Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bip Roberts posted:

The problem is it looks like nothing from more than 10 feet away. It's just a bunch of tiny poo poo in the middle of a sheet. Look at the Chicago flag. That's a good flag. Not this slap a some clipart on a call it a day.

Still better than the Wisconsin flag.

of course chicago has a good flag, chicago almost had the best flag because chicago's flag reminds me of israel's flag

minnesota's flag seems just to be a blue tarp with yellow circle from a distance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

why the gently caress does changing your flag seem like such a loving motivating issue in elections?

Like, I don't understand it. Your flag isn't, like, Indiana's or some truly godawful state's

It's something that can be easily done without passing taxes or passing new laws and poo poo. It's congress's job to get a good flag.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

The prosecutor in the Jamal Clark case decided not to press charges, Khan called and said she believed he performed due diligence and approved that he didn't pass it off on a grand jury, I wonder what Ilhan will say about it.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

So your flag issue got me googling, and there are some really good suggestions. I think this thread needs more Minnesotan flag chat!

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
idk we're talking about the flag that saved the union at gettysburg, changing it sounds pretty.... confederate... to me.

~paging jastiger to YCS~

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

The flag was adopted in 1893. it's on the illegible seal that no one loving reads.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

The flag was adopted in 1893. it's on the illegible seal that no one loving reads.

well duh how the gently caress am I supposed to read that it's loving illegible. something about a dude riding a bison right?

edit: In all seriousness I decided to go find out what flag they would have been carrying and woooooow not only was our state seal basically "lol gtfo natives" but they managed to engrave the fucker backwards too.:rolleyes: Good job Minnesota!!!

I am not a book has issued a correction as of 04:21 on Apr 1, 2016

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Well FINE next caucus you loving advance the resolution "DFL commita to adopting a non-ugly state flag" and see how far you get

wonder how much you could troll with the flag....

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Alaska has the best flag and always will, and the last time minnesota designed a logo and color scheme we got the garbage tier minnesota wild, so dont get ahead of yourself.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
proposed future MN state flags:

alternate options

guess what im sayn is, Minnesota could use a bear on its flag

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

proposed future MN state flags:

alternate options

guess what im sayn is, Minnesota could use a bear on its flag

Those own too bad they won't be able to fly in our beautiful new taxpayer funded NFL stadium the 8 days a year its in use (it's indoors, people are wimps).

Edit: unless we use the AC to cheat like the twins did to generate some wind.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Pro sports are what separates us from Iowa, so money well spent.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Convention in 1 hour, will give updates if there's wifi at the High School.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Holy gently caress the convention was a disaster, will give a writeup after getting some sleep and maybe barfing. imagine being trapped on an airplane tarmac for 17 hours while the flight attendants bellow about binary genders.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Baron Porkface posted:

Holy gently caress the convention was a disaster, will give a writeup after getting some sleep and maybe barfing. imagine being trapped on an airplane tarmac for 17 hours while the flight attendants bellow about binary genders.

Minnesota nice.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

nice minnesotadown

(cant wait to hear about it)

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

KAHN BABY KAHN

e: Is it really about "firsts" despite similar politics?

The_Book_Of_Harry has issued a correction as of 07:26 on Apr 10, 2016

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
if you bring cookies for everyone at the convention, its pretty goddamn easy to be nominated convention chair.

Then you shut everyone the gently caress down and run it like LBJ would a Senate vote.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
hahaha

neither candidate getting more than 60%

SOLUTION: AT HOUR 14 ORDER PIZZA FOR ALL AND BRING IN THE KEGS

MAKE A VOTE FOR YOU A VOTE FOR PIZZA AND BEER

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
All conventions and caucuses should be decided by a lefse/lutefisk eating contest.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

KAHN BABY KAHN

e: Is it really about "firsts" despite similar politics?

It's about Khan wanting to get an equal rights amendment for the Minnesota State Constitution. It will be 10 years until Ilhan Omar will have any seniority to get anything done.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

No beer, it was at a middle school and you didn't want to offend the (lots of) Somali Muslims. Writeup still pending.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Way to send it to a primary you chump.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

I am not a book posted:

All conventions and caucuses should be decided by a lefse/lutefisk eating contest.

I brought lefse to my convention.

Guess who's now a superdelegate.

Food wins votes. First thing ya should do when moving to a region is find the fastest route to make friends with brewery owners.

Two Minnesotans and a Chicagoan walk into a room
Diametrically opposed, foes
They emerge with a compromise
Having opened doors that were previously closed

The Chicagoan emerges with unprecedented financial power
A system he can shape however he wants
The Minnesotans emerge with state's Gubernatorial nomination

And heres the piece d'resistance

Nobody else was in the room where it happens, when it happens.

I arranged the meeting.
I arranged the lefse,
Arranged the drinking.

Migf approaches with Chicagoan insight
Minnesotans approach with Minnesota niceness
I propose we solve one problem with another
And win a victory for the Democrats

MIGF
WHAT DID THEY SAY TO YOU
TO GET YOU TO SELL CHICAGO DOWN THE RIVER

DOES HIZZONAH KNOW YOU'VE SOLD CHICAGO DOWN THE RIVER

I wanna build something that's gonna outlive my political life.

I, wanna be in the room where it happens
In the room when it happens.

I

wanna be in the room

Where it happens

I WANNA BE

I GOTTA BE

I GOTTA BE

The art of the compromise
Hold your nose and close your eyes
God I loving love the Democratic party. Aren't we so motherfucking awesome?

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

My Imaginary GF posted:

Food wins votes. First thing ya should do when moving to a region is find the fastest route to make friends with brewery owners.

I arranged the meeting.
I arranged the lefse,
Arranged the drinking.

MIGF
WHAT DID THEY SAY TO YOU

I

wanna be in the room

Where it happens

I WANNA BE

I GOTTA BE

I GOTTA BE

It all started here folks. This will be our president someday.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

My Imaginary GF posted:

I arranged the meeting.
I arranged the lefse,
Arranged the drinking.

MIGF
WHAT DID THEY SAY TO YOU

I

wanna be in the room

Where it happens

I WANNA BE

I GOTTA BE

I GOTTA BE

Unironically. Nice meltdown

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bloody Queef posted:

Unironically. Nice meltdown

What meltdown? I honestly love Hamilton enough that, even as a straight male who's been confused for a lumbersexual in the past, I'm willing to belt it out at any and every opportunity I have.

God, wouldn't it be so loving great if only there was a Hamilton-level quality of production for all the Founding Fathers? Surely, we can all agree that it is in the national interest to fund Arts Council appropriations which advance the cause of making the founding fathers motherfucking fun to learn about.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
But honestly, folk: Apart from ensuring the essence of the state iconography would kick Wiscinsin's rear end back to Indiana, how else can Minnesota be an ever better, an even greater, an even more amazing state? Honestly, I'd love to hear some actionable thoughts.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Was talking with some folk recently. Apparently, there is a lot of room to cut MNDoT's budget and get rid of some useless folk who demand thruput with no concern of anything else other than "BUT MY REAR END COLLISSION STATS!!!!"

What I'm saying is we should save this state a boatload of money while making others money, reducing health disparities, all while SLOWING THE MOTHERFUCKING RATE OF TRAFFIC AND GETTING MORE FOLK TO WALK.

And fire anyone who disagrees in MNDoT.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
MIGF what the hell are you talking about?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

I am not a book posted:

MIGF what the hell are you talking about?

I'm saying that you should vote to nomination someone who cares more about people than they do things.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

My Imaginary GF posted:

Was talking with some folk recently. Apparently, there is a lot of room to cut MNDoT's budget and get rid of some useless folk who demand thruput with no concern of anything else other than "BUT MY REAR END COLLISSION STATS!!!!"

What I'm saying is we should save this state a boatload of money while making others money, reducing health disparities, all while SLOWING THE MOTHERFUCKING RATE OF TRAFFIC AND GETTING MORE FOLK TO WALK.

...Wonky transportation debates, you say?

I would unironically like to know more.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GreyjoyBastard posted:

...Wonky transportation debates, you say?

I would unironically like to know more.

And I would love to PM you about it.

tl;dr is that I am motherfucking going to stack MNDoT with the right people so loving hard that nobody will see it coming until we've made our outstate communities so loving great.

If you work in MNDoT and I ask you, 'How many heroin addictions will be prevented with your proposed lane width and throughput per hour,' you should be able to not only answer in number of cases based upon the relevant public health and community development literature, but also be able to tell me how much money you'll save the state over 5, 10, and 20 years from opiate addict prevention.

I can do it; I have done it; I am doing it; why aren't you, MNDoT?

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Don't worry, with the rip up of 94, 694, 280 and 36 coming you will be able to walk faster then you can drive in the eastern metro. Next year we have 169. God 2017 will be the worst for traffic in a generation.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

karthun posted:

Don't worry, with the rip up of 94, 694, 280 and 36 coming you will be able to walk faster then you can drive in the eastern metro. Next year we have 169. God 2017 will be the worst for traffic in a generation.

Que? I don't speak cities.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The main MNDoT issue these days was the chose the asphalt formulation wrong so now ever road in the state is falling apart 10 years ahead of schedule.

karthun posted:

I drive on none of these. I am okay with this.

Bip Roberts has issued a correction as of 01:20 on Apr 20, 2016

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bip Roberts posted:

The main MNDoT issue these days was the chose the asphalt formulation wrong so now ever road in the state is falling apart 10 years ahead of schedule.

I drive on none of these. I am okay with this.

They didn't choose wrong, they chose the correct Cargill formulation for what they wanted at the time.

GCValentine
Oct 25, 2007
Important Event

karthun posted:

Oh god 169? Good thing I never have to use that road anymore.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Oh man MIGF, you're an outstater?
Tell me, how do you feel about............
.......Polymet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Is omar comin

• Locked thread