Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

GW2 isn't designed from the ground up to waste your time, puts fun before minmaxing, allows gear customization for maximum fashion, and has a slot upgrade item called the Crab Bedazzler.

FF14 was fun until 50 and then it became not fun, and gathering materials for crafting in that game was an ungodly, boring chore that I wouldn't wish on anyone. I never got the expansion, but I also never got the expansion FOR A REASON.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jackard posted:

This is easily fixed, though. Which is why I keep bringing it up.

Why, the solution is so obvious you had to tell him about it!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ESO is good.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

WELL! Just keep your eyes out for a sale on Steam, really.
  • The DLC you can get if you end up liking the game and wanting more content. Strange, I know.
  • You seriously don't need the Imperial race since Imperials are nothing more than human-rear end humans. Seriously, I can't imagine.
  • Cross-faction race choice isn't a serious issue, since there are active goon guilds on each faction and you do get to experience all three factions' content regardless of race.
  • Respecs and bag space can be bought with gold, and you shouldn't really have much of a problem leveling normally.
  • You can literally just have another player with vampirism do you a solid and turn you.

So basically don't worry, there's no real pressure to burn your money in ESO.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Bretons are close enough.

Hell, I'd go so far as to say that most of the races are closer to human than they were in previous titles, with the exception of the good onesArgonians and Khajiit.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 24, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

There's also Bretons, which are also human-rear end humans. You don't have to pay to be them.

I mean they're half-elves but yeah.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

crabcakes66 posted:

ESO might be an okay game but the core combat/ability/movement feels really bad so it doesn't matter what the rest of the game is like to me.

Just curious, but what do you think makes ESO an okay game if not the core combat/ability/movement?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Morglon posted:

Yeah it's nothing special but it's presented well and the world building is pretty good. It also helps that everything is voice acted and even though town buildings are used over and over caves and dungeons feel different from one another so it's not like Star Wars where they just use the same loving cave over and over filled with different enemies. It's really not super exciting but it does enough things well to have merit unlike most other things that get shat out these days, have a population for maybe a month then just keep taking up space. It's still not something I can play constantly but it's worth checking out and occasionally coming back to.

It's a game where you can play the flute at any time.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'd like to call attention to Toontown Rewritten, a private server for the now-defunct Toontown Online, if only for the fact that it's a fun little curiosity.

It's primitive, but hey, it's my lovely MMO of choice at the moment. :v:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

If the idea of potential ERPers around any given corner happens to be a fear of yours, I suggest never playing any MMO again.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jackard posted:

Can we really trust someone named after a Pokemon

You're a real Jackard, you know that?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It has become clear that the words "Ventura" and "Carrey" are considered offensive language in Toontown and are thus censored. Does the game have taste?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

crabcakes66 posted:

I said it might be an okay game. But the core gameplay is so unenjoyable I will never experience it.

I just don't get how you can reconcile those two statements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ChickenWing posted:

I'm thinking when I play I might just start off with a dungeon regardless. MY FIANCEE isn't a huge fan of running all across hell's half acre not killing things.

GW2 is mostly about running around killing things, though it's light on dialog and stuff (outside of the ~PERSONAL STORY~ your character gets) and it might be a bit harder to run dungeons without a goon guild on hand. But hey, can't beat the price of admission.

• Locked thread