Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm gonna go against the grain here and strongly recommend against Final Fantasy XIV. I couldn't stand the gated content and forced group interaction to progress. If you can't get into a competent pubbie group, or just can't get anyone to find the time to help you get through content then you can find yourself stuck and unable to progress. The way FFXIV is paced, the backtracking, and horrible filler content makes the game really unappealing unless you're really into MMORPGs and want to throw yourself into a very slow moving storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Brave New World posted:

I found that Star Trek Online was everything that EVE should have been, at least regarding gameplay mechanics- and I say that as someone that's not even a fan of Star Trek. EVE has the shittiest UI and literally the most boring combat I've ever witnessed in a video game. I'd love to play a high intrigue politics/capitalism sandbox that has good controls and fun combat, but EVE definitely isn't it.

Both of these games are garbage, which really hurts me because a Star Trek MMO should have been amazing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

Swtor is pretty fun

SWTOR is the story driven MMO that I wish Final Fantasy XIV was. Doesn't tie you up with pointless filler quests and backtracking through every single zone in the game, multiple times, as a player at the level cap like XIV's storyline does.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Who is playing Perpetuum?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

nessin posted:

Wow, I can't believe that game still exists.

Right? I actually still play it, only 3 - 5 players are ever on. I'm sure it'll shut down soon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Wasn't there some sort of issue with the development? I remember looking at it a while back and I thought they had hit a pretty big roadblock.

I'm not sure, I wouldn't be surprised. The entire game is a mess and the quality of everything is awful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is Age of Conan even still a game or did it get shut down yet?

Age of Conan is still going. Funcom has never shut down their MMO's, even though both AoC and Anarchy Online are long overdue. AoC is a messy game with horrible pacing and awful mechanics. It's not worth playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

All I can recall bug wise from launch WoW (it never clicked with me and I have never played it after that first free month) was I had a hunter and I think 1 of the 3 talent trees or whatever they are called just didn't work, like it wasn't implemented or the abilities were all broken.

That was like every class in the game though. They all had broken skill trees and none of them worked properly. People misremember classic WoW more then they realize.

• Locked thread