Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

When I tried that nothing happened for upwards of 20 minutes...

To trigger it I picked up the cigarettes from the cowboys room and planted them in the dining area the lady goes to. That's helps for a different assassination opportunity as well but it always seemed to get the meeting to start. However, you might want to time her position to give yourself enough time to get to a perch to shoot her from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

Weird, I thought that meeting just happened, but I guess there are some conditions to activate it, because the other day when i was trying to get the directors outfit he just kept walking his loop and going out to the courtyard and waiting for nothing, but the first time I did that level they were just having the meeting when I walked out there without doing anything to start it.

Maybe there's like a random condition that'll trigger it when the map loads? I can't think of any other map that does that though

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There might be a few skewed or unreachable times on Bangkok and before. The unsilenced sniper rifle used to be able to pierce through like any level geometry so people were pulling off insane times.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus people have speed runs of every mission in under half an hour

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stealthgamerbr is one of the most powerful gamers alive

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The cameras in Bangkok made me insane.

Oh gently caress the et is gonna be there

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

i want the ninja outfit on every level

Me too, but we do get the santa outfit on every level

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

This was my SASO run so I should have just done it as a ninja

The ninja counts as a disguise

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think there might be other reasons for the skewed or unreachable times on these leaderboards. I don't like to call cheating but look at the #1 colorado time lol

This might actually be a guy doing sniper shots on the water tower.

E: or something, he'd still have to do the face scan, which would take almost exactly that time lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just watch a video on it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait where is the camera room on Bangkok now

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trying to figure out the sniper assassination for Bangkok is gonna make me crazy. The brick is cake but getting an angle on Cross is proving insane

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

There's a way to kinda cheese it but you'll have to wipe tapes

I just cleared out the lobby suite floor in the most insane domino effect I've seen in this game yet

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god i did it without having to destroy tapes. It's really badass to have the entire security team locking down the hotel and just wandering out the front door in the middle of it all

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I'm still catching up on giant bomb videos of this and it took until Colorado for them to realize the minimap says when you're trespassing

one time when when I was a kid I yelled at goku for not going super saiyjen faster. I relived that same frustration watching those videos.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Someone mentioned the white puffy jacket, can you unlock that?

might be a reward for Silent Assassin on an et.

oddium posted:

don't ever yell at goku 😤

I'm stronger than him

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't get the SA for this ET despite having an accident kill and never spotted, sucks this one was kind of a chore!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I watched the guy for 35 minutes trying to figure out a clever way to kill him and eventually gave up, put a propane canister next to his seat and sniped it from distance and walked away no one the wiser. I didn't know propane explosions count as accident kills lol

I cleared out the kitchen, set up a breaching charge on a fire extinguisher and waited for him to inspect the kitchen then i blew him up

One time I took out his security and the target just straight up disappeared

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Also I seriously cannot get Viktor to take the stage by himself. 3 times I've gotten sato out of the picture and taken the runway. Then the fashion show ends and viktor paths to the runway ready to take the stage. But every time a different model NPC's scripting has broken and they just stand stock still on stage and Viktor does his Do you mind? thing and walks casually off stage and returns to his route and everybody just keeps clapping nonstop stuck in the middle of the script. Very loving annoying

Yeah he'll do that. For whatever reason it hasn't happened to me when I'm not on the first floor. So give that a shot

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad I got the 5 kill reward on the last ET or the one before or I'd be really friggin ticked off right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLvAsg15TYI the most important part of this video occurs in the first 30 seconds.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 31, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I slowly knocked out everyone in the kitchen to get him alone and at that point he stopped going to the kitchen and just sat in the upstairs bar with 2,970 guards and recording crew guys so I quit in anger

If you ever need to clear a space in the future or get a stuck guy moving find a fire alarm

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Well Ive got 18 mastery on colorado now and kinda know the map better and maybe I could try a SASO but it just seems impossible to me. I have no idea where I would even begin.

For me this was all about finding a route to do one assassination and then the other. As long as you end up in the house with the explosives guy and the lady dead you're almost home free. There are all kinds of accident kills you shoot something to initiate. The real challenge is figuring out the route you can actually sneak through.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Oh what was the ninja specific hanging area? I don't think I ever found it.

It's the left most pylon on the north face of the building. On the path where two guards patrol near the ninja start. Right next to a sliding door

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope they seriously ramp up the ET after the physical release.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

[Standing in front of an empty car with a dashboard cam]
Hold X to Blend In
Agent 47: I'm 22 years old and still a virgin, never even kissed a girl. And through college, 2 1/2 years, more than that actually, I'm still a virgin. It has been very torturous.

Greetings Agent 47

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sedative is there to cover some insanely specific scenario you'll probably never encounter. But the lethal and throw up syringe can be very useful for doing suit only runs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao. IO have always been really loving weird about any minority you can think of in that hosed-up European racism way, like the Chinese girl in the first two games who keeps accidentally becoming a geisha sex slave and getting rescued by 47

poor Larry

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of, I think there's one in Paris right now or later today. Also a new bonus mission for sapienza on the 31st

frank.club fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 27, 2017

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

it looks like this one will use all those office interiors and weird hippy enclave you can find in sapienza that never really seemed to do anything?

Maybe, there was an elusive target that used the offices in the central tower that I wasn't even aware of

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

No outfits, there's one new unlock per level for reaching Professional 10.

Paris: remote explosive bust that looks like Napoleon called a Napoleon Blownaparte (lmfao)
Sapienza: antique emetic syringe
Marrakesh: crystal ball (Melee throwable that breaks on use)
Bangkok: automatic silenced pistol ( 🤔 )
Colorado: a new sniper rifle
Hokkaido: The base ball bat from the doctors office

Badass

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Hmmm it seems like the way they made Paris harder was just to get rid of all the rat poison which means I just have to restart and bring emetic poison with me. Kinda dumb.

There's still some in the basement

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

They also got rid of the fireworks completely which is lame!

It's on one of the guys talking about the fire works at the sound board. You have to subdue him

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They also added a ton of useful UI clarifications. Like "Unconscious witness" and stuff like telling you specifically illegal items
For your outfit

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's win

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the gently caress

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

im watching the 1956 version of Man Who Knew Too Much and the first 30 minutes is about the assassination of a french men in the marrakesh marketplace and i have the urge to reinstall this game and make a Man Who Knew Too Much Player Contract. i need news about season 2!!! and sorry for bumping this without more news...

right before ioi saved themselves from being destroyed by Square Enix they said that they had most of the maps for season 2 done already

• Locked thread