Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was thinking you were late on a new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I miss the old non-shitpost Eonwe but I'd rather join whatever horrific amalgam of nerds Eonwe cooks up than a Tempus Thales guild.

Orv
May 4, 2011
:psyboom:

This is it kids, the end is nigh.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That avatar will always make me happy Drinkfist, never change it.

You could be less you though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

I tried being someone else for a while but their skin started rotting.

Tale as old as tiiiime.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Drinkfist is that guy I want to hang out with but he's always doing awful poo poo I want nothing to do with. MMOs in this case.

Orv fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Aug 31, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
I honestly don't have an answer for you, I should at least hang out every once and a while.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Backgammon is lovely this time of year.

Orv
May 4, 2011
At this point there is nothing you can say in defense of your MMO HMO infamy that will get you even a little off the hook. That hook is part of you now.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Have you got a semi-regular group going for this then? It's utterly poo poo solo but with a group it might be worth some time.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Opulent.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm in the discord, same name.

Orv
May 4, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

Yeah, not sure where I read or heard it, but I believe islands will sink/rise out of the depths on a regular basis. This lets them bring in new material for building stuff, provides a reason why you can't build island settlements, and let's them take out old content for revisions as they update their tools.

I'm sure some group will try to build a super massive ship or group of ships to act as a town at some point though.

I need this to happen for the inevitable pirate raid that will occur to the sky shantytown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ossipago posted:

They really need to make it open source and let the community host/develop it. What do they have to lose at this point?

Given the integration of SpatialOS as a primary component I don't imagine that's an option.