Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001

The Skeep posted:

I'll never forget you, you beautiful bastard.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that, and the alarm clock, would torment me from the pages of nick mag. now, even with my dece four and a half figgies, i still cannot have them

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

maniacdevnull posted:

I just want a featureless rectangle that's slightly smaller than my current rectangle

literally what the S340 is

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

that has a window, it is still shameful

pram
Jun 10, 2001
my favorite part about that TASTEFUL, MINIMALIST case is the entire bottom portion is reserved for some retarded water cooler lol

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

no, it's a power supply and cable shroud so it looks cleaner

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.nzxt.com/products/manta-matte-white-black

this looks like a neo-gateway 2000 from 1998

pram
Jun 10, 2001

:pwn:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

looks like a south park canadian robot

BEEP BLOOP EH BUDDY

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Blackula69 posted:

literally what the S340 is

ugh, full ATX? what is this, a file server?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i added a 4th harddrive to my case the other day and its jamp packed (in some places) and wonder why cases still have like 5 bays for massive 5 and 1/4" drives??

need a new case. this thread is inspirational

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

My current case is so tall it doesn't fit under any tables unless you're almost at standing level

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm the coke zero bottle.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

error1 posted:

My current case is so tall it doesn't fit under any tables unless you're almost at standing level

ur a filthy pig, bruv

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

someone posted a submerged computer on reddit the other day

it was like a raspberry pie in a fish tank and plugged in with VGA

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Smythe posted:

ur a filthy pig, bruv

hey now, this is a safe space.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

6,000 up votes

front page

from /r/pcmasterrace

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

PleasureKevin posted:

6,000 up votes

front page

from /r/pcmasterrace

i wonder what kind of food he gives it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

it's truly a sign of cowardice that while laptops and cellphones have gotten smaller and smaller, PC cases have not. they are basically the same size and form factor as they were in the 80's.

reminder that Moore's law INCLUDES SIZE. things are supposed to get smaller, and yet

here is a computer from the 80's

and here is one from the 10's

30+ years and computers in many cases have gotten BIGGER. what's most shocking is these computers are filled with... air. despite the technology itself shrinking we're insisting on keeping computers huge because i guess it's what we're accustomed too.

all of this can literally fit in your pocket now, but because change scares us so much we ship enormous cardboard boxes around the world so we can make a new computer that looks enough like our last computer.

i can only assume there is also some "penis extension" effect to building a computer that is mostly empty space illuminated by LED lights. pathetic.

my hunch is hormones put in juice boxes are reducing our testosterone levels to the point where we need ego inflation from computer girth.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

low pleasure levels, kevin.

things take power. things that take power give off heat. things cannot get too hot or they go bad so we need to keep things cool. what keep things cool?? air is nice and does not conduct so lets use air. we need air for our computers to breath, kevin. Also people are more willing to pay more for big things, maybe.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

first computer, except mine came preinstalled with windows ME :ducksiren:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I had this one in the early 2000's except it was grey

had this one with my last computer

Turdsdown Tom posted:

NZXT makes decent cases. the Source 210 was not a good case.

aaand this one for my current computer only its white

:doh:

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Current case I using. I keep changing my mind if I like the orange or not. Put a piece of electrical tape on it to hide the dumb bright blue HDD lights.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

BONGHITZ posted:

low pleasure levels, kevin.

things take power. things that take power give off heat. things cannot get too hot or they go bad so we need to keep things cool. what keep things cool?? air is nice and does not conduct so lets use air. we need air for our computers to breath, kevin. Also people are more willing to pay more for big things, maybe.

can we just stop and marvel at your re-writing of the laws of physics and reality?

yepp, as moore said "every year computers will get smaller, however this will be off set by the need for empty space surrounding the components."

lol this makes no loving sense i mean people are making small form factor computers right now, they're just a small minority.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

things that take power are going to give off heat kevin, i dont know how we are going to get past this

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

cmykjester posted:

Current case I using. I keep changing my mind if I like the orange or not. Put a piece of electrical tape on it to hide the dumb bright blue HDD lights.

Just unplug the led from the mobo?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

cmykjester posted:

i like it but then again i like florescent orange

also i own three cases posted in this thread so :shrug:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

BONGHITZ posted:

things that take power are going to give off heat kevin, i dont know how we are going to get past this

My telephone has a 1080p screen and runs gmail, just like my pc! It's bullshit and a conspiracy that pcs are big.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

maniacdevnull posted:

Just unplug the led from the mobo?

I've thought about that but this is lazier.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

i'm kind of looking forward to the day my current computer dies so i can get something like this

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

BONGHITZ posted:

explain how this defies that laws of physics

it doesn't cause you pulled this reason out of your rear end now admit it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

i'm the mobile-class CPU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Desktop computers haven't gotten smaller because there isn't a driving need to make them smaller. We have rooms on or under our desks for them, and a bigger case means its easier to work in when we're putting one together. Laptops and phones have gotten smaller because we carry them around so there is an incentive for them to be small. Unless you're a LAN party weirdo you're almost never moving your desktop, and if you ARE a LAN party weirdo, you might consider those smaller desktop form factors.

But sure lets attribute it to penis envy or some vague idea that consumers think a bigger computer is more powerful

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

i'm the mobile-class CPU

how do you get a "mobile-class CPU" onto a mini-ITX board? legit want to know this.

ADINSX posted:

Desktop computers haven't gotten smaller because there isn't a driving need to make them smaller. We have rooms on or under our desks for them, and a bigger case means its easier to work in when we're putting one together. Laptops and phones have gotten smaller because we carry them around so there is an incentive for them to be small. Unless you're a LAN party weirdo you're almost never moving your desktop, and if you ARE a LAN party weirdo, you might consider those smaller desktop form factors.

But sure lets attribute it to penis envy or some vague idea that consumers think a bigger computer is more powerful

no it's because of hormones in juice boxes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PleasureKevin posted:

this thing sounds like a loving vacuum cleaner guaranteed but youd probably never notice because your anime ost's are pumping thru your 3d tv at 90000 decibels, "Pleasure" Kevin.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

this thing sounds like a loving vacuum cleaner guaranteed but youd probably never notice because your anime ost's are pumping thru your 3d tv at 90000 decibels, "Pleasure" Kevin.

it doesn't have an optical drive or a case fan so i don't know what would make that noise

i have a case around this size and it's quiet as a mouse at full load.

but go ahead, reach deeper inside your arse to find a reason that your penis extension isn't actually a penis extension

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I literally don't own a computer, Pleasure "kevin". so keep talking about my dick you fuckin weirdo

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

is it a coincidence that hardcore PC users refer to themselves as the "master race", a phrase used by adolf hitler, who famously had a micro-penis? no, not really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
my mac mini is extremely small and quiet, seems like only pcailures have this size issue.

• Locked thread