Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

Joakim Mogren is totally rendered in the FOX Engine you guys.
What am I fighting threeeeeeeeeeeeee!? Let's Play Mega Man X3 Fully Playable Zero!

A Mega Man X LP? Really?

No. Mega Man X3! And not just any Mega Man X3 LP! An LP of a Romhack!

A romhack? Really?

Now I know what you're thinking, but it's not that kind of romhack. This is the Fully Playable Zero romhack. (I also know this was played just very recently in the Mega Man X Megathread, but I didn't when I made the test post, and I really want to do it, also the guys from that thread said it was neat to see another take, so I decided to move forward with it!)

Playable Zero? Wasn't he already playable?

Well, yes. But it wasn't very good compared to playing as X. He was really strong and had almost as much health as you could have (I believe X had two more units of health with every item collected,) but if you died as him he was permanently out of commission (with one exception we'll talk about in the LP,) and he couldn't fight any bosses. This hack changes all that. Zero starts with a bit more health than X instead of almost an entire maxed healthbar, can fight all the bosses in the game (with one specific exception we will again talk about when it comes up in the LP), and his weapon, the Z-Saber, has different damage numbers against a multitude of enemies to balance Zero with X, and the other biggest change is he can die without being permanently lost! This makes him overall much, MUCH more fun!

Why are you posting two different versions of the soundtrack?

There are a couple of versions of Mega Man X3, the primary two being SNES and PS1. I'm posting the soundtrack from both because I like both of them!

What I'll be posting!

For this LP, I'm going to be doing a playthrough, side by side, as both X and Zero, and both videos for whatever boss will go up at the same time. Also at the same time will be the SNES and PS1 versions of the music from each level, because I dig the music in this game, and I think you guys deserve to hear it too! I'm also going to post all the animated cutscenes from the PS1 version of the game that replaced certain scenes.

Who's gonna be commentating in this LP?

Well, it'll be me, BackwardPalindrome of course, but I'm always looking for others! I wouldn't like to just bore you with me droning on for a bunch of videos! So, if you want to be part of this, just send me a PM on the forums, and I'll be happy to see if we can work something out!

What's the Boss Order gonna be? Are you just gonna chump everything with the special weapons?

I am not! I'm going to be killing every boss with just the Buster/Saber, to show off Zero as well as I can. I'll use the weapons on the bosses during the refights to speed them up. As for the order, I'm going to ask everyone in the thread what boss we should go to after each update!

By all means, check the end of the most recent video to see what Bosses are left, or you can look at the post under this where I'll have the boss, a one sentence description, and their mugshot, as well as a link to the Wiki if you wanna know more than "That rhino-lookin guy". You, yes you, can vote for the one you want to see next by just saying it in the thread! Try and include the name of the animal, at least. As of the posting of the OP, no bosses have yet been beaten in order to keep it as open as possible! This is also the reason for the slightly slower update schedule for an otherwise blown-through game!

Do you have an update schedule?

Well, I'm a bit busy with real life kind of a lot, but it's gonna be hopefully 2 updates a week, with maybe a week or two with only one update depending on RL events.

And now, on to the content!

Videos

Episode 0: Intro Video!

Episode 1-ZX: Intro Stage!

Episode 2-Z: Neon Tiger! | Episode 2-X: Neon Tiger!

Episode 3-Z: Volt Catfish! | Episode 3-X: Volt Catfish!

Soundtrack

Prologue - Prologue (SNES) | Opening Cutscene (PS1)

Title Screen - Title Screen (SNES) | Title Screen (PS1)

Intro Stage - Intro Stage (SNES) | Intro Stage (PS1)

Zero's Theme - Zero's Theme (SNES) | Zero's Theme (PS1)

Boss Theme - Boss Theme (SNES) | Boss Theme (PS1)

Password Theme - Password Theme (SNES) | Password Theme (PS1)

Stage Select Theme - Stage Select (SNES) | Stage Select (PS1)

Neon Tiger's Theme - Neon Tiger (SNES) | Neon Tiger (PS1) | Neon Tiger PS1 Intro

Volt Catfish's Theme - Volt Catfish (SNES) | Volt Catfish (PS1) | Volt Catfish PS1 Intro

BackwardPalindrome fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

THE MAVERICKS

(All bosses listed from top left to bottom right relative to the stage select screen)

Blast Hornet |

Hornet Guy. Shoots robo-bees. He has a fun stage and great music!

Blizzard Buffalo |

Big strong buffalo man. Ice powers. As you can guess, Ice stage! Lots of slipping and sliding.

Gravity Beetle |

He controls gravity. He is also a beetle. Big horn on the face! Also has pretty good music.

Toxic Seahorse |

He spits acid or something for some reason. Gross. His stage was given to another boss from this game in the second game boy MMX Game!

Volt Catfish |

This is the guy who got Toxic Seahorse's level. He uses thunder I guess? No idea why.

Crush Crawfish |

He has these big ol' pinchy bits on his hands that he uses to pinch ya. His Japanese name is Scissors Shrimper.

Tunnel Rhino |

He tackles you with his drillface. He's a very simple rhino lookin' dude.

Neon Tiger |

Most well known for having a stage theme that sounds like a guns and roses song. My Michelle I think. I start with him usually.

So those are the bosses! Place your votes now, ladies and gentlemen! After the first actual update, the remaining bosses will be listed (name only) in the post. Feel free to refer back here if you need a reminder who they are.

BackwardPalindrome fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 22, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Gimme the gringo.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
It's the AI of the tiger I'd like to see fight.

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

Just to let you guys know, the first update will be Wednesday at some time (Probably afternoon EST). If we have a tie I'll just give every boss that's tied a random number and generate one, and whichever one wins wins.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Neon Tiger

Kartridge
Jan 11, 2014

When in doubt, thug it out.
Gravity Beetle.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
It feels like a missed opportunity for them not to hack the title screen to say MEGAMAN X Z.

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

Well, by my count, the thread seems to have two votes for neon tiger and two votes for Gravity Beetle. I flipped a coin and got neon tiger. as long as the guest who wants to record Neon Tiger with me is available today, we'll get that one done! If not, I'll just do gravity beetle. Thanks for the votes, even if it was only 4 so far!

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

And now finally, a day late but still as promised!

Neon Tiger! and Neon Tiger as X! And also as promised, The Neon Tiger PS1 Intro!

Now, remember to vote for the boss you want to see next! Check the second post to see who's left (Grayscale portraits mean the boss in question is dead!) Also, a quick question. Do you guys think I should collect items as soon as possible, or should I do an item collection video after 4 and 8 mavericks? If nobody has anything to say I'll probably collect them as we get access to them so that I can show off their effects as we go.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Go for that creepy catfish fucker

TicTacOops
May 23, 2014
I'd like to see you get them as you come across them if possible! Then maybe a montage afterward of item collection as you get the appropriate powers.

I vote that blasted bee because robotic bees are no joke.

Also, will you keep the X play-through without comment as there's others already doing an LP of that or do you think you will have commentary on the later ones?

TicTacOops fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 17, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Blizzard Buffalo

SpookBus
Aug 22, 2015
gently caress up that catfish!

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

TicTacOops posted:

A good question

I'll be keeping the X Playthrough without any commentary simply because I'm just playing this game to show off how Zero works in it!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I still want a gringo.

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

New request: Someone draw all the Mega Man X3 mavericks as gang members from the east and west coast. Please. Make Gravity Beetle a cholo.

EbonikPlague
Jan 7, 2013

I see what you did.
It wasn't funny.
Volt Catfish

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Lets fry up some Volt Catfish.

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

Hey guys, not sure when this is gonna be updated next (hopefully the schedule should stay the same) because I am currently in the hospital, with a probable diagnosis of Osteomyelitis. I also have surgery to remove my wisdom teeth on Wednesday, so that will probably not be the day that things get recorded. I'm gonna cut the voting early this time, and we'll go ahead and get some electric fishes done in the next video. I apologize for any delay this causes!

TicTacOops
May 23, 2014
Bone/face/teeth problems of any kind are pretty lovely.

Hope it isn't too bad to deal with!

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

Hey guys, really sorry again that the thread isn't updating. I'm gonna be in the hospital a bit longer than I thought, and I'm not sure when I'm gonna be getting out. Really, really sorry for this!

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

Hey guys, I super apologize for being gone 5ever! Hopefully, I can get the next update going on saturday! I finally got out of the hospital this monday, and I've been recuperating! Thanks for being patient. Volt Catfish will be dead shortly.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Welcome back, glad you're out of hospital.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Good to hear you're doing better.

Fry that catfish.

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

New Video should be up today in just a few hours at the latest! Video's recorded and everything, just gotta edit audio and upload it!

BackwardPalindrome fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 22, 2016

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

About a month after it should have been released, it's finally here! Finally, the catfish has been turned into sweet, sweet nuggets. You can find the video here! The new music and cutscene, as well as the X playthrough, are all up in the OP! As always, don't forget to vote for what maverick nerd you want dead next!

BackwardPalindrome fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 22, 2016

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

You may want to make the video link a bit more obvious, in the post there btw, it took me a moment to actually find it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Toxic Seahorse sounds like he's due for a beating

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
You need to fight Hornet Beetle.

Kartridge
Jan 11, 2014

When in doubt, thug it out.
Toxicity sucks, take out that poisonous underwater equine ASAP.

Kartridge fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 24, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Gravity wossname.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BackwardPalindrome
Dec 9, 2012

Hey guys, I may not have a place to live for a little while, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to continue the thread. I feel like poo poo to have to do this and I'm very sorry.

• Locked thread