Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
You thought being a bread merchant was easy? It's not. You know what my routine consists of? I stand around in a shop all day, all night. I never sleep. I don't eat. Ever since I took up this gig, I've found myself entirely incapable of even moving an inch away from where I opened my store. The shop's inventory currently consists of six bread rolls, two baguettes and a currant bun. Oh, and six hundred and eighty five thousand rusted swords, rotten trout, torn shirts, broken pieces of wood and wolf fangs.

Y'see, I live in a dense, sprawling city that's populated by five peasants, two guards and (by my last count) twelve other merchants, but I've never had anyone buy any baked goods from me. But holy poo poo are people willing to sell things to me! In spades! Forever!

My pa always said "Location, location, location" and now I spend my time thinking of all the fun ways I could be defiling his grave because I wasn't expecting my homely little shop at the front of the city - right by the gates - to become a sodding landfill for all these bloody adventurers to constantly pawn their goods off to me. City rules say I have to take whatever they give me. That's great. Super grand. Can't complain, of course, since regulations demand I keep my discourse limited to "I have many baked goods for sale!" followed by a "Safe travels to you!" after Sir DarkMurder unloads another bag of crap directly into my hands.

Anyone else had to deal with this sort of thing? I hear innkeepers get it rough too. Hundreds of people standing around in their taverns but you'll never see 'em drink a drat thing. I wish I could've been a weapons vendor instead. Nobody ever bothers those guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread