Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

fadam posted:

How does the netcode feel?

Note code seems ok. The matching though is pretty wonky. I am in Melbourne, Australia and after a whole three seconds of searching it decided someone in frigging Canada was the best match for me.

On another note, does anyone know how significant the whole SLevel thing actually is? Like am I going to get punished hardcore in the story or online if I want to try a few different Pokemon and not stick to leveling one to whatever the cap is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
One thing I am seeing a lot and cannot figure out is when I am going to grab an enemy then having a red shield effect come up around them and shrugging it off somehow. It isn't the Attack Triangle (they are not attacking) and it isn't a stance thing either (I've seen enemies like Pikachu and Weavile do it). I don't get hit for it but they shrug off the grab and the fight continues. It's like there is some sort of grab counter not covered in the tutorial or something.

Can anyone explain it? I haven't found an answer myself and enemies in Iron League seem to be able to pull it off annoyingly often.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Rafza posted:

i...think thats when you two are grabbing each other; it cancels each other out. its not exactly like tech throws in other games, but i've had it happen repeatedly as well, it might be frame-perfect or near it

e: i could be wrong though, idunno, i have grabbed someone grabbing me and either won or lost the grab because i was either early or late

Yeah I really am not sure. It isn't a stance thing because only Charizard has the grab immune stance and I have seen it on other characters. It also isn't attacking as I see no attack being thrown before or after the grab.

Could be a tech hit sort of mechanic but I cannot seem to replicate it myself.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Maple Leaf posted:

I feel like I'm only playing half of Suicune. I got her zoning down decently but in my experience so far, her duel phase options are so bad that her only reasonable option is counter. It's quite frustrating and disheartening. Maybe I should actually look into a different character for a bit.

I tend to feel characters with counter attacks are in a very good place, especially online. The big problem I have is coming out of the Smash Bros mentality of punishing rushdowns with blocks then throws. Throwing is incredibly unsafe in this game as hitting evenly a perfectly timed shield seems to generate no notable hit-stun. Counter moves on the other hand seem to be a much more solid deterrence to aggressive players.

That said, I honestly know little about Suicune to really give you any proper advice. I've seen some pretty good players of them online but he does seem to be better at the Field phase which actually seems balanced unlike characters such as Braixen.

• Locked thread