Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

ChickenWing posted:

I'm starting to hear a lot of this, although I've been warned that the combat is a little slow-paced, long GCDs and cast times and whatnot

Yeah, it will feel glacial at first, but it is actually fit really well with the pace of the game and encounters later on so you stop noticing that it's a fairly long GCD compared to other games. Also, it has some great localization, the people working it obviously had fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

ChickenWing posted:

Man I don't know if it's just because I've not been playing a lot of MMOs lately or what, but I really don't find the GCD in FFXIV to be all that bad.

That's because it's not actually that bad. You get used to it quickly and the game is built around the pacing it creates.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

Shy posted:

GW2 leveling is pretty bad, I don't know why it's being recommended for that (not here, but that was the advice that prompted me to buy it last year). You bump into disjointed objectives around the map and story progression is strictly instanced linear scenarios every ten levels, it could be so much better through a better balance of these things.

In addition, near the end of the main plot, the plotline quests are some of the worst quests I've done in any game ever. Full of lovely Mary Sue characters, really bad encounter design, cliches, and such a boring story that I could not possibly care less about it.

• Locked thread