Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

-Troika- posted:

Realtalk: I would select whichever one promises to eradicate mosquitos as a species in this state

This is an incredibly powerful platform that I wish more politicians would adopt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

-Troika- posted:

Realtalk: I would select whichever one promises to eradicate mosquitos as a species in this state

with gas, grass, or genetic modification?

i'd go with the one which supports genetically modified organisms, since that shows the most promise to kill the bloodsucking bastards

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
All of them at once. Just enshroud the entire loving state in a cumulonimbus of DDT between April and September.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

-Troika- posted:

All of them at once. Just enshroud the entire loving state in a cumulonimbus of DDT between April and September.

I'm sorry, I oppose all GMO's --- I get my seed & feed from the co-op.

I agree, death to mosquitos is a great policy. Fortunately, deforestation for the purposes of agriculture is a great way to kill the fuckers

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

-Troika- posted:

Seems like a good idea. Just evacuate the state for a month and when everyone comes back it'll be nice and mosquito free.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Concerned Citizen posted:

Seems like a good idea. Just evacuate the state for a month and when everyone comes back it'll be nice and mosquito free.

...but enough about the month of June.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Ralp posted:

This is an incredibly powerful platform that I wish more politicians would adopt.

Is this seriously a thing?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

They both seem cool OP

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I like Omar's website and she has a cute kid and a cool name.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baron Porkface posted:

Yes, but it probably deserves its own thread since I would be very, very surprised if it were relevant in MN politics. Unless you can make it relevant... :aaa:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baron Porkface posted:

Do you ever get the gently caress out of that shithole which is the poor hipster's version of a bearded chicago to visit outstate?

Because boy o howdy let me tell ya, we got an island outstate in the family, and in the loving summer and fall if you aint in the cabin by sundown you gonna get bit

Gonna be real loving funny watching zika come to America

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ralp posted:

Yes, but it probably deserves its own thread since I would be very, very surprised if it were relevant in MN politics. Unless you can make it relevant... :aaa:

Pretty drat sure the lege would support firebombing large tracts of outstate, especially those which claim sovreignty.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Do you ever get the gently caress out of that shithole which is the poor hipster's version of a bearded chicago to visit outstate?

Because boy o howdy let me tell ya, we got an island outstate in the family, and in the loving summer and fall if you aint in the cabin by sundown you gonna get bit

Gonna be real loving funny watching zika come to America

Are there more mosquitos than during the Bush administration?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Porkface posted:

This state has AT LEAST ten thousand different lakes in it, and tends to have long, hot, humid summers. Mosquitos are endemic here.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baron Porkface posted:

Are there more mosquitos than during the Bush administration?

While I just call them cheeseheads, yes, there are more Wisconites here now than during the Bush administration

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

-Troika- posted:

This state has AT LEAST ten thousand different lakes in it, and tends to have long, hot, humid summers. Mosquitos are endemic here.

Right but doesn't the food chain need mosquitos?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baron Porkface posted:

Right but doesn't the food chain need mosquitos?

As much as a state fair needs cheesecurds

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
i spent about 2 seconds on each website so i am qualified to say Vote Omar

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

As much as a state fair needs cheesecurds

You aren't building your case.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus gently caress how many D&D posters actually live in Minnesota? This is starting to weird me out a little.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

-Troika- posted:

Jesus gently caress how many D&D posters actually live in Minnesota? This is starting to weird me out a little.

All of us do. That's why posting drops off during bike riding season.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

-Troika- posted:

minnesota is a super white state. how does it not make sense that many posters on a super white internet site are from a super white state?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

do yall pronounce it minnesOHHH-ta with that canadian rounded OHHHH

once i got a transfer in minneapolis and these dudes sitting next to me on the plane were talking with that accent and when they laughed they literally went OHH OHHH OHH OHH OHH with that exact rounded o sound

loving weird

but i hear its cool i wish id gone when the metrodome was a thing

i did my phd using rain gauge data from the twin cities area, i should piss in those gauges before i die

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Metrodome was best appreciated from the outside, rather than the inside. Also lol bike riding season. During all 4 seasons in any particular part of town you are guaranteed to see at least one idiot sailing along on a four speed, blithely ignoring traffic, iphone earbuds stuck in.

Most of the people with wierd loving are from small towns that were founded by Germans or Scandanavians. :hitler: I grew up in the Twin Cities myself, which is pretty much the only place worth poo poo in the entire state most of the time.

Also, we're having an unseasonably early spring this year, which means all the bodies, snow mobiles, pickup trucks and ice fishing shacks are going to start floating up early :laugh:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
its pronounced "Minnechótah, eh?"

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I just got a call from Ilhan Omar, talked about the following:

-She says neither the DFL or the state or local governments did anything about that caucus assault, if Khan doesn't provide on hell of an explanation and evidence that she's done something against it I'm going to hold it against her. If this had happened in Chicago or Boston I would've thought that was a mafia attack.

-She wasn't aware that the north American Vexillogical Association rated our flag 67/72 of state and Canadian province flags. https://nava.org/digital-library/design/surveys/2001-State-Provincial-Flag-Survey.pdf I asked her to look into the process by which Canada got it's new flag.

-She believes in eliminating grand juries in order to make prosecuting cop shootings more effective and just. I'm going to ask around about this, because i don't necessarily believe her.

-She wasn't familiar with what is called non-point source pollution and the fact that runoff from Minnesota and Mississippi river state farms causes a dead zone in the gulf of mexico. I didn't press her on this because I only asked on behalf of some environmentalist family members. As far as I care Louisiana and Mississippi can drink our cow poop water, gently caress them.

I also got a vague idea of the delegate count, the numbers weren't with her at the time she called

Ilhan has 141 or 52% of delegates
Khan has 47 or 17% of delegates
Muhammad noor has 9% (he wasn't at my caucus site so he can :w2byob: )

If no one gets 60% of delegates it goes to a primary

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baron Porkface posted:

I just got a call from Ilhan Omar, talked about the following:

-She says neither the DFL or the state or local governments did anything about that caucus assault, if Khan doesn't provide on hell of an explanation and evidence that she's done something against it I'm going to hold it against her. If this had happened in Chicago or Boston I would've thought that was a mafia attack.

-She wasn't aware that the north American Vexillogical Association rated our flag 67/72 of state and Canadian province flags. https://nava.org/digital-library/design/surveys/2001-State-Provincial-Flag-Survey.pdf I asked her to look into the process by which Canada got it's new flag.

-She believes in eliminating grand juries in order to make prosecuting cop shootings more effective and just. I'm going to ask around about this, because i don't necessarily believe her.

-She wasn't familiar with what is called non-point source pollution and the fact that runoff from Minnesota and Mississippi river state farms causes a dead zone in the gulf of mexico. I didn't press her on this because I only asked on behalf of some environmentalist family members. As far as I care Louisiana and Mississippi can drink our cow poop water, gently caress them.

I also got a vague idea of the delegate count, the numbers weren't with her at the time she called

Ilhan has 141 or 52% of delegates
Khan has 47 or 17% of delegates
Muhammad noor has 9% (he wasn't at my caucus site so he can :w2byob: )

If no one gets 60% of delegates it goes to a primary

River runoff is actually a huge issue which will only continue to grow in rate of incidents in Minnesota, as the state continues to be deforested since more farms = more points for poop runoffs

It's an issue in IL with a few Members of Congress being responsible for some mass die-offs in their local rivers

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I renounce anything I may have previously stated or implied about Mark Dayton being the Pat Quinn of Minnesota.

Mark Dayton is a good man.

And his seat's going to be open

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

I like the idea of voting for the incumbent Khan, due to committee positions.

Also, Omar is close to winning outright, force a primary!

And finally, because

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
:omarcomin:

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

Im writing this post to remind myself to ask her to change our stupid state flag.

fight me irl ill break a grainbelt bottle over ur head

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I forgot to update!

two Fridays ago I got a call from KHAN!

-She was much more informed about nuclear power. She was a bit slippery on why Minnesota should have a nuclear power moratorium; she said that there weren't good options for waste disposal, people informed about nuclear power know that this is an issue of bad law, not the limits of technology.

- She was on the ball about non-point source pollution and gave the recent example of shooting down a Republican scam to poison the water https://d229l5sflpl9cp.cloudfront.net/static/vetotext/52478.pdf

-She was ambivalent about grand juries, I have no reason to believe that she would vote against a Democratic majority in the issue.

-She regrets being blase about the caucus violence. I couldn't think of anything she could have done to address that so I didn't push the issue.

-She is an archliberal with an immaculate voting record and Omar has never brought up a policy issue in which they are in disagreement. She did mention that Omar never contacted her on any issue before running and never has any sort of feedback from her other than the fact that she began running for congress.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Baron Porkface posted:

I forgot to update!

two Fridays ago I got a call from KHAN!

-She was much more informed about nuclear power. She was a bit slippery on why Minnesota should have a nuclear power moratorium; she said that there weren't good options for waste disposal, people informed about nuclear power know that this is an issue of bad law, not the limits of technology.

- She was on the ball about non-point source pollution and gave the recent example of shooting down a Republican scam to poison the water https://d229l5sflpl9cp.cloudfront.net/static/vetotext/52478.pdf

-She was ambivalent about grand juries, I have no reason to believe that she would vote against a Democratic majority in the issue.

-She regrets being blase about the caucus violence. I couldn't think of anything she could have done to address that so I didn't push the issue.

-She is an archliberal with an immaculate voting record and Omar has never brought up a policy issue in which they are in disagreement. She did mention that Omar never contacted her on any issue before running and never has any sort of feedback from her other than the fact that she began running for congress.

Tell her if she doesn't personally stand in the middle of 35W with a BLM shirt on at this very moment no vote for her.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i really like this thread, thanks for opening a window into this whole process. i guess i'd go for the establishment liberal with experience. the system wins again

is this your first time running for and serving as a delegate? do you see anything coming out of this in terms of connections or otherwise finding areas of future political engagement through the process? i'm too lazy to do this poo poo so i'm interested in your experiences

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

oystertoadfish posted:

i really like this thread, thanks for opening a window into this whole process. i guess i'd go for the establishment liberal with experience. the system wins again

is this your first time running for and serving as a delegate? do you see anything coming out of this in terms of connections or otherwise finding areas of future political engagement through the process? i'm too lazy to do this poo poo so i'm interested in your experiences

its a good window into 2018, when theres an open governor race and a shitload of candidates

unite and control two or three counties with your machine, and bam, you got clout to trade

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Also khan was interested in changing the state flag, she tried it a while back and has a prototype still in her office.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
why the gently caress does changing your flag seem like such a loving motivating issue in elections?

Like, I don't understand it. Your flag isn't, like, Indiana's or some truly godawful state's

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

why the gently caress does changing your flag seem like such a loving motivating issue in elections?

Like, I don't understand it. Your flag isn't, like, Indiana's or some truly godawful state's

Minnesota has a seriously garbage quality flag tho.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bip Roberts posted:

Minnesota has a seriously garbage quality flag tho.

its not the worst flag i ever done seen

like, theres a horse. and a gun. and corn. its pretty representative of your state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

its not the worst flag i ever done seen

like, theres a horse. and a gun. and corn. its pretty representative of your state.

The problem is it looks like nothing from more than 10 feet away. It's just a bunch of tiny poo poo in the middle of a sheet. Look at the Chicago flag. That's a good flag. Not this slap a some clipart on a call it a day.

Still better than the Wisconsin flag.

• Locked thread