Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

ChickenWing posted:

Black Desert Online: acceptable levels of anime, unacceptable levels of idiot UI, war crime levels of voice acting. Allegedly bleh pve endgame - not super interested in farmville, and i've already got EVE for my sandbox pvp fix

This is incredibly accurate. The game looks amazing visually and the combat seemed kind of fun, but holy hell if there weren't a thousand things on my screen that were confusing as gently caress at all times.

Blade and Soul is quite fun. I just started playing it myself a few days ago. The UI is simple (and fully customizable), the gameplay is fun, a little samey and grindy but apparently it gets quite fun later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'll say it again, black desert is the first MMO I've been excited to be playing in a while. I'm sure the late game is going to disappoint me as it's mostly PVP based and lol mmo pvp.

Coming from Bland and Soulless to a fully fleshed out MMO was weird, I was expecting another Korean garbage festival where the game is ridiculously bad but goons spoon it up because of oily anime tits. But no, this game is deep, complex, and I'll eventually get to kill these people:

I really wish I could get into BDO. A goon gave me a trial key, and I made it to the part where you kill kobolds and I just logged out because there was too much poo poo on my screen to figure out what was happening.

I feel like the UI is a huge mess, coupled with it feeling like they didn't explain core game mechanics in a competent way just threw me off. That and the combat system is funky as hell. I like action combat, but the button combos for attacks were off putting.

These are just opinions, please don't eat me alive BDO goons.

• Locked thread