Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Bernouts is a useful term because it distances them from legitimate Bernie supporters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Al! posted:

Bernouts is a useful term because it distances them from legitimate Bernie supporters

Which is the good one; bernouts, berailures, berniebros, or bernie supporters?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Holy crap. Looks like Ted Cruz has pulled out MO by ~800 votes.

That changes the delegate math in a very, very bad way for Trump.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/MO-R

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Salt Fish posted:

Bernie supporters.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Salt Fish posted:

If it's a legitimate Bernie supporter the Clinton campaign has a way of shutting them down

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

axeil posted:

Hmmm but how is my ill natured schadenfreude going to fare?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
this thread has jumped the shark right through the overton window

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

axeil posted:

lol nice troll

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zoux posted:

Hmmm but how is my ill natured schadenfreude going to fare?

Ted Cruz is a shambling slime man, your ill natured schadenfreude should be fine either way

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bernice Anders posted:

lol nice troll

no, ted cruz is not nice

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Salt Fish posted:

I've been seeing some pretty boring posts in here lately so I wrote up a handy guide for making the thread more entertaining. I think with a little polish we can meet or beat the quality of the Trump thread. Let's start with some political memes that you can copy and paste into your posts to make them funnier. Remember, the more of these you use the better!

- hot take
- nth dimensional chess
- rat gently caress
- bernouts
- trump(german suffix)

Here is a quick guide for using these memes to spice up your posts. First, start with a post that you want to make:

"It will be interesting to see if the protests at the Republican Convention cause schedule disruptions and how the RNC would respond to that"

Good point, but seems pretty dry. Let's try to punch this post up a notch with some hilarious memes:

"If you want my hot take I think if the refucklicans try to play 43rd dimension chess and fail to ratfuck Herr Trumpenwaffle the Bernouts could cause a real scene at the convention."

See how much better this post is? Try it out yourself!

As a person who comes back for the enjoyable election coverage, I am glad that n-th dimensional chess has survived eight years because it's like when I visit my hometown and everybody is exactly the same.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

axeil posted:

Is this fully up to date? Other sources are reporting a Trump squeaker.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fidel Castronaut posted:

As a person who comes back for the enjoyable election coverage, I am glad that n-th dimensional chess has survived eight years because it's like when I visit my hometown and everybody is exactly the same.

Maybe they're just pretending to be the same as part of an elaborate, multi-dimensional plan.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

axeil posted:

Or he didn't. That has 867k votes with Cruz and Trump around 353-354k, but there were 935k votes with Trump at 382 and Cruz at 380. Nice try.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm seeing a Trump squeaker in more recent reporting?

Yeah, if you click the link it still shows Donald J ahead :(

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

axeil posted:

This is old data??

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I'm actually not sure on that Green Papers post now as the NYTimes has a completely different vote count.

So who knows who won!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

axeil posted:

I'm actually not sure on that Green Papers post now as the NYTimes has a completely different vote count.

So who knows who won!

greenpapers right now also has a different count than you just posted.. by about 70,000 votes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Or he didn't. That has 867k votes with Cruz and Trump around 353-354k, but there were 935k votes with Trump at 382 and Cruz at 380. Nice try.

I'd assume this is going to come down to a court decision if Cruz decides to fight for it.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I still haven't got a congrats-on-our-loss email asking for money from the Bernie campaign, I think it might be dead

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
lol for what google/AP is worth, at the current results, Sanders actually came out one delegate ahead in Missouri and Kasich(with 19% of the vote) wound up with 4 delegates in Illinois while Cruz(with 30%) has none.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

zoux posted:

I'd assume this is going to come down to a court decision if Cruz decides to fight for it.

There will almost certainly be a recount. It's so close that even a few votes in a CD could swing five delegates.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Joementum posted:

Maybe they're just pretending to be the same as part of an elaborate, multi-dimensional plan.

awww poo poo, we're the parallel universe who got stuck with all the lovely voters, aren't we?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Amused to Death posted:

lol for what google/AP is worth, at the current results, Sanders actually came out one delegate ahead in Missouri and Kasich(with 19% of the vote) wound up with 4 delegates in Illinois while Cruz(with 30%) has none.

The worst thing about this whole primary day for Cruz is that he's utterly absent from the media cycle. People aren't even saying he had a bad night, he's just getting ignored.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

The worst thing about this whole primary day for Cruz is that he's utterly absent from the media cycle. People aren't even saying he had a bad night, he's just getting ignored.

Not entirely.

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/710136306911805440

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Salt Fish posted:

Bern victims

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Big victory for Bernie this morning though :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/710149032291782657

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

axeil posted:

So who knows who won!

Uh we all do. Trump won.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Is this fully up to date? Other sources are reporting a Trump squeaker.

That's just what the campaign staff call his toots.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

GMO labeling is a bad policy so I'm not surprised to see him supporting it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I hope gmo labeling gets passed just for the hilarious moment you walk into the store and see that label slapped on practically everything

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
guys, hold on, we're unskewing the results!

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Hows this help Sanders win the african american vote in any way?

Bernie Sanders is a loving hippie who don't know how to talk to minorities. gently caress 'im.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Al! posted:

I hope gmo labeling gets passed just for the hilarious moment you walk into the store and see that label slapped on practically everything

The potential risk of GMO isn't really that people who consume them would have ill effects. To be fair, that did happen once with tryptophan supplements. The actual legitimate risk of GMO foods is that a genetic sequence with unforeseen negative environmental consequences manages to escape into the wild.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

axeil posted:

So who knows who won!

Trump won.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

As much as I like a zombie apocalypse scenario, it's hard for me to see that the damage caused by rogue genes would be any worse than what humans have already been doing for hundreds of years by transporting animal and plant species to places with no natural predators or consumers

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

XK posted:

The potential risk of GMO isn't really that people who consume them would have ill effects. To be fair, that did happen once with tryptophan supplements. The actual legitimate risk of GMO foods is that a genetic sequence with unforeseen negative environmental consequences manages to escape into the wild.

Labels will stop that!

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

XK posted:

This is like saying if we engineer a goat to breath underwater it could eat all the great whites. Nature pretty much has all it's niches on lockdown.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

7c Nickel posted:

This is like saying if we engineer a goat to breath underwater it could eat all the great whites. Nature pretty much has all it's niches on lockdown.

Tell that to kudzu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
How does Bernie feel about alternative medicine? I'm guessing not full on Jill Stein Crystal Wizard but probably pretty acupuncture friendly at least.

• Locked thread