Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
on the other hand you should take everything thunderbro says with a grain of salt. literally just the tiniest of glances at his posting history will explain why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

ArtIsResistance posted:

Even the most terrible mmo has a playerbase. Not that ff14 is the most terrible mmo, it's pretty good, but it's still an mmo and has a lot of questionable/lovely design decisions. The people who play the game/post about it on these forums always react really negatively towards any criticism towards the game though, maybe they haven't figured out you can play multiple video games yet

Thunderbro may have some pretty antagnostic posts but it's funny how everyone always shits all over him instead of the points he's making

This is true. A common complaint is that the expansion content is gated behind I think what is literally over 100 quests and it's a pretty drat valid one. The thing is I think it's a combination of having heard the argument for the nth time in the thread and also that most people probably limit themselves to just 1 mmo so they feel the need to justify the time spent playing it.

So yea there's lots of things the game could be doing better. The problem Thunderbro has is that even though he might be right about some things he comes across as a total rear end in a top hat. And I mean, you can probably guess how that goes.

• Locked thread