Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Jagchosis posted:

No sooner than this had occurred, Defendant HARRY REID, acting in concert with Defendants RORY REID and OBAMA , each and every one of them, jointly and severally, issued what in effect were public threats to and made false defamatory statements about Defendant BUNDY and his family to further his under the table negotiated deal to seize and sell the BUNDY ranch and its chattels, including any remaining cattle, for profit and/or kickbacks from the purchaser(s), some of whom were reported to be communist Chinese.
Pictured, a Bundy ranch cow:

The only person who would buy that would someone buying it to put it out of its misery as quickly as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I don't understand

just suggesting you be put out of your misery before becoming the ultimate horror

a grad student

the paradigm shift posted:

I watched the first episode but I kept fading out and focusing on my phone. It'll have to wait until a week when I'm drinking

yeah give it another shot episode 3 is when the story gets intense and real interesting and doesnt really let up til the end

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I got an email from one of my professors suggesting I do the second level of Stats this fall. That's a grad level course. Is there anyone here that has taken a grad course during undergrad that could weigh in?
ive seen undergrads coming to my course. if you are going just because it sounds interesting, you might have a bad time. if you have already done something even loosely resembling prerequisites and your prof suggests you do it, you'll likely be alright.

basically yeah, undergrads that were like "oh i did memes 101 so now im taking memes 201 as next semester im doing thesis in the contemporary history of formation of twitch copypasta" then they usually fare well, sometimes complaining that too little work is done in class compared to what they are used to. other times it's like "oh im just a twee twink studying mathematics and i think stars are ~fascinating and beautiful~" (this is real story) and then you take an upper (relatively to master's, so basically phd 101 ie 301 or w/e in the gently caress your course numbers mean if there's anything coherent in them at all) level physics of the stars course. then you get jack poo poo since you miss at least two prerequisites even if we are hyperspecific about meaning of the word "prerequisite" here, and then you silently bail out two days after the first assignment is issued where it turns out suddenly that universities rarely issue physics and mathematics degrees at the same time not just because they'd like to cash in on your money

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Also a lot of Undergrad does feel like jumping through hoops NN. Like I'm doing to majors and two minors while keeping a GPA above 3.4, but I feel like I am not guaranteed poo poo since I'm not STEM (well, I am but Sociology is considered soft science)
*stemlordishly* uhh, when did s in stem became sociology?

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
man you all went to way too much school

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
are they using stata, spss, or r wormman?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Aeryk posted:

man you all went to way too much school

not me

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

don't show pics of my ron jeremy cosplay

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

I wish I didn't hate live music. Hippie festivals are a lot of fun and i miss going to them

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gravel Gravy posted:

You should social less and post more.

ive been hanging out in slack/reading about wow more

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

are they using stata, spss, or r wormman?

Stata

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

couldve been worse

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

oh good. though it's a fun faculty argument to start over stata vs spsss

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kalstrams posted:

couldve been worse

for social science, stata is pretty much the best.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

oh good. though it's a fun faculty argument to start over stata vs spsss
like there's an argument here to begin with :madmax:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

for social science, stata is pretty much the best.
yeah im taking poo poo on spss, i dont know how r fares vs stata as my comp stats exposure is rather limited. ive tinkered with r, and read about the other two, both in general and opinions

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kalstrams posted:

like there's an argument here to begin with :madmax:

oh, it gets pretty heated somehow

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

oh, it gets pretty heated somehow
:thejoke: its like every other "fundamental x vs fundamental y". astrophysics is a bit on the side of this since every subfield has a million things going for it so there's too much to compare to, but then you'll at the very least get "which linux distro we should run on workstations"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
chicago vs turabian

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

chicago vs turabian
turabian

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

corn in the bible posted:

chicago vs turabian

APA

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Army writing style hooah

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jagchosis posted:

Army writing style hooah
monowidth?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

No sooner than this had occurred, Defendant HARRY REID, acting in concert with Defendants RORY REID and OBAMA , each and every one of them, jointly and severally, issued what in effect were public threats to and made false defamatory statements about Defendant BUNDY and his family to further his under the table negotiated deal to seize and sell the BUNDY ranch and its chattels, including any remaining cattle, for profit and/or kickbacks from the purchaser(s), some of whom were reported to be communist Chinese.

last summer everyone in the austin area was complaining about their water bills being too high (they weren't, but they didn't think about all the water they were using)

someone said the chinese hacked his water meter, and that's why it was so high

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

The Chinese hacked my gas bill, my door seals, and my lovely windows

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

the chinese hacked my rent

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
the chinese hacked all those dadchatters' girlfriends that left them this winter

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the fact that turabian is different from chicago is so loving stupid, it's so loving retarded

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Jagchosis posted:

the chinese hacked all those dadchatters' girlfriends that left them this winter

aw

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

dastardly chicoms must be why my insurance is so high

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i bet the people who say chicom also say nork

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

holy poo poo the venomsnake motorcycle exchange is also the same exchange where he admitted he made up his european girlfriends

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Badger of Basra posted:

holy poo poo the venomsnake motorcycle exchange is also the same exchange where he admitted he made up his european girlfriends

lol i thought that was earlier

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

lol i thought that was earlier

It's also where that picture came from iirc

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i've been playing stellaris for four straight hours, send help

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the welfare check a few weeks from now will inevitably find my corpse moldering in this chair

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Has anyone with a lovely laptop with Intel graphics tried stellaris yet? It looks less than likely to even run just going by the numbers but ck2 and eu4 manage just fine if a bit sluggish

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the welfare check a few weeks from now will inevitably find my corpse moldering in this chair

this will be me after hoi4 is released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

my first week off of work was like the ending of a twilight zone episode but instead of a library it was fallout 4

• Locked thread