Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

rediscover posted:

Glad you like it IT.. hell of a game. Sapienza is even better than Paris

Agreed - Sapienza is probably my favourite mission overall, in fact.
(Although Colorado is kinda fun, especially if you don't try to 'silent assassin' it and treat all the militants at the camp as hostiles and just kill/fight them instead of knocking them out or distracting them, if they're in your path. I apparently killed 130 people last time I did it, which netted me a nice zero-star score)

Also, what's this about a vampire magician outfit? This is the first I've heard of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

It's in the attic of Paris mansion

It seems to have the same access as suit 47 but you cant get into the auction with it. It gives unique dialogue with basically every NPC in the level making fun of you or being scared by the vampire

Oh cool, guess I'll be loading up Paris again, when I get home. That's a shame, though - it should totally allow you to get onto the catwalk and strut around doing vampire poses, similar to when you dress up as Kruger. :D Missed opportunity!

Also, if you get the sniper rifle at the end of the Hokkaido mastery track, (don't recall the name, but it's the same one that's in the previous Hitman games) do you get it disassembled in a briefcase that you can carry around and remain incognito with? (Like in Blood Money, where 47 would take a minute to unpack and assemble the rifle when you get it out of the case)
Or is it permanently assembled, like all the other rifles in the game?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

elf help book posted:

theres no briefcase rifle, people are assuming they are saving that for the end of season 2 or 3

drat, that's unfortunate. Makes sense though I guess, to spread the goodies out across the seasons, rather than cramming all the best ones into S1. (Speaking of which, have they indicated when S2 will come out? Start of next year I'm guessing, or?)
I'm not sure what they'll add as rewards aside from the briefcase sniper rifle, though. I really hope that they add in suppressed versions the UMP, FNC (I think? The game's AR basically) and the other weapons that you can obtain in levels, as they look sooo much better than the generic-brand blocky blue rifle, SMG and shotgun.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

if you shoot him in the booth you get a challenge win and 5000 points

So how do you actually get him to go into the recording booth? I've played that mission a few times now, but he's always just wandered around the penthouse area for me (aside from when I pretended to be a drummer, I guess)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

"Ohhhh ho ok pal did Greg put you up to this? Listen, I haven't been scared of vampires for like years now. Not funny" is my favorite response I've heard

That's pretty good! :D I didn't realize there was unique dialogue for wearing those 'gimmick' outfits (aside from a lot of standard "WTF" reactions). Does anyone know if you get similar comments when wearing the plague doctor outfit in Sapienza, out in the town? I've put it on, but never tried sneaking out of the mansion grounds and into the town, myself - so I've got no clue.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

elf help book posted:

are there any security camera machines in bangkok besides the one security room

Thanks for reminding me - since where IS the Bangkok security room? I recall reading somewhere that it's out the back/behind the hotel, but the only 'security room' I can find is a little hut that doesn't have a recording device I can destroy

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

elf help book posted:

on the first floor up the stairs in the building the recording studio is in

Oh wow, that's uh, a touch different to what I had thought! Well, thanks for that - I now know what my next stop is, once I get home and start up the game

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

oddium posted:

it's super easy and you can actually do both at once

So how do you actually do this, without the bidders and guards seeing? I've tried it, but it just doesn't quite work for me. In the end I had to make do with other methods, which I can post if people happen to want to know (phone-posting right now, so I won't bother, otherwise)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Loved that one - although instead of blowing everyone up, one time I just smooshed Jordan's face into the cake in front of everyone, just as they finished singing

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

The final elusive target is out now, in case anyone wants to get one last one in for Season 1. If you haven't been doing any you won't unlock anything, but if you've done a few this is your last chance to maybe unlock some of the bonus outfits. Can't wait for Season 2.

Speaking of which, do you know when that's coming out? And yeah, I liked killing "Mr Giggles". The extra step in the mission was an interesting addition/twist.

How did you do it? I climbed on top of the building next to where Mr Giggles' meeting/poisoning is (IIRC the agency pickup is up there), then pelted a brick at Mr Giggles after the ambassador left. I then hit the two bodyguards with bricks as well, when they went over to his body. (I left him unconscious like that in case I needed to reload :v:)
After that, I went into the café and put rat sack in his PA's drink, then just knocked her out after she went to the toilets to throw up. After that was done, I went back to Mr Giggles, broke his neck, then left.
I didn't get a perfect score due to being spotted, but eh, I don't care about that when it comes to the elusive targets. I mostly just want the bonus outfits, haha

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

THey confirmed theyre doing Season 2 so they can take as long as they want after how good season 1 was imo

Yeah, season one was amazing. I was highly dubious of the new Hitman initially, but after actually trying it out ages ago, I found that it's probably my favourite one. (Even without the dual pistols. Although to be honest, accurately dual-wielding handguns is pretty unrealistic, so I'm not fussed one way or another, in that regard)
I hope season two is just as good (and sells just as well) as the first one, so that they decide to continue on and do a third.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

47 is an amazing drummer, I'm sure he has the hand-eye coordination required for accurate dual-wielding.

Oh yeah, true - I forgot he drummed quite well in that Thailand mission

Goa Tse-tung posted:

a bus/train terminal

Ah, yeah this would be good. Or maybe an airport or something, if that hasn't been done yet. A nice bustling location like that would be good - especially with the timed opportunities that the arriving/departing trains/etc. would present.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

I can't wait

Me neither! I hope it's good; I was only just thinking about playing through it again last night, too. (I'd actually forgotten about this new content, so it's exciting news)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Oh drat, I'm definitely laying down $20 for this! Just what I need, to help get me back into Hitman - I only wish that I wouldn't have to wait until the 7th, before getting it!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, while I wait for the new content to come out, what gimmick/challenge runs do you guys normally do, to keep things interesting/challenging? Like, for example the other day I did a SASO run while carrying around/using a fire axe to kill the targets in Marrakesh, leaving the axe sticking out of the guy's head. (i.e. not touching the bodies at all; just leaving the target where he drops - so I need to pick a good moment to attack, then get out quickly just in case someone finds the body)
It was definitely a challenge as people don't take kindly to grumpy-looking men creeping through embassies with axes, although I'm wondering whether you all have different gimmick ideas I could try out, in the coming days

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

-US Civil War reenactment.

This, but also include a reference to the below famous scene from The Simpsons. So if you reveal the school group 'stealing' free education through some opportunity or another, a bunch of the actors will angrily go over to the principal (who is presumably a target) and create an opening for you. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reLek2Yjwp0

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

Crisis averted. The first mission for the new campaign is an art show led by a doomsday terrorist cult thats going to unleash a bioweapon on Bangkok. Im so happy agent 47 is back

Ah nice - how differently does it make you play, on that map? Hopefully it's quite well thought-out and forces you to think outside the tried-and-true "Club 27" box, like the elusive targets did.
Currently at work, but I'm going to buy and download it ASAP, when I get home.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

I've only played the one map but it wasn't just new targets in the old map, the routing, factions and spaces are all new and there's new assets and reimagining of old locations. It's cool

Ah, nice - so sort of like what they did for The Icon then, I guess? Sounds good!

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Just bought this and waiting for it to download. I will probably be rusty as hell since I haven't played since the last elusive target, but looking forward to booting up my GOTY 2016 again.

Have fun! It's such a good game; not many other games these days make you think outside the box nearly as well. Can't wait to get home, so I can download the update and dive back in, too

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Cool; although I hope that they're able to release seasons two (and hopefully three) as per their original plan; it'd be a bit of a shame to have HITMAN(TM) 2016 cut short to only one-and-a-bit seasons, otherwise.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Can't wait until the 17th - now that I've gone through those Patient Zero missions, I just want to dive in and murder all of the elusive targets I missed! (Sounds bad, I know)
Since I think I only did like, 6-7 of the originals...and to think I thought there were only around a dozen! It was certainly a pleasant surprise to find out that there are actually like, twenty six! (Those extra suits are mine. I much prefer the versions with gloves, over the defaults)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

A deathmatch mode where everyone plays a random waiter/maid/etc. and have to act normal and hunt the others down would also be fun.

Yeah, kinda like the gameplay in The Ship. That could be quite good, in Hitman's engine. (Although they might need to do something about the insta-kill/-KO with thrown weapons, since that would get old fast. Especially seeing as how if you time it right, you can throw objects through doors, around walls, etc.)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, it was introduced in AC: Brotherhood I think, maybe? It was based off the old game 'The Ship'. Never played the AC MP, but I've heard it's quite good. I can only imagine a Hitman version of it would be just as good, if not better, what with all the disguise-changing mechanics.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Anyone else having issues connecting to the Hitman servers at the moment? I've been unable to get online for a bit over an hour, now.

EDIT: Nevermind - it's working again, hours later. Might need to wait until tomorrow before I try taking on The Forger though, at this point.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

i was gonna say, it was probably them adding the elusive target in

Yeah, must've been - although I was thinking that there surely wouldn't have been much (if any) downtime for it, as the assets would've been there since last year. Doesn't matter though; I'm happy since I managed to bag him in 5:46, SASO.
...Now all I need to do is wait approximately forever, for the next target to become available :negative:

• Locked thread