Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
...and then you get to the point where it takes a real life week or more to "research" a certain type of crafted gear before you can make it, and that's with the skills that reduce research time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I did all of the dungeons in GW2. Most of them were pretty bad, some just mediocre, and a couple were some of the absolute worst experiences I've ever had in any one MMO. (Arah path 4, and the first part of Aetherpath with the oil slimes and firewalls you have to make them avoid).

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I tried the FFXIV free trial and was unsold on it pretty might right away when I noticed there was lag on ability use. I played Guild Wars 2 beforehand and all your abilities begin right when you push the button there, so it's pretty jarring having to go back to that old antiquated way of doing things. I heard there used to be lag on almost everything in FFXIV because they had server side checks for things as mundane as opening a menu before the they remade the entire game.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 29, 2016

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Guild Wars 2 is free now too actually, with some restrictions on free accounts that haven't bought the expansion.

• Locked thread