Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Bloody posted:

AT literally carried mains power on the motherboard connector because the power switch was implemented by just making the connection on the mains input lmao

i electrocuted myself with this twice

im fine

I did this to myself and can confirm it hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
im using the same antec p180 case that i've had for probably 10 years at this point

the front door broke off and the front usb port assembly broke too, but i emailed antec and they shipped me a replacement

i'll probably keep it for another 10 years because there's literally nothing wrong with it.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

hey remember thermaltake? maker of fine cases such as the Xaser™?

I wonder what sort of cases they're making these d-

:okpos:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
buddy of mine had this. he usually just opened the side panel because the airflow sucked

there was also another computer he had as like a server or whatever, but it had no case. we needed to use it to like image a drive or something, so i found out his method for turning it on was to touch two pins with the metal part of a pencil

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

SO DEMANDING posted:

I wonder what sort of cases they're making these d-

:okpos:

lmao look at all those 90 degree fittings what a great cooling system for a loving moron

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

when i worked in the computer shop, smelly hick dudes would come in with a missing foot, a big grin and an insurance settlement. they would always order custom build machines with the most cores AMD offered, a shitload of RAM, and a 1TB WD Green drive. My boss literally wouldn't let me offer SSD's because "nobody's going to buy that, they want the gigabytes"

about 70% of the settlement builds were in this case. they LOVED THIS CASE.

Oh and half the time they wanted them to play lovely bra and panties pay2win KMMO's.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

NoneMoreNegative posted:

my current case I liked enough to keep when doing my last big system build late last year rather than upgrading; riding eternal, shiny and chrome :cool:

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16811129026

lol, do you keep it on top of the desk?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

BANME.sh posted:

im using the same antec p180 case that i've had for probably 10 years at this point

the front door broke off and the front usb port assembly broke too, but i emailed antec and they shipped me a replacement

i'll probably keep it for another 10 years because there's literally nothing wrong with it.

I have a p180 and aside for the size it's great. Wish it was just a bit smaller m

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

SO DEMANDING posted:

oh god the checkerboard pattern :barf:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I got it when compusa went under for like $30

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

banime

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
what does the sideways lcd display even do? display thermaltake at all times?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

this was exactly what i used for my first build

edit: it was NOT paid for with an insurance settlement

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

My Linux Rig posted:

what does the sideways lcd display even do? display thermaltake at all times?

it isnt an lcd display, it's just their logo backlit with an EL strip

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

~see my amazon wishlistu~
i'm not gonna look for it but mine was this case that was fine except that the side panels were styled weird, like the left panel has this very weird sawtooth ribbing and the right panel just bowed out for absolutely no reason, also it was total dogshit for ventilation

everybody owned some variation of this case between 2000-2006, i found a shorter one that still somehow has far too many drive bays at a thrift store the other day

woah nice power beans

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

please always buy fractal designs, thanks

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

oval office AND PASTE posted:

please always buy fractal designs, thanks

yup

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

SO DEMANDING posted:

it isnt an lcd display, it's just their logo backlit with an EL strip

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

my current case I liked enough to keep when doing my last big system build late last year rather than upgrading; riding eternal, shiny and chrome :cool:

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16811129026

WITNESS ME, THE FLOOR, THE CAT AS HE PASSES

in college i took a lovely steel case someone tossed and painted it red, yellow, and added a blue light inside the roughly cut flame window then filled it with crummy parts and used it as a cheap server. thing was garrish as gently caress and i loved it every minute until the mobo randomly didnt work after power cycling

right next to a plain aluminum lian li case with no garbage decorations

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that thing never saw the light of day out of shame, i locked it away like some quasimodo computer

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Virion posted:

that thing never saw the light of day out of shame, i locked it away like some quasimodo computer

wish you'd do the same with youre posts

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

hosed up thing about all these bazillion drive cases is that now that i dont have one i have more hard drives than i have room for drives so i just have fuckin loose hard drives plugged in and whirring away piled up inside my computer

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
once the computer inside this case became irrelevant i made this bad boy fit a normal motherboard and psu

my chieftec chenming was the best if they still sold these w/o windows i'd probably buy another one.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

error1 posted:

Apart from really bad ventilation it was the best case ever
proest case

Thermaltake: The Torgue of Cases?

Virion posted:

quasimodo computer
lmao mods plz

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

holy poo poo i just remembered i built a htpc into one of these

when i was a dumb teen

that thing owned

gutting that vcr though holy poo poo was it dense with pcbs inside

JVC literally still has the docs for this fucker on their website http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/features.jsp?model_id=MDL101008&feature_id=01

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

pro.jvc indeed

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

Incomplete Fish posted:

once the computer inside this case became irrelevant i made this bad boy fit a normal motherboard and psu

i'm restoring one of these except its a 486 and there's no weird vertical floppy

Incomplete Fish posted:

chieftec chenming

was racking my brain all day trying to remember the name of this shitbox

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Incomplete Fish posted:

my chieftec chenming was the best if they still sold these w/o windows i'd probably buy another one.

i had this in the same horri ble green color

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Incomplete Fish posted:

i have a ton of nostalgia for that case and the desktop from the same time

i spent a lot of time back then on gateway 2000s like that

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
had this piece of shitfor a while:

thankfully updrageed to something a bit more attractive:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mine is horrible

really want to replace it with something very ervy very non gross

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

this 50 pound bastard (18.1Kg empty)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Apocadall posted:

this 50 pound bastard (18.1Kg empty)

lol just lol if you didn't install a fleshlight in the supplied port on the front.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

compy fucky

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol just lol if you didn't install a fleshlight in the supplied port on the front.

Hold on I gotta power on my computer so uh I need you to leave the room for a minute.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
get on my loving level

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

"Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you power off that hog, Travis," Punchy said. I nearly fell off my chair, aghast. "You got a pussy in that thing?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I mean that's what it's for, right?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I had a case with a handle in the top once. carried it to the community college a couple of times for my game dev class (lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
actually I made a custom carrying... thing... for it that wrapped around so I could take apart my LCD monitor and carry it too. and the keyboard/mouse on the other side

• Locked thread