Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm fat, hope I don't get picked last for civil war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

*hangs out in a Best Buy 24/7*
I impulse-bought 50 digital cameras that were on sale, and the manager gave me this cool trading card that he made with marker on the back on a receipt.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

qnqnx posted:

Probate this guy again for this post when he's out of the current one, thanks in advance.
*nods*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I just bought the season on sale for PS4, I'm excited.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I killed both Paris targets by throwing scissors at their necks. Not a spoiler, because "I used a weapon to kill" isn't a spoiler. Then I ran away and hit a bunch of guards in the head with a hammer, so that nobody knew what the assassin looked like.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm afraid you can't kill her with my penis.
Correct. She would have to touch it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just beat Sapienza for the first time. My method:

The virus was first. I'd found out about the biolab laptop dongle on a trip down there in another run, but was way too late to find the scientist in the church. So for my winning run, I went to the church first, punched her out in the confessional because I didn't want to wait for her to go be alone with the body in the morgue, ran out of the church, knocked out the morgue keeper, then stole the lab outfit from the corpse. A ton of scientists find you suspicious in a lab coat, but if you jog you can run past them before they figure you out. I subdued the scientist by the laptop and activated it, and then it was a clear run out the cave.

That led me to the section with the cannons. While trying to find my way back, I realized one cannon aimed at the golf course. Used that to kill the male target whose name I'm forgetting. The creepy dude.

I found di Silva, and eavesdropped on her phone conversation. While considering my next move, I found the faucet and loose wire, and killed her with that while hiding up on the roof.

I tried to go find the secret room with the plague outfit and the security box to erase the camera footage, but couldn't remember where it was even though I'd found it on an unsuccessful run. So I just ended up disguising myself as housekeeping and walking out the front door, then took the car to end the mission.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've managed part of Marrakesh so far, taken out the general. Threw a can of cola at a guard, then scissors at the general. Still my favorite way to assassinate targets. It's fun to have a signature style. I did it while he was in the middle of mocking the prisoner, too, which made it very satisfying. In Paris, I flung scissors at the designer while he was on the phone in front of his bodyguard. But I messed up the embassy pretty quick. I like to run entire levels in one go, rather than reload saves, and Marrakesh is going to take a while because it's so long. So far, I've only reloaded once, because of a bug/unintended issue: When the printers go to turn on the press after the general's lecture, it counts as investigating the turned-off press. I was standing in line with them watching the lecture, when one of them yelled "Hey, you did this!" and then every single person in the room freaked out. So I reloaded, because lmao.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Everything about this game is amazing. Areas feel very lived-in, and it's so much better at sandbox gameplay than actual open world games. Turns out a small area packed with stuff is more interesting than a giant-rear end Bethesda hellhole, who knew. This is a contender for GOTY for me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

I wish the voiceacting was better. It's literally just two people who do all of the voices lmao
Haha, yeah. One of them also sounds a little like Patton Oswalt.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I like that they didn't try to do accents in Morocco. Everyone just sounds extremely American while talking about "western capitalism" or their famous Moroccan spice blend. It's an entire city of tourists, I enjoy it a lot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So what gameplay options do people have on and off? I have Opportunities, Instinct, and the minimap off, and everything else as normal.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I like the minimap tbh. I have that and the dots above people's heads because sometimes the guys who can spot you are really fuckin arbitrary
I can't even imagine turning the dots off. How would you tell who's going to find you suspicious? It's such a core gameplay mechanic that it seems silly to turn off.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

The one thing Id say against this game is that who is suspicious when youre wearing their outfit is mildly arbitrary, and its annoying because on some maps they have a really good reason/character design explaining it (like Marrakesh where the officers all know youre not a real soldier and theyre wearing red caps) but in a lot of levels its just like one dude chilling by a car knows youre a faker. If there was more of a 1:1 on that mechanic Id be ok with turning the dots off. WOuld also make the game world feel even cooler to live in
I'm fine with just handwaving it as "some of the people know their coworkers better than others" because at least it's consistent in that you'll largely be recognized by people in the same outfits or direct superiors in like security. So personal bodyguards might be more suspicious of you if you're in a security outfit, but the gardeners won't care. And they might let a gardener get closer to the target, but of course you'll be trespassing in the places you want to go. So there's a logic to it that's fun, even if it's transparently game logic. I like that this game is willing to sacrifice realism for playability.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I also think its really cool that servant class outfits are more invisible to your rich rear end in a top hat targets and the people they surround themselves with.
It's pretty great. I like that in the labs in Sapienza, if you're a scientist other scientists will be suspicious, and if you're security other security will, but never cross-job. None of them know each other. It's neat.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

5:45 is gold

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

https://zippy.gfycat.com/RepentantAptHare.webm

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Marrakesh down. I enjoy all the unexpected ways parts of the map connect, but I wish there were as many ways into the embassy as the school. Maybe there are more I didn't find.

The general: I found the intercom, activated it, then shot him from the window when he went to berate the soldiers.

The Swede(?): Masseuse disguise. Embassy's a cool area to wander around in but I wish there was more there. Still, office spaces are neat in games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also my GOTY is Thumper.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Got pretty far into Bangkok but didn't quite beat it. I killed Morgan by shooting him in broad daylight and then hid in a bathroom until I managed to lure in a waiter and take his clothes. I eventually stumbled on sabotaging the microphone in the recording booth but then wandered around for like an hour because I couldn't find Cross anywhere. Literally never came across him at all, and eventually I got shot just trying to find him. I might turn Instinct back on for this level.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Beat Bangkok. After spending like two hours there just wandering around the other night, it took around 20 minutes to finish. I just shot them both in the head.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

For Elverdam, Sapienza represents the pinnacle of what he calls Swiss Cheese design. “We used this feeling that we built a volume filled with connections, and these connections mean that you will never get lost.” The idea is you should be able to go in any direction—through a different hole in the cheese—and, when you come out at the other end, find a new way to progress. “You don’t have to backtrack necessarily, if you don’t want to.”

This is very cool.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They talk in this about not wanting to do really long loops for characters, so you don't have to wait a long time, but in Bangkok I got a little frustrated that things won't progress without you. Cross never leaves his studio on his own, the cleaning in Morgan's suite doesn't end by itself, and the sun never sets. But I really wanted to be able to wait a couple hours for evening to be able to isolate people in their rooms, etc. Especially since the level takes place at sunset, which implies nighttime soon.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I want to go back to the suburbs
A suburban level would be great, being able to sneak around and learn the neighborhood's secrets and weird personal dramas, then manipulate them to get what you need.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

One of the things that makes the game cool is wandering around ordinary spaces, like in people's apartments and poo poo, and learning about their lives. Tons of awesome small details.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah I was thinking of an even better version of that one

also it's kinda weird in the article that they mention not being happy with the lab objective in Sapienza and realising non-assassination story objectives were a bad idea, then they did something much worse in Colorado
Since they developed Paris and Sapienza at the same time, I'm guessing the development schedule meant they didn't really get to learn from each episode until the others were pretty far into development.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't like the virus part of Sapienza because the lab is so crowded, you can only get in wearing one of two disguises, and basically everyone in there wearing the same disguise finds you suspicious.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Are they going to do season 2 the same way, with the episodes? Has any info been released? I don't actually know when this one wrapped up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

this season should have another bonus episode, i believe set in sapienza again, this month, and ends officially at the end of the month with the release of the physical version
Cool, sweet. It's amazing how much content this has, it's awesome they're adding more. Also the fact that there's a built-in system for making your own contracts and sharing them online, that's really cool. I hope they expand on that later, I would absolutely pay full price for a game that was just a level editor with this engine.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

itd be really good if user contracts could have conditions added to them like some of the escalations. just simple ones, so you could make like getting a sniper assassin ranking a requirement for beating your level
That would be cool. I just want to spend like 20 hours a level building super-detailed towns and buildings for people to explore, and get to experience other crazy people's levels. This game kicks so much rear end.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

- A convention center/stadium and part of the surrounding city
- A big tech company office complex like Google: on-site living spaces, break rooms, gyms, transportation within the complex, etc.
- An opera with lots of costumes, people rushing around back stage, etc., and some big dramatic ways to kill someone in public
- A movie-themed amusement park like Universal Studios
- A large campground recreation area: parked RVs and surrounding campers, a lake or river, etc., lots of tourists and different families
- A shopping mall with an upper office area and a lower level that consists of a Chuck-e-Cheese style arcade and mini-golf course - this and the amusement park might not work because I'm not sure they're allowed to have children in the game
- A new development under construction in an urban area
- A private space exploration company's base (like Space-X) on the day of a major shuttle launch
- A central Asian government palace and surrounding decaying post-Soviet shitburg
- Several D.C. museums like the Smithsonian, Air and Space, etc.
- West African beach resort
- Isolated ski resort in winter
- Caribbean tourist trap during a hurricane - indoors only, very dramatic weather conditions

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i almost suggest nasa so im on board with that one, google campus would be a really good one and could have funny targets
Yeah it would own, you could ride a little electric scooter well dressed as some goony coder.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

in the blood money opera stage a man gets pretend shot during the scene and you can replace the fake gun with a real gun whatever. the extremely win assassination is to time your sniper shot to the fake gunshot and no one notices
This kicks rear end, they should do another one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

47, welcome... to the Capcom Pro Tour.
The Hitman version of ComicCon would make for a fun assassination.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This wouldn't work, Kowloon was a hugely tight-knit community of people who all knew each other.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Oh, man. This would be great. I remember someone suggesting a frat party bonus mission in Colorado so that also has my vote.
A university campus would be a lot of fun in general.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They could do what some movies and TV shows do, and consult with agencies to avoid putting real-world security details into their games. Go with something more fictionalized, which is smart anyway because you can make up more interesting poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

who'se jivjov?
An insane Games idiot

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

An insane Games idiot
gently caress, I turned on my signature and forgot to answer your question. Jivjov is an insane Games idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

• Locked thread