Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

FFXIV is great but gets grindy as hell due to the gating system around the main story and some odd levels where you can actually run out of quests, forcing you to chain run dungeons to move on. The amount of hoops you need to jump through just to get from base game to expansion content ended up driving me away since it just gets harder and harder to find people doing the old content. Yda and Papalymo were awesome though so Id at least recommend getting through the base story if you chose the game.

I actually really enjoy SWTOR now since they basically remade the game as KOTOR 3 and everything can be done solo/duo, including most story dungeons. Plus the pretty princess dress up in that game is amazing. Oh and you can do it all without subbing since having a sub only really adds some QOL stuff.

I cant give you any insight into Blade & Soul since I just started playing yesterday. So far seems fun. The combat is, at the very least, pretty intuitive and fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The gating between hitting 50 and HW is garbage any way you look at it. Let people go back and do it on their own time, dont force them through it. It seriously made me quit with how tedious it was and youre vastly overselling the ease with which to get groups to do the harder parts can be. I was spending upwards of my whole playing sessions (40-50 minutes) just looking for groups.

Its a good game but its not without faults. The time sinks and gating show up quite often and are usually very blunt about what they are there for.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

Let me guess you played on a backwater server and not on Excalibur with literally over a thousand goons who could have helped you deal with any of the two "harder parts" (the Chrysalis and Steps of Faith instances, each of which is like a six minute endeavor) in no time at all.

No, I played on Excal, just at off hours or for short periods of time. What few goons were on were often already burnt out on the old stuff, its not like playing with goons was some magical "get a group whenever you want" party.

Like I said, I enjoyed the game up until then. A lot. And Id still recommend it to anyone looking for a fun story driven MMO, but Id also tell them to not buy the expansion and quit at 50. :v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

.wintermute posted:

I don't recall any of them being exceptionally hard, but maybe that's just me. Heroics always were more of a several days of runs for me with a guild group to get all gear needed to start raiding, except "Glory of ... Hero" achievement.

I mostly disliked LFR introduction (somewhere in the middle of Cata) and welfare gear concept.

Someone hasnt played Wildstar yet.

No one plays Wildstar

• Locked thread