Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
well?
Yea
Nope
View Results

• Locked thread
Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

I'm about to drink out of it again because there are too many rad stickers on it to just use it as a piss bottle. Has this happened to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Probably sanitized it with your piss better than the rest of us hippies ever would by any other means, so kudos

black children
Dec 14, 2009
Man i knew a dude who would drink his canteen of water every night before going to bed, piss in it during the night, and then pour the piss out and use it as a canteen again all the next day. i thought that was loving disgusting. but also i really admired his fortitude. we could probably all take a page out of that guy's book

black children fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Mar 14, 2016

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

Nalgenes are for clipping to your North Face backpack to hike your local university. Platypus bottles are where it's at.

Don't use my red platypus. It's the pee one. :ssh:

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I use a collapsible nalgene as my pissflask. Note: Pissflask is also my radio callsign.

With enough forethought and care, you can even pee while still in your sleeping bag.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
why don't you go pee outside you get to see the stars and stuff

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

That's how the yetis get you

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Because cold-induced diuresis is nature's bitchiest trick.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wait you guys pee in your nice bottles on purpose? I thought this thread was about when you forget a Gatorade bottle...

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Epitope posted:

Wait you guys pee in your nice bottles on purpose? I thought this thread was about when you forget a Gatorade bottle...

Gotta try a pisslock bag.

black children
Dec 14, 2009

Epitope posted:

Pack It In, Pack It Out

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Free Market Mambo posted:

Gotta try a pisslock bag.

Could always go this route too

black children posted:

Pack It In, Pack It Out

Especially condoms

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Like a wandering LNT ronin, pisssacks swinging in the pure mountain air.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
who the hell are you people?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

It's only one step removed from poop socking

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Levitate posted:

why don't you go pee outside you get to see the stars and stuff

Did this last night. Stars were cool but putting on snowy boots sucked. Thought about peeing in the nalgene...

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Some places require you to take your poop w/you.

Big wall climbers use poop tubes.

Me, I just do it to feel like an astronaut.

black children
Dec 14, 2009
a true master aligns the zipper of his sleeping bag with the zipper of the tent flap, so that only his ding-dong is exposed to the chill air. and that but for the briefest of moments, as the pee is unleashed

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm the resultant pissicle

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

I'm still alive. Gonna do this more.

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
I'm full of questions, questions like: why carry a Nalgene, and why pee in it? Maybe I get it if you don't pee out of an aimable hose thing and it's very cold, but otherwise?

To answer your question, no it hasn't happened to me, but if it did I'd just wash it first and be fine?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

honestly I'd only heard of old dudes peeing in bottles before now I'm shocked and appalled as the number of piss bottlers that are probably younger than I am.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Nalgenes are bad for pee. But they are great for mixed drinks at parties. Did that at a St. Patrick's party last week.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004

Oh, I didn't do this backpacking. I did it lying in my bed.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Heck, I'm peeing in my nalgene right now!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Why are nalgenes bad? Besides the fact that once you put sugar liquid or soap in them you are forever hosed, that is.

black children
Dec 14, 2009
real men drink their piss straight from the source

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten

Crazyeyes posted:

Why are nalgenes bad? Besides the fact that once you put sugar liquid or soap in them you are forever hosed, that is.

They're pointless. If you want a heavy/durable bottle, use metal. If you want a lighter bottle, buy a liter of water from the grocery store.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

I'm the one who peed in your nalgene, OP

sorry

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Metal is nice, but tends to both dent and be super thermally conductive/heavy. This is good for some things, but if I'm melting snow for drinking water, or boiling hot water bottles to throw in my sleeping bag, it's nalgene time. I had a nice big Kleen Kanteen until I tele'd into a big tree and watched it launch downslope into eternity like a silver bullet.

Summer time just use soda bottles for day trips, unless you are filtering or having to collect from difficult water sources. Don't pee into soda bottles, the backpressure is dangerous for your dilz. Gatorade or bust.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

yeah I gotta use those wide mouth bottles anyways

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

No girth bragging in the nalgene pee bottle thread

black children
Dec 14, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

No girth bragging in the nalgene pee bottle thread

:911:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

what

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

what the hell

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

why is happen

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

why pee bottle?!

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Get out bear I'm piss

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

No we accept bears as our friends here

Don't bear shame

Adbot