Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Marakesh is my least liked map but the sniper challenge for it was a lot of fun to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you bought this for PS4 definitely play the Sarajevo six missions in order of the maps or at least play the Japan one last. There's a really cool gimmick to the last one that would be ruined if you played that one first

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, they're really cool side story missions that also kinda serve as elusive target practice. For whatever reason they're PS4 exclusive

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should be able to search by username or the name of the contract

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It's called See You Next Fall ID 1-03-7696971. It's pretty easy but now I that I know how making these works I may try some cooler ones

They're fun to make if you can think of an odd way to kill someone. Something else that is important to know is that contracts you make in the contract maker do count towards certain achievements. So if you don't want to play the Sapenzia mission a ton of times to get the sniper challenge completed you can create a contract with 5 targets or something to easily complete a challenge. Heads up on the kill 10 targets challenge it has to be 10 different npcs.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I started playing a cool one where a guy wrote some little RP paragraph about how all the other restaurant owners in Sapienza were forcing out the baker so you have to kill all 5 restaurant owners in accidents. Seems like a really fun system to dig into once I finish getting max mastery on all the maps

I made one where you delivered an explosive in the kitchen guys outfit to the lazy dude's door. I meant to expand the pizza delivery man role play hits

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There are a few starting points where you're automatically blended it and if you leave you'll be spotted instantly lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

hokkaido looks like it's gonna be loving amazing. i've been mostly powering through the story just replaying stuff once or twice tops but man this game is a blast

Hokkaido does some cool things to ramp up the challenge

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Control Volume posted:

Im not sure why I thought dropping a giant lighting rig in the middle of a crowd would be useful for a silent assassin run

I did the same thing like 4 times to see if my timing was off and it would just kill him. It never does.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

i think you have to take out the designer guy (and possibly the bodyguard) so the target takes the stage alone. you can get him to leave the backstage area by dropping a coin in the diorama behind him.

Debris still hits the people standing to the side of the stage no matter what

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been doing all the maps with every hitman sense and aide turned off and it's really good. I'm also trying to do hits that I haven't done before. I had a really good one with the lady scientist in Italy where I planted and explosive phone in her office and her guard discovered it and brought it to her like "I think your phone was ringing" and it blew up right after lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's awesome. The best was once when I used it to take out an elusive target in Bangkok, when it blew up it tossed his body over the railing into the river and it gave me silent assassin lmao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

lmao

killing a target with an explosive and hiding the body and not getting spotted is a challenge in bangkok too

It was blind luck but sometimes when the rag dolls freak out it can work out. Like having a subdued guy flip out over the ledge of a mountain and not die because the game didn't detect me 'dumping' him

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

wtf i tried to use it on morgan and he made his bodyguard get it for him

It's tricky, I've definitely seen it work both ways without really knowing why Morgan did or did not pick up the phone.

I think if you can distract the body guard with a coin and time the ringing just right Morgan will grab it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They must have changed that, he used to always eat one specific dish like 20 seconds into the map and you could poison it without a disguise

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

But you can't let bodies be found right? Even in accident kills?

If the kill is an accident it still counts toward silent assassin even if the body is found. I think you get less points overall though

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ciaphas posted:

I have Opportunities on minimal but everything else left on/at default, should I really be turning anything else off

This my first hitman game and I'm still loving around in Paris

Nah I'm just doing that for extra fun because I've gotten the mastery on nearly every map. I've had it on the default amount of stuff for the entire time and will turn them back on for the next elusive target.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

lmao

killing a target with an explosive and hiding the body and not getting spotted is a challenge in bangkok too

https://youtu.be/TgVTAa2RGsQ

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's cool how he does it yeah, the double; two quick ones.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I honestly reload a lot after a first clear yeah. Especially if I'm trying to trigger a very particular kill and don't wanna mess it up

I think it's okay to do this because I've had a trigger that I needed to happen mess up before and either cause the target to be bugged or do something he/she shouldn't do. But I mean the auto saves can be generous

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

ive being trying to do hokkaido as the ninja w/ katana + throwing stars and nothing else but its really hard. really gives me metal gear feels due to the locale and the fact that you cant let anybody see you at all

I did this and then once I completed it I used the exact same route to do a SOSA run, also the ninja assassin disguise has a really specific ledge that you can climb only when you're wearing it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

thats fuckin sick. is it something i can figure out on my own? if its really esoteric (proper word to use here? maybe) then give me a hint

It probably highlights in hit man vision. Try using it when your first start on the cliff side and look at the hospital

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

im glad theres a lot of active discussion about this game because its probably my GOTY and didnt have anyone to talk about it with before

I've had it since the first level released lol, there's a really big games thread but pimp zone waited until the whole game came out. This is probably one of my favorite games of the year too.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

ill pay full price for season 2

same I hope it comes out next year sometime. When they were releasing the episodes for this season they mentioned that each level had been done months before it was actually released. Which makes me not so optimistic about seeing new stuff in 2017.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Im gonna SASO this if its the death of me. If Colorado and Hokkaido are harder I may be in trouble, mentally.

:wooper:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I have no loving idea how you would SASO Colorado lol

I found it to be a little easier than Bangkok but looking back on my memory of it I dedicated like hours and there were a couple of kills that were super lucky or took really exact timing. But Colorado is probably my #2 favorite level

It's a map where once you really know the level you can just chain the kills in almost a specific path. I remember playing it non stop the day it released until I came up with a SOSA path and did it.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 28, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ciaphas posted:

How much do y'all play a single area before trying another

I haven't even looked at contracts or elusive targets or whatever and I'm still in Paris just doing challenges and the like

ps4 doesnt count hours anywhere I can see but it's probably like 10 +

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I get to mastery level 20 before moving on, at least. The weapons and items you unlock tend to make future maps easier, and I've found that saving most of the Sniper Assassin and Silent Assassin Suit Only challenges for much much later has worked out well. I only recently tried Escalations after having done 75% or more of the challenges on each map, and it's a blast. I already know each map really well so seeing the curveballs thrown at you makes you rethink everything. I still haven't tried Contracts mode.

yeah I'd say do this, some of the unlocks in later maps really help complete some feats on other maps or even allow for a change up in how you approach different missions.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's some extremely good utility items you can unlock for level mastery

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ciaphas posted:

Does completing Opportunities award mastery or is that just for challenges, discoveries and assassinations (isn't there another category I'm forgetting)

I feel vaguely guilty relying on Minimal setting for Opportunities but I know if I turned it off I would miss every single one--haven't even found the start for like half of them in Paris

Every single Opportunity afaik leads to a condition where a mastery challenge is fulfilled. Some might even have xp for things you do within an opportunity. But you don't have to have one tracked to get complete the associated feat.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

i just unlocked the silenced pistol that doesnt get found in pat downs. i havent used it yet but the concept is awesome

I exclusively use this now lol

nice

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welcome to Colorado 47

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[Looking at a wall of urinals] four targets?!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's kinda evident that mgsv dropped around the time they were making that map. Colorado seems to be the most polarizing on whether people like it or not.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The target is the guy who runs our company. And his smoking hot Japanese attorney who he's leaking our data to. Also his organs are backwards, and the hospital he's undergoing surgery at is run by an AI. All equipment is OSP. Good luck

Yes it's really cool

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After you play it a bunch look up the insane waster egg assassination it took people a month to figure out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

wot are you speaking on?

I meant Easter egg lol https://youtu.be/hv8whFS8Pxs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

My favorite thing about Hokkaido is that after a whole game of all these crazy complex assassinations you can kill the main villain of the season by just finding his donor heart and hook shotting it into the trash can.

You absolutely should try shooting it with the guards still alive in the room

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I've been sitting in the roof for over 20 minutes now so there must be some trigger to getting her to meet with the director on the bridge. When I was here before it just seemed to happen while I was walking around

The way I made sure it happened isn't made really obvious unless you play the map a bunch. I'm kinda of the mind about not doing the games thing and spoiling everything you need to do.

I actually didn't know they'd do their meeting without doing this, I don't remember seeing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Wait is Colorado mastery the only way to get one? That's kinda rear end.

Yep

• Locked thread