Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
vote for whichever one hates Brainerd more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

-Troika- posted:

Minnesota's politics are wierd as gently caress sometimes. I think it's the only one that has elected multiple third party politicians (usually Green Party) to office in the 20th century.

how the gently caress can you elect a wrestler to run your loving state?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baron Porkface posted:

What is the likelyhood that the Ways and Means position will go to another Democratic even if it's not my own?

100% if it aint an insider you vote for.

Compromise your values for the sake of bettering your network.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baron Porkface posted:

Friendly reminder that Donald Trump is also a professional wrestler.

and whats the loving deal with trying to smear the DNR when you get caught giving a blowie to a fellow legislator? you dont loving call a cop a liar; you ask god for forgiveness and you defund the agency which the officer works for until such a time as the officer offers a mea culpea that he actually saw nothing and is so sorry for all the trouble hes caused

like, how the gently caress can you trust a state to govern itself when its legislators put their marriages ahead of ratfucking with money?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baron Porkface posted:

Source your quotes please.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/gop-lawmakers-caught-half-naked-in-car-admit-trying-to-smear-cop-who-busted-them/

quote:

Minnesota State Reps. Tara Mack and Tim Kelly apologized to “law enforcement” but not the park ranger they claimed lied about them making out in a car in Lebanon Hills Regional Park, where Kelly was discovered with his pants unzipped and pulled down three weeks ago.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
like come the gently caress on, save your spring flings for an icehouse on Kabetogama like a good elected

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

-Troika- posted:

Realtalk: I would select whichever one promises to eradicate mosquitos as a species in this state

with gas, grass, or genetic modification?

i'd go with the one which supports genetically modified organisms, since that shows the most promise to kill the bloodsucking bastards

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

-Troika- posted:

All of them at once. Just enshroud the entire loving state in a cumulonimbus of DDT between April and September.

I'm sorry, I oppose all GMO's --- I get my seed & feed from the co-op.

I agree, death to mosquitos is a great policy. Fortunately, deforestation for the purposes of agriculture is a great way to kill the fuckers

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Concerned Citizen posted:

Seems like a good idea. Just evacuate the state for a month and when everyone comes back it'll be nice and mosquito free.

...but enough about the month of June.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baron Porkface posted:

Is this seriously a thing?

Do you ever get the gently caress out of that shithole which is the poor hipster's version of a bearded chicago to visit outstate?

Because boy o howdy let me tell ya, we got an island outstate in the family, and in the loving summer and fall if you aint in the cabin by sundown you gonna get bit

Gonna be real loving funny watching zika come to America

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ralp posted:

Yes, but it probably deserves its own thread since I would be very, very surprised if it were relevant in MN politics. Unless you can make it relevant... :aaa:

Pretty drat sure the lege would support firebombing large tracts of outstate, especially those which claim sovreignty.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baron Porkface posted:

Are there more mosquitos than during the Bush administration?

While I just call them cheeseheads, yes, there are more Wisconites here now than during the Bush administration

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baron Porkface posted:

Right but doesn't the food chain need mosquitos?

As much as a state fair needs cheesecurds

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

-Troika- posted:

Jesus gently caress how many D&D posters actually live in Minnesota? This is starting to weird me out a little.

minnesota is a super white state. how does it not make sense that many posters on a super white internet site are from a super white state?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
its pronounced "Minnechótah, eh?"

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baron Porkface posted:

I just got a call from Ilhan Omar, talked about the following:

-She says neither the DFL or the state or local governments did anything about that caucus assault, if Khan doesn't provide on hell of an explanation and evidence that she's done something against it I'm going to hold it against her. If this had happened in Chicago or Boston I would've thought that was a mafia attack.

-She wasn't aware that the north American Vexillogical Association rated our flag 67/72 of state and Canadian province flags. https://nava.org/digital-library/design/surveys/2001-State-Provincial-Flag-Survey.pdf I asked her to look into the process by which Canada got it's new flag.

-She believes in eliminating grand juries in order to make prosecuting cop shootings more effective and just. I'm going to ask around about this, because i don't necessarily believe her.

-She wasn't familiar with what is called non-point source pollution and the fact that runoff from Minnesota and Mississippi river state farms causes a dead zone in the gulf of mexico. I didn't press her on this because I only asked on behalf of some environmentalist family members. As far as I care Louisiana and Mississippi can drink our cow poop water, gently caress them.

I also got a vague idea of the delegate count, the numbers weren't with her at the time she called

Ilhan has 141 or 52% of delegates
Khan has 47 or 17% of delegates
Muhammad noor has 9% (he wasn't at my caucus site so he can :w2byob: )

If no one gets 60% of delegates it goes to a primary

River runoff is actually a huge issue which will only continue to grow in rate of incidents in Minnesota, as the state continues to be deforested since more farms = more points for poop runoffs

It's an issue in IL with a few Members of Congress being responsible for some mass die-offs in their local rivers

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I renounce anything I may have previously stated or implied about Mark Dayton being the Pat Quinn of Minnesota.

Mark Dayton is a good man.

And his seat's going to be open

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

oystertoadfish posted:

i really like this thread, thanks for opening a window into this whole process. i guess i'd go for the establishment liberal with experience. the system wins again

is this your first time running for and serving as a delegate? do you see anything coming out of this in terms of connections or otherwise finding areas of future political engagement through the process? i'm too lazy to do this poo poo so i'm interested in your experiences

its a good window into 2018, when theres an open governor race and a shitload of candidates

unite and control two or three counties with your machine, and bam, you got clout to trade

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
why the gently caress does changing your flag seem like such a loving motivating issue in elections?

Like, I don't understand it. Your flag isn't, like, Indiana's or some truly godawful state's

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bip Roberts posted:

Minnesota has a seriously garbage quality flag tho.

its not the worst flag i ever done seen

like, theres a horse. and a gun. and corn. its pretty representative of your state.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bip Roberts posted:

The problem is it looks like nothing from more than 10 feet away. It's just a bunch of tiny poo poo in the middle of a sheet. Look at the Chicago flag. That's a good flag. Not this slap a some clipart on a call it a day.

Still better than the Wisconsin flag.

of course chicago has a good flag, chicago almost had the best flag because chicago's flag reminds me of israel's flag

minnesota's flag seems just to be a blue tarp with yellow circle from a distance

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Well FINE next caucus you loving advance the resolution "DFL commita to adopting a non-ugly state flag" and see how far you get

wonder how much you could troll with the flag....

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
proposed future MN state flags:

alternate options

guess what im sayn is, Minnesota could use a bear on its flag

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
if you bring cookies for everyone at the convention, its pretty goddamn easy to be nominated convention chair.

Then you shut everyone the gently caress down and run it like LBJ would a Senate vote.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
hahaha

neither candidate getting more than 60%

SOLUTION: AT HOUR 14 ORDER PIZZA FOR ALL AND BRING IN THE KEGS

MAKE A VOTE FOR YOU A VOTE FOR PIZZA AND BEER

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

I am not a book posted:

All conventions and caucuses should be decided by a lefse/lutefisk eating contest.

I brought lefse to my convention.

Guess who's now a superdelegate.

Food wins votes. First thing ya should do when moving to a region is find the fastest route to make friends with brewery owners.

Two Minnesotans and a Chicagoan walk into a room
Diametrically opposed, foes
They emerge with a compromise
Having opened doors that were previously closed

The Chicagoan emerges with unprecedented financial power
A system he can shape however he wants
The Minnesotans emerge with state's Gubernatorial nomination

And heres the piece d'resistance

Nobody else was in the room where it happens, when it happens.

I arranged the meeting.
I arranged the lefse,
Arranged the drinking.

Migf approaches with Chicagoan insight
Minnesotans approach with Minnesota niceness
I propose we solve one problem with another
And win a victory for the Democrats

MIGF
WHAT DID THEY SAY TO YOU
TO GET YOU TO SELL CHICAGO DOWN THE RIVER

DOES HIZZONAH KNOW YOU'VE SOLD CHICAGO DOWN THE RIVER

I wanna build something that's gonna outlive my political life.

I, wanna be in the room where it happens
In the room when it happens.
I, wanna be in the room where it happens
In the room when it happens.

I

wanna be in the room

Where it happens

I WANNA BE

I GOTTA BE

I GOTTA BE

The art of the compromise
Hold your nose and close your eyes
God I loving love the Democratic party. Aren't we so motherfucking awesome?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bloody Queef posted:

Unironically. Nice meltdown

What meltdown? I honestly love Hamilton enough that, even as a straight male who's been confused for a lumbersexual in the past, I'm willing to belt it out at any and every opportunity I have.

God, wouldn't it be so loving great if only there was a Hamilton-level quality of production for all the Founding Fathers? Surely, we can all agree that it is in the national interest to fund Arts Council appropriations which advance the cause of making the founding fathers motherfucking fun to learn about.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
But honestly, folk: Apart from ensuring the essence of the state iconography would kick Wiscinsin's rear end back to Indiana, how else can Minnesota be an ever better, an even greater, an even more amazing state? Honestly, I'd love to hear some actionable thoughts.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Was talking with some folk recently. Apparently, there is a lot of room to cut MNDoT's budget and get rid of some useless folk who demand thruput with no concern of anything else other than "BUT MY REAR END COLLISSION STATS!!!!"

What I'm saying is we should save this state a boatload of money while making others money, reducing health disparities, all while SLOWING THE MOTHERFUCKING RATE OF TRAFFIC AND GETTING MORE FOLK TO WALK.

And fire anyone who disagrees in MNDoT.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

I am not a book posted:

MIGF what the hell are you talking about?

I'm saying that you should vote to nomination someone who cares more about people than they do things.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GreyjoyBastard posted:

...Wonky transportation debates, you say?

I would unironically like to know more.

And I would love to PM you about it.

tl;dr is that I am motherfucking going to stack MNDoT with the right people so loving hard that nobody will see it coming until we've made our outstate communities so loving great.

If you work in MNDoT and I ask you, 'How many heroin addictions will be prevented with your proposed lane width and throughput per hour,' you should be able to not only answer in number of cases based upon the relevant public health and community development literature, but also be able to tell me how much money you'll save the state over 5, 10, and 20 years from opiate addict prevention.

I can do it; I have done it; I am doing it; why aren't you, MNDoT?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

karthun posted:

Don't worry, with the rip up of 94, 694, 280 and 36 coming you will be able to walk faster then you can drive in the eastern metro. Next year we have 169. God 2017 will be the worst for traffic in a generation.

Que? I don't speak cities.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bip Roberts posted:

The main MNDoT issue these days was the chose the asphalt formulation wrong so now ever road in the state is falling apart 10 years ahead of schedule.

I drive on none of these. I am okay with this.

They didn't choose wrong, they chose the correct Cargill formulation for what they wanted at the time.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

I am not a book posted:

Oh man MIGF, you're an outstater?
Tell me, how do you feel about............
.......Polymet

the gently caress is that? Some Minnesota State poo poo?

I will tell you how I feel: I feel that there is so much opportunity, and so much failure to go after it because folk keep going with their gut rather than going with hard evidence and data.

gently caress your Minnesota gut, I go with numbers. MNDoT cares about things; I care about people. MNDoT asks first how many rear-end collisions happen; I ask first how many pedestrian collisions happen. I care about people more than I care about things, and we can save so much loving money while revitalizing and integrating our communities when we quit giving a poo poo about things and put people first and foremost in our thoughts.

Also I loving love being able to walk around on my land and pick wild rhubarb right outta the gently caress'n ground. So loving tasty when ya pick it yourself. So loving tasty.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Hey migf since you run mndot or w/e can you explain why you can't exit onto 94 eastbound from 35W southbound or from 94 wb to 35W nb? Makes no loving sense idgi.

Your highways are gently caress'n monstrocities. Bury them and build on top.

Live gently caress'n closer to where you work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

thecluckmeme posted:

Glass the twin cities. Also, the rest of mn

The gently caress kinda state you intend Minnesota to be, a wetter Wisconsin?

• Locked thread