Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

mmos are poo poo. still playing ff14 and bns though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Secret Spoon posted:

I play it the way it was meant to be played. Remembering it and reading how people are still shooting themselves in the foot playing it. The news is the real game.

This is from two days ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWxs8PLFrHY

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I think it's interesting how many people like level scaling.

Why not:
1) Remove leveling
2) Remove vertical progression
and then replace 1+2 with
3) Horizontal skill and gear progression
4) Player skill progression
5) Cosmetics (gear, emotes, skill visual effects)

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I guess I want an MMO without the RPG.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I don't mind leveling as long as the experience from start to level cap is representative of the endgame (unlike BDO/ArcheAge where it becomes a completely different game at cap) and updates/expansions don't invalidate the progression I've made.

That's why I love Guild Wars 1 so much, you hit level 20? Done, and all future expansions focused 99% of their content on level 20 content. Gear didn't get better or worse, it was just cosmetics.

Ah, yes. That's a good example.

• Locked thread