Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Yeah the career mode and playing vs cpu straight up blows. They block all your shots, your submissions are painfully slow and theirs are impossible to defend, it's stupid. That being said I got a middleweight title shot after eight or so wins.

I've been having fun doing the ultimate team pvp without spending any money though. It's pretty clear that they gutted career mode so people would pay to play ultimate instead but you can beat people pretty easily online if you play smart--I made a heavyweight BJJ fighter who has like a 59 in stand up and I still KO people all the time. Plus if you play conservative most people will completely blow out their energy and you can really clean up in the championship rounds.

My chief complaint right now are that defending in the clinch seems like a total crapshoot. I've been on both ends of endless knees to the dome in the Thai clinch that don't get blocked by pressing r1 and those knock you out fast. There are also people who seem to understand the clinch and ground game much better than I do because they'll improve their position even when I have more stamina and have just landed clean shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I agree with everything you said but wish you weren't so whiny about it.

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 12, 2016

• Locked thread