Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
ffxiv: if you're interested in endgame pve, the endgame raids in ffxiv are pretty well designed. coil of bahamut and alexander are interesting, neat dungeons with cool boss mechanics, but they're boss mechanics you have most likely seen a variation of if you've played wow before

getting into raids isn't hard, you can "duty finder" them (cross server grouping) at the easiest difficulty and groups generally (emphasis on generally) can clear it without being total fuckups. i haven't played 3.1 but 3.0 was a blast, as was the entirety of realm reborn if you're okay with FF-esque storylines, as others have said it drags between 2.1 to 2.4 then picks up in tempo

music is extremely good too, its one of the few MMOs i left my music on while playing

crafting is a drag unless you like crafting, and i say this as a moron that has majority 50+ crafting classes, gathering too. pvp is nonexistant, you can get into games but its like a 15 minute wait last i played. you can do mindless mini-game poo poo like raising chocobos and playing triple triad/pet battling minigames

basically i'd say give ffxiv a shot and if you get to cap and want more, spring for the expac

black desert: since you mentioned you weren't looking for endgame pvp stuff since you play eve, this game probably isn't for you. there's little in pve outside of massive grinds for drops to make you better at pvp, but boy is the community in this game salty sometimes

blade and soul: i didn't play the latest patch, but the game's story is pretty good the whole run through. its definitely fast-paced compared to the other mmos here save for BDO maybe, the end-game is sadly lacking in depth. arenas are the big draw where it turns into a street-fighter esque match so if you're not looking for pvp, this probably isn't for you either once you hit cap

also it shouldn't need repeating but lmao don't play wildstar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread