Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I had a lot more fun with the little demo Sniper score challenge game for Absolution than I did with Absolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I haven't got to play it yet, and might not even have time tonight.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/KEQZvwX.gifv

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The first thing I did after the training mission was turn the HUD elements and hint stuff off

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Am I Understanding correctly that there are only 6 levels in the game and you can only play one of them now? Is that accurate? I swear to god a civil war is brewing in this country.

Two training levels and one actual big one... Pretty dire at the moment, even though there's a lot of ways to kill the targets (I think there's about 15 'special' ways to kill each one aside from just straight up shooting or garroting them without any special tricks) The custom mission maker stuff is kind of cool but there's only a handful of really interesting targets to designate because the level is really designed around the two base targets.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

To address your other point, yes, the next American civil war is almost certainly going to begin later this year, and unfortunately there's a lot of propaganda being released which tacitly encourages people to take up arms against their countrymen (Tom Clancy's Division and Captain America Civil War just to name a couple... Unfortunately the people posting in their respective threads are convinced there's no agenda, so it would be a good idea for people to go into those threads to let them know they're wrong)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

The war began in A.D. 2069 with the secession of the Nicest Guys You'll Ever Meet from the Twisted loving Psychopaths.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

they sent out a survey if you bought this game asking if they should put in features like human shielding people and the sniper rifle coming in a briefcase so i hope theyll keep trying to add and fix stuff with the new levels

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I think this is the first of seven

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I don't mind it in this case but I think it would get super AIDS really fast if it became standard practice (outside of point and click games I guess)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Extremely smart gamer: please tell me what the best console to play this 2004 game on is

If he's more comfortable playing via console, so be it I say... Let there be game!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Steam Reviewer Community

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lmao again

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Super Rad posted:

RIP the DOTA thread. IDK why you'd pick that out against BBG's constant bragging about his pauper income, hovel ho, and two car ownership - if anything it was the sadbrain posts like the one you quoted that were all the rage there.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Haha, yeah. One of them also sounds a little like Patton Oswalt.

I doubt it's him... This seems like a game that would hit a little too close to home.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Imagine if they wrapped up the main game after season 3/4 or so and did an entire extra season of SE crossover levels
Croft Manor
Midgar
Sarif Industries
Mile High Club (from Just Cause 2)
Traverse Town
Nosgoth

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

a russian level of some kind

I'd like a level in a communal apartment, like that Pripyat mission in CoD4 except nonlinear+civilians all over

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Mexico City during Dia de los Muertos, like that one good part of Spectre

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah it would own, you could ride a little electric scooter well dressed as some goony coder.

Achievement unlocked - kill your target by hitting them with a Segway

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

[Standing in front of an empty car with a dashboard cam]
Hold X to Blend In
Agent 47: I'm 22 years old and still a virgin, never even kissed a girl. And through college, 2 1/2 years, more than that actually, I'm still a virgin. It has been very torturous.

Lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

that... might bring back some bad memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy03bCtqY8A

you're forced into this fight btw

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

RIP.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

i just cancelled my ffxiv scrip and will never buy another square enix game again and i hope this company fails within a couple years. Finalize that fantasy already, bitch

I was wondering whether or not to get an FFXIV subscription, glad SE decided to take charge and make the decision for me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/marvel-entertainment-square-enix-announce-avengers-project

SE knows their priorities

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh my god they're actually making a sequel to the 2014 Thief reboot... Square Enix needs to be swallowed by the earth.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Fungah! posted:

dmn, this is hosed. th IO games are the best thng SE's put out in years

The games they did with SE before this (Kane & Lynch 2, Absolution) sucked. They finally got their heads back on straight and now this happens...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I don't understand how all the always-online stuff everyone was complaining about works. Will we still be able to play the regular missions when the plug gets pulled or is the whole game going under?

Apparently they're looking to sell IO, which may or may not include its IPs. I won't get too optimistic but there's a slight glimmer of hope.

Lots of people complained when the plug got pulled on MAG, and that was back when it was struggling to keep enough players online at once to start a 256-player match. I have a feeling that suddenly rendering a game that came out less than two years ago, which has received immense praise and is owned by millions of people across 3 systems, completely unplayable forever due to corporate shenanigans would be an enormous controversy and deal a huge blow to the credibility that SE has been trying to build (WAY worse than the blowback for Thief '14 and botching DE:MD)

Making a beloved and very recently finished full-price singleplayer game unplayable forever would probably be one of the most unwise decisions in gaming history, and I don't doubt Square Enix will do just that. Sucks

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Season 2: Peace

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Awesome

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Hm meh. Ill wait until the whole thing comes out. Its EXTREMELY important us gamers show how we feel about episodic content.

HolePisser1982 posted:

*pauses youtube video of fat british guy yelling* Man, if you support the knicker grubbing cuntshites at IO, you're a sodding twit.

Lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's fine, I don't want this getting auto archived

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

New mission ideas:

-Massive shopping mall, but most of it is boarded up and empty and the whole place is basically decaying.
-US Civil War reenactment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/gamespot/status/928215583480565762

• Locked thread