Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

greatn posted:

You should just vote for whoever won the state.

Usually state house representatives aren't voted on over the whole state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Baron Porkface posted:

I forgot to update!

two Fridays ago I got a call from KHAN!

-She was much more informed about nuclear power. She was a bit slippery on why Minnesota should have a nuclear power moratorium; she said that there weren't good options for waste disposal, people informed about nuclear power know that this is an issue of bad law, not the limits of technology.

- She was on the ball about non-point source pollution and gave the recent example of shooting down a Republican scam to poison the water https://d229l5sflpl9cp.cloudfront.net/static/vetotext/52478.pdf

-She was ambivalent about grand juries, I have no reason to believe that she would vote against a Democratic majority in the issue.

-She regrets being blase about the caucus violence. I couldn't think of anything she could have done to address that so I didn't push the issue.

-She is an archliberal with an immaculate voting record and Omar has never brought up a policy issue in which they are in disagreement. She did mention that Omar never contacted her on any issue before running and never has any sort of feedback from her other than the fact that she began running for congress.

Tell her if she doesn't personally stand in the middle of 35W with a BLM shirt on at this very moment no vote for her.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

why the gently caress does changing your flag seem like such a loving motivating issue in elections?

Like, I don't understand it. Your flag isn't, like, Indiana's or some truly godawful state's

Minnesota has a seriously garbage quality flag tho.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

its not the worst flag i ever done seen

like, theres a horse. and a gun. and corn. its pretty representative of your state.

The problem is it looks like nothing from more than 10 feet away. It's just a bunch of tiny poo poo in the middle of a sheet. Look at the Chicago flag. That's a good flag. Not this slap a some clipart on a call it a day.

Still better than the Wisconsin flag.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

proposed future MN state flags:

alternate options

guess what im sayn is, Minnesota could use a bear on its flag

Those own too bad they won't be able to fly in our beautiful new taxpayer funded NFL stadium the 8 days a year its in use (it's indoors, people are wimps).

Edit: unless we use the AC to cheat like the twins did to generate some wind.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Baron Porkface posted:

Holy gently caress the convention was a disaster, will give a writeup after getting some sleep and maybe barfing. imagine being trapped on an airplane tarmac for 17 hours while the flight attendants bellow about binary genders.

Minnesota nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The main MNDoT issue these days was the chose the asphalt formulation wrong so now ever road in the state is falling apart 10 years ahead of schedule.

karthun posted:

Don't worry, with the rip up of 94, 694, 280 and 36 coming you will be able to walk faster then you can drive in the eastern metro. Next year we have 169. God 2017 will be the worst for traffic in a generation.

I drive on none of these. I am okay with this.

Bip Roberts has issued a correction as of 01:20 on Apr 20, 2016

• Locked thread