Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Remember the Hulk Hogan sex tape, brother dude jack? Well, after all this time, it's finally hit the courts, where Hogan is seeking $100 million in damages.

We're into the second day of the trial, and among the things to happen today are:

Gawker submitted a Dixie Carter e-mail as evidence, and Hogan brutally buried her as just some publicist who knows jack about much.

Hogan claimed he wasn't sure if Andre the Giant was going to let him win at Wrestlemania 3.

Hogan admitted that Terry Bollea's penis is not ten inches long.

All the while Hogan has been claiming that pretty much everything he's done that makes him look bad is him playing the Hulk Hogan character, but this is Terry Bollea. He has also called the Gawker Attorney brother.

If you want to follow live, you have many options:

David Bixenspan live-blogging it: http://www.sescoops.com/live-blog-hulk-hogan-continues-testifying-in-trial-of-his-lawsuit-against-gawker/

The Wild About Trial livestream: http://livestream.com/accounts/4903803/events/4901523

And probably twitter, like the Tampa Bay Times' Anna Phillips: https://twitter.com/annamphillips

If audio cuts out on the livestream, it is probably because the judge has called the lawyers up to the stand, and that audio is not recorded.

The trial will resume at 1:30 PM EST (in about an hour as of this post).

Update as of May 2, 2016: Hulk Hogan was awarded a fuckton of money, Gawker appealed, and that isn't even over yet but Hogan has filed another lawsuit, this one about the racist tirade. poo poo is hilarious.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

i also understand the judge has been coming across v poorly both from her inexplicable rulings to seal the fbi documents and to quash bubba's subpoena and one of those has already been overturned but basically what a trial i will miss it

Hey now, it might not be over yet.

Maybe the jury will rule in favor of The Hulkster and we'll get the rematch at Summerfest.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oatgan you're going to post all the documents somewhere for us to see, right?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

This has been even better than I could have hoped.

The only way it'll be better is if Hogan wins from this jury and this poo poo keeps marching on into a glorious appeal.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nothing hurts.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Quick how do I change thread titles.

WHATCHA GONNA DO, GAWKER, WHEN THE 11-INCH PYTHON RUNS WILD ON YOU?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Personally I'm happy because A) this will go to appeal since Hogan won, which means this isn't over and we will get more incredible testimony, and B) "Terry Bollea's penis and Hulk Hogan team up to crush Gawker Media" is both entirely accurate of the case at this point and one of the funniest sentences ever written.

If I had the power I would make this case go on into eternity, and long after humanity has died and aliens find our remains, all that is left is Hulk Hogan still testifying about how Terry Bollea and Hulk Hogan have different sized penises.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mob I love you but promoting suicide is a bad thing, and this thread is for good things, like Hulk Hogan Terry Bollea's penis.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Can they both be both legally wrong and, I dunno, all the money goes to me? I'm a nice guy, I'll spend at least 10% of it on a vanity wrestling promotion, and I think that benefits everyone following the trial.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Writer Cath posted:

Is there a way for them all to lose?

"Okay, Gawker, you lose the money. Hogan, you get the money, but you have to donate every last penny of it to a charitable organization of my choosing within the next... oh let's say, fifteen seconds."

Hogan gets the money, uses it to start a wrestling promotion.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

regardless of how this shakes out I hope Denton and Theil continue this slap fight publicly now that Theils master plan is public

Denton vs. Thiel at Wrestlemania Bound For Glory

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

It's good to see noted respected journalist Dave Meltzer agrees that nobody should be allowed to be happy about a good thing in their life because someone with fame and money had a bad thing happen to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

Ok could someone please spell it out for my dumbfuck idiot brain? What exactly is the precedent being set by this case?

Was there some sort thing built into the case where before it, rich people could not pay for other peoples' lawsuits, but if Hogan won, that became the law of the land? That is what people seem to be eluding to in the thread but it's so grounded in pigeon-legalese and rage against the machine lyrics that I can't make it out, probably because I am a dumbfuck, as previously noted.

There isn't any legal precedent set here, some people are just mad that the right to help others with their legal representation (which is a good thing) can also be used by people they don't like for possibly reasons they don't like.

• Locked thread