Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
https://www.worldsadrift.com/alliances/goonwaffe/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

pmac posted:

Judging by initial forum replies this game's community is going to be incredibly entertaining to grief.

Someone flagged the thread as inappropriate and a post I had replied as well. Several posts later a pubbie issued a threat...

Then a second threat and more Grrrr Goons... Then the Forum Admin stepped in and basically told the pubbie to suck it up and deal with it.

Goons win, flawless victory.

Forums: https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/goonswarm/
Join the alliance: https://www.worldsadrift.com/alliances/goonwaffe

If the forum PVP is this good, the game has promise.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 30, 2016

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Eonwe posted:

is anyone making an alliance

alliance was made: https://www.worldsadrift.com/alliances/goonwaffe/

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Eonwe posted:

ill realpost why im not going to join the goonwaffe alliance

youve had a bizarre need to be in power ever since you joined SA

from TSW, some other MMO, Albion, Discord, now this, and especially after you stole all the money in Albion, im not interested in playing in a group with you as a leader

are always this buttehurt or you havent taken your meds yet?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Eonwe posted:

is anyone making an alliance id actually join

make your own alliance its a free world.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blazing Zero posted:

pubbies are better than goons because they didnt give lowtax ten dollars

goons are pubbies who paid :10bux: -Eonwe Guild Leader

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Eonwe posted:

yikes

the guy who got so mad at a "pubbie" on the Albion forums he ended up doxxing the "pubbie" is telling me im mad.

ok

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Drinkfist posted:

Last time I took a number for you there were no survivors.

Come at it, there is plenty of that still.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Drinkfist posted:

Buddy I loving live off saltwater and coal mining documentaries. You make me buzz your tower again and all that will be left of you is jokes about your parent's ineptitude.

Ok

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Lastgirl posted:

same

sorry TT, I just find you really creepy and overbearing

its not you, its me kiddo~

oh wait, no it is you lol

its not personal tho

its my gut instincts after you doxxed someone unironically to stay the gently caress away from you~

Hey more power to you... I enjoy all these reruns and how I left these memories of me and all of us back when we played a bad game and so on and so forth. I love the attention you all bring me, Eonwe and the whole gang... Just always make me feel at home like it happened yesterday. Very adorable. Cheeky but adorable....

Good job kiddo

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

forge posted:

Many good things in the stream today which was a preview of 6.0 alpha. Check discord for specifics. New alpha invites will come with this as well. ETA soonish likely 3/1 from what was said about it being in the final stages for bug fixing.

if you played in the previous alpha, do you need a new invite?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Department of Goonland Security - Securing the Skies with TSA:

https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/securing-the-skies-with-tsa/#post-76462

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8ARpDTF2w

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Lastgirl posted:

so when do i get my slamwhale t-shirt

Dunno, but you can print this sticker and pin it on your shirt...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blazing Zero posted:

same time as i get my goon hydra shirt

Those were limited edition... ran out of print.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

soy posted:

Uhhh I heard we can grief people in this game or something, is this still the case? Fun game? Looks weird as poo poo from your videos.

The tears in this game are golden...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

KM Scorchio posted:

Thanks for the info. I'll try and get in the same server as you guys once we have a reset, I've just been dicking around solo so far.

:smugdon:

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jun 17, 2017

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Another game we are immortalized by pubbies...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

We came, we saw and no pubbies showed up. I think 2-3 players showed up... tomorrow we are going against the rest of their invisible fleet.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
[10:23 AM] Riviak: Oh I see. I typically prefer the personal touch with potential clients but we can do it through text if you prefer.
[10:24 AM] Riviak: I'm requesting a neutrality pact between TSA and the future bank of WA.
[10:25 AM] Riviak: I've already gotten agreements from every alliance within the FSC and the merchant guild along with three pirate alliances.
[10:26 AM] Riviak: What this neutrality means is that the bank will not participate in any wars and such. This means that you're free to pirate and bank but not free to pirate the bank. Also, if I understand correctly, your alliance is holding down a sector.
[10:26 AM] Riviak: If, when the bank gets going, your still able to hold down a sector the bank may provide a depository in your sector.
[10:27 AM] Riviak: This also means that the bank will need to be exempt from your licensing policies or given free licenses.
[10:28 AM] Riviak: Let me tell you a little about how the bank will work.
[10:29 AM] Tempus Thales: Well first of all we don't charge for Flight Passes. Those are free for everyone that wants one.
[10:30 AM] Riviak: We will be using shards as currency. These shards can be deposited at any bank depository. By setting up an account with the bank you will be given an account number. There will also be Alliance Accounts available. Once your shards are deposited you will be able to access them at any time from our website. By using someone else's account number you will be able to transfer shards to them using the website or you can withdraw from any depository.
[10:30 AM] Riviak: Fair enough but I know how the evolution of policy works. In the future, I have no doubt you will begin charging for the licenses to at least pass through your sector.
[10:30 AM] Riviak: Especially once I've built the economy
[10:32 AM] Riviak: There will also need to be a sector for the bank's Safe ship. The alliance that I choose will be given a free Alliance Account and discounted individual accounts for its leader and select officers.
[10:33 AM] Riviak: Do you have any questions about the bank or how it will work?
[10:38 AM] Riviak: Well, it goes a bit more in depth than that but I won't bore you with the details. I'm a banker by trade in the real world and it can get rather convoluted. The real question is, will your alliance honor the neutrality pact?
[10:40 AM] Riviak: The last thing I need, especially in starting up, is being robbed. This won't happen by anything other than a well organized Alliance which is why I'm reaching out to all of them. You included.
[10:40 AM] Riviak: Untill I can get the insurance company funded.
[10:40 AM] Riviak: Even then I'll want to avoid robberies, of course.

So now we need a bank robber faction and we are set.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

desudrive posted:

So just how delicious are these pubbie tears? I'm thinking of hopping in. How's the goon presence? Can ya'll set me up with some newb goodies?

There is goon presence, the type of content we are driving is bringing a lot of PVP to a specific area in the game, if you buy a founders pack and you make it into the game you can come with the flight crew and level up easily and I'm pretty sure we can hook you up.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Lastgirl posted:

did they change bombs in any way?

They are nerfing them with the next patch, temporarily at least.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY8WcgtyqEI
PvP Video with Adventurous Music

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Tears collected...

GG Forge and Adadad

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FileNotFound posted:

Is there a guide on how to start out in this poo poo game?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932986882

or you can ask any of us playing.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Pubbie writes a forum post to try and discredit TSA and it's Rubber Duckey initiative...

It backfires immediately with waves of support for the Duck Fleet...

The pubbie loses his poo poo and writes some slander or racist response against the goons, who are clearly the victims here...

Which then gets deleted and gets himself blocked for a while...

Hilarity Ensues.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FileNotFound posted:

You can YELL at people though and that identifies YOU. Which is just as important. When I've boarded empty ships I've also checked to see who the spawner was registered to before pointing the ship down and salvaging the core...

In general I board people before shooting them anyway and that IDs them...it's not that hard to do.

With that said I do think it's up to the goon being attacked to identify themselves if they are in TSA areas.

Ultimately alliances cannot come soon enough as with the way crews function we tend to fly when in our own voice channels as otherwise it gets super hectic in combat.

Finally - more keys are going on sale at noon EST tomorrow.

The only IFF I know from TSA is the Password of the Day which we haven't implemented yet.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

7c Nickel posted:

Surely no ordinary man would have put 80 god drat bar pipes around his gondola style bridge.

This sounds strangely familiar. These design choices seem to be like a trend...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I guess there's no effective way to protect your ship when you're not on it. Yet another reason I'm not going to be playing this anymore atm.

Essentially, when you log out, your ship will log out 3 minutes after you are out. But it's 3 minutes where no one has had an interaction of your ship. You can also do what most of us do, in that case, we hide the ship under Dorito.

If you are on an island exploring and you leave your ship high up in the clouds there is a possibility that other players won't mess with you, but if they do you can always port back. Also, this game is not friendly for Solo play, I mean you can solo play if you want, but there are risks. Instead of quitting the game why don't you join us and wreck havoc on the pubbies with our daily shenanigans.

The game is fun even though it's rough on the edges.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I originally was coerced into playing this by Xanif and Mordgier, however we never actually play together and they're always off doing their own thing. I only found out about the goon group the other night like 10 minutes before I got my poo poo blown up. The problem is the grinding in this game is best done solo, while pvping is better done in a group. The result is we usually play solo because 90% of the game is just grinding.

We are always on the game in the evenings and most of the nights, Adadad, myself, 7cnickel and several others... get on discord and hit us up.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Got a 24hr ban for standing up against a pedo lover.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

xanif posted:

That will teach you! How dare you back up your accusations with evidence!

Lesson learned.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Fog Tripper posted:

Maybe they just share in the widespread dislike of you? :shrug:

:bahgawd:

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
:gary: Our TSA project is a thing - http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/11/worlds-adrift-closed-beta-hands-on-a-riveting-sky-pirate-adventure?read :yarg:

:captainpop:

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Are we still playing this, or did people kinda move on?

Some of us are waiting for more content and patches to roll out, I keep an eye on it and hang out with the slam whales, and one of these days TSA will return from the company retreat... ;)

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Turd Herder posted:

When more content arrives I will be back.

Though Bossa is pulling some weird stuff with Deck Splash. In the free weekend they don't get 100k players. They will discontinue production.

Where did they say that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
A lot of us that were pretty invested in World's Adrift have found out that Last Oasis is more or less like WA and fills a lot of the boxes, plus its funded and has a release date...

Last Oasis OP: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3891677
Last Oasis Goons: https://discordapp.com/invite/fuD3dTn Channel: #lastoasis_goons
Last Oasis Official Discord: https://discord.gg/HHd2Eee