Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

the paradigm shift posted:

Has anyone with a lovely laptop with Intel graphics tried stellaris yet? It looks less than likely to even run just going by the numbers but ck2 and eu4 manage just fine if a bit sluggish

it runs fine on my macbooks intel iris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

and it's not even an argument

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

holy poo poo the venomsnake motorcycle exchange is also the same exchange where he admitted he made up his european girlfriends

im rereading it now and truly one of dadchat's finest moments

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

running hand over pc gaming desktop when glasses suddenly pop off of face and break on the ground

"That's not fair. That's not fair at all. There was time now. There was—was all the time I needed…! It's not fair! It's not fair!"

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

chicago vs turabian

ask yourself, has anything good come from chicago academically

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

like chiacgo-style sucks for most things. economics, citations, pizza.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

nutranurse posted:

professor president obama

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Jagchosis posted:

he went to harvard tho

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

kalstrams posted:

yeah im taking poo poo on spss, i dont know how r fares vs stata as my comp stats exposure is rather limited. ive tinkered with r, and read about the other two, both in general and opinions

r's alright but it doesn't have as much stuff out of the box as spss or i'm guessing stata. you're basically forced to write your own addons or do a lot of googling

nutranurse posted:

kate turabian worked at u chicago and they publish her manual

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Berke Negri posted:

running hand over pc gaming desktop when glasses suddenly pop off of face and break on the ground

"That's not fair. That's not fair at all. There was time now. There was—was all the time I needed…! It's not fair! It's not fair!"

"wait a minute i can just set the resolution stupidly low"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jagchosis posted:

obama went to chicago he didn't come out of chicago

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

avs why do you need to know the onomatopoeia for a cat going purr in central vietnamese

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
apa blows goats and science departments should adopt turabian

i mean tex is already as good as it gets for publishing, why hobble yourself with a lovely style

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

nutranurse posted:

he went to harvard tho

he got his economic ideas from faculty at chicago

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

avs why do you need to know the onomatopoeia for a cat going purr in central vietnamese

mecca, this is easily the most avs appropriate linguistics question she could ask

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

well whats the answer

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

do i look like i know the hue dialect?

i actually don't know it in the southern dialect either, because my parents think cats are evil. meo is meow (also cat) and gu gu is growl.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

do i look like i know the hue dialect?

i actually don't know it in the southern dialect either, because my parents think cats are evil. meo is meow (also cat) and gu gu is growl.

my mother in law also hates cats and threatened to eat any if my wife ever brought one home

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Like if you say Bernie has a black voter issue, Hillary has an entire age demographic problem that's insanely worse. Millenials hating her will probably doom her campaign.

I also forgot this forum has a gently caress ton of gen y people since this forum is full of people in their late 30s and 40s so it's funny when they, who are still more often bernie supporters, comment on millenial berniecrats its like their first cane wave.

:derp:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Animal onomatopoeia in different languages is really fun, tbh

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

my mother in law also hates cats and threatened to eat any if my wife ever brought one home

your in laws sound like bad people

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

my parents also think it's kinda funny that americans keep dogs as pets, because dogs in vietnam become food. they, however, accidentally killed all the goldfish they tried keeping over the years

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

kustomkarkommando posted:

i hope obama apologizes for bombing hiroshima cause it will make so many people in uspol mad

he should just do apologies, every day, for the months he has left. that would be cool.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i think a lot of the world finds americans relationship with their dogs to be weird

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
americans value dog lives vastly more than people its sort of amazing

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

when i first moved back to phoenix one of the most pressing urban development projects was to get a dog park built while there's a huge park that runs right along downtown but its full of homeless drug addicts so they wanted a new one

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Lol that people still defend those bombings

jfc I just remembered arguing with mom like three years ago about that. Cancel that lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jagchosis posted:

americans value dog lives vastly more than people its sort of amazing

no wonder really with dog track record wrt shooting white people

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

So this Sadie Doyle thing has turned my twitter feed into a slapfight between bernies and feminists
awesome.
at least I can enjoy all the hail pictures

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/730185486375989252

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Exclamation Marx posted:

he should just do apologies, every day, for the months he has left. that would be cool.

that would undercut his final six-month image as angry black man obama.:black101:

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/sadydoyle/status/730226831970992128

the first comment was Arthur Chu lmao

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

quote:

Assemblywoman Michele Fiore found herself last week at the center of a controversy, where she often lands, after claiming the Second Amendment granted Americans the right to aim firearms at a “duly authorized law enforcement officer who is just out there doing his job,” in response to a local TV reporter’s question.

ahahahaaaaaaa

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/1XjbGZc.gifv

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

btw if anyone was unaware she was involved in both bundy standoffs and would probably be under indictment if she wasnt a politician but holy poo poo if they brought charges her lawyers would definitely be fighting to keep that from being presented

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Jagchosis posted:

btw if anyone was unaware she was involved in both bundy standoffs and would probably be under indictment if she wasnt a politician but holy poo poo if they brought charges her lawyers would definitely be fighting to keep that from being presented

I remembered her being the one giving the refuge holdouts all the worst advice but yeah I should have made that clear

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Remember k750i eBay parodies? They're back. https://www.torchcases.com

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

chicago vs turabian

ASA

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
uh oh, a man and his dog just posted in the food industry thread

was migf wandering back in recently a sign of things to come?

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

nutranurse posted:

like chiacgo-style sucks for most things. economics, citations, pizza.

Chicago pizza is good, Second City is good, and everything else there can burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Chicago pizza is good, Second City is good, and everything else there can burn

hmm

• Locked thread