Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

The Saurus posted:

cold-blooded means you restrain your emotions or feelings

she is actively joyful that she caused a man to be publically sodomized with a knife then murdered extralegally

Hillary doesn't see things this way. Shifting power and American influence are her metrics of success. I forget where I heard it but someone said "Hillary is so ingrained in the system that she doesn't recognize the inherent problems anymore"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
yea it was Matt Taibbi.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
-If you must dislike Trump then you must dislike all of the Americans who are voting for him.

-Folks would rather mock/write off Trump and his supporters as racist rednecks than consider what happened in their lives to make his message appealing.

Controversial opinions, I know, but it irks me to hear so many people decrying Trumps xenophobia as if he were the progenitor of such a concept.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Dude... no. People support candidates for about a billion different reasons, and there are many Trump supporters who are so up to their eyeballs in the Kool-Aid that they legitimately believe that he actually will be the "best for Hispanics" and "the best for Blacks, the blacks love me, ect." My family disliked Obama, but they still liked me even though I supported him (and vice-versa). having differences of political opinions with someone and still getting along with them is one of the most basic social skills.

You're misinterpreting me, or being obtuse. Trumps message is not taking place in a vacuum, rather it's resonating with plenty of Americans. So if you're going to take aim at Trump for his beliefs you need to extend that criticism to his supporters. But that's not productive, hence the follow-up opinion I stated, which is absent from your post...

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
It's just not a good time at the moment.* Let's put a pin in it til after the election

*not an actual true honest political opinion

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

It was 'poo poo' in that general audiences were expecting a Brad-Pitt-shoot-em'-up, and instead were treated to a bitter meditation on greed and distant American corporatism, set against the background of the 2008 Presidential Election.

My true and honest opinion? Americans, and the globalized world, are for the most part dumb, reactionary animals, barely removed from our simian ancestors, which is why the highest grossing films are jingoists superhero flicks and soulless disneyfied rehashes of A New Hope.

Any film that requires more than two brain cells does "okay" at best, and since all of us visit the same pop-culture sites/forums we are insulated from the culture at large, and suffer under the illusion that most people are at least somewhat like us, instead of being barely conscious violent monkeys. That's why the rise of Trumpism was so confounding to the elites: everyone assumed that it would be apparent that the man was a joke and that folks would see through his childish banter, rather than vigorously nod along when he blabbered about the dangers of the Saracens and vaccines, ecstatic that someone finally "spoke for them".

Your posts are condescending and juvenile.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
And Reagan killed the ussr so by the transitive property...

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
If I could hunt for my meat I would do it in a heartbeat. Factory farms are hell on earth.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Powercrazy posted:

Yea. There are things that are 'cool' and would be "great" if they were possible, i.e. Faster then Light travel, Teleportation, "Cold-Fusion" or "Free Energy." But there are specific well-understood physical laws preventing those things from ever being possible, especially in the short-term. Biotech advancement into life-elongation isn't one of those things. There is no fundamental reason that death is inevitable, except for the end of the universe of course.

Life isn't special. :smugdog:

I'm gonna put my consciousness into a computer and after my body dies I'm gonna come mess up all your files and games. your life isn't special but my revenge from beyond the grave will be. Buckle up nerd

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
he's not afraid to reach across the aisle

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
You mean his vocal internet supporters?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Solar panel tech is going to save us from exactly fuckall.

And if I misread your post, I apologize in advance friendo

E: as for the developing world, climate change will bring about an unprecedented refugee crisis, the likes of which we're already seeing in Syria

Ee: ok lol you're so far off base. If you were paying attention you'd know there will be no reversal of the climate crisis, only adapting to it.

Toadvine has issued a correction as of 17:18 on May 27, 2016

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Lol what else do you believe

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

WampaLord posted:

My honest political opinion? I can't stand people bitching about a candidate's supporters.

Agreedo. every candidate with a fighting chance has good supporters and bad supporters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Quorum posted:

Jobs being "shipped overseas" had nothing, or very little, to do with NAFTA or the Clintons. It is and was a response to the larger process of globalization, which you're not going to reverse through legislative action. Even total isolationism and protectionism won't stop it unless you go full North Korea, thus destroying the US economy entirely. Manufacturing is not coming back and this is not the fault of the government.

All these words and you're still being coy

• Locked thread