the action combos in bdo a whole lot, and i have a lot of fun with horse breeding. As for eq its just fun running around looking at stuff i used to mess with when i was wee

fuckin giant wasps, man

would recommend both to anyone looking to inflict self harm on themselves via mmos

• Locked thread