Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Greetings dads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just had an actual Nazi skinhead come into the store. That was a thing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kalstrams posted:

was he looking for odin card to finish his white deck

That's not even a thing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He did have red laces in his boots and a "commonwealth of American natives" patch on his best and a shaved head tho

So

Smart money is definitely on "actually a racist piece of poo poo"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nutranurse posted:

what did they buy

I swear to god I'm not making this up:

Naruto

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I mean he bought it for his girlfriend but still

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The red laces were the tipoff that he was probably an actual Nazi skinhead and not a SHARP

SHARPs wouldn't wear red laces because that's explicitly a neo Nazi thing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skinheads against racial prejudice

Because skinheads got coopted by Nazis in the 80s

Not that Oi was particularly racially progressive to start but uh it was definitely not literally Nazis

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nutranurse posted:

antiracist skinheads, i had a few skinhead friends like that in highschool

they usually are huge enough druggies to be straight edge too

That's the opposite of straight edge tho

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Badger of Basra posted:

i only know about sharps because of that one dnd poster who comes into any thread where they call skinheads racists and says "no!!! sharps exist!"

I mean that's why I specify when I'm talking about them but I'm also not gonna go out of my way to correct people because I know what they're talking about and SHARPs are so non-visible that it doesn't really matter

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

thats me *puts thumbs in red suspenders*

Itt Zoux admits to being a Nazi

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nutranurse posted:

all the straight edge people ive ever met have also been dealers or heavy users

I doubt the people who are defined by their staunch opposition to doing drugs are doing a lot of drugs

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If they are they're massively stupid and it's hilariou to me

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nutranurse posted:

they usually either are former heavy users trying to get clean or hang around those typese

Ok that makes more sense I thought you meant like

They were straight edge and also smoking crack

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nutranurse posted:

one of my straight edge friends from highschool got sent to jail for stabbing some dude to death last year--he wasnt on drugs at the time tho and by all accounts he kept to his creed. too bad about the whole murderous psycho part being something he does sober.

God bless the punk movements of various types

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

your posting is bad and you arent funny

Turn your monitor on

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nutranurse posted:

nah they're white people too so their deal were amphetamines

A friend of mine was a sharp for a while and he smokes mad weed

Good times

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

and derivative and predictable.

Your monitor is still off

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Anyway the point is the guy who said he didn't think someone was actually black shouldn't be cracking wise about wearing red suspenders, another signifier that someone is an actual Nazi skinhead

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kalstrams posted:

gee it's almost as i were an mtg connoisseur knowledgeable in decks and poo poo and not just paraphrasing my superficial interest in whether if he did exhibit behaviour similar to what his appearance did suggest

Whatever I think your just a trick rear end Mark

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also Bingles should post more dogs because I miss my shih tzu

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kustomkarkommando posted:

I'm sorry that dog is ugly binow

Shut your whore mouth

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

site posted:

When I run for office my issues page is just gonna read full communism now and have a scan of the page where the punisher blows up a boat full of investment bankers and sharks eat the survivors.

It's even better, he blows up a yacht full of Literally Enron and sharks eat the survivors

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Remember when 3o complained about the sound of children playing by the pool

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

site posted:

That run made me wish Frank took on more white collar crime.

It's probably my favorite bit of satire slash social commentary Ennis has ever done

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I just reread Old Man Logan and now I'm even more disappointed that we never got a follow up that was basically Lone Wolf and Cub with Wolverine and a baby Hulk bringing the law back to the post apocalyptic western wasteland

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That said the current old man Logan book that's a preemptive revenge/change the future book is really good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chantilly Say posted:

It rules

Like much of that run

That entire run is very good at worst and amazing at best

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've got 80 minutes left and I'm bored outta my gourd

Literally nothing to do

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

site posted:

I went through almost all of ask Chris and I have a little more respect for Batman and Superman now.

He's as obsessed with Batman as you are.

No no no I'm not that obsessed with Batman

That dude is a Batmanologist

Similarly he is not as obsessed with toku as I am

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The best Ask Chris is the one where he determines if a guy is getting his money's worth out of a stack of Punisher back issues

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also check out Bizarro Back Issues, his other long running column which is about exactly what the title says

The newest one is about Batman and Superman fighting gnomes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

site posted:

And the guy just barely squeaked by.

I'm kinda peeved that he explicitly doesn't do articles on the marvel u and as far as I can tell ca doesn't have any article series on the topic except for a dumb podcast which I'm not gonna sit around and listen to.

He definitely does articles about Marvel stuff on occasion but that's also a thing that I'm ins anely familiar with and can probably do at least as well as him so like

What do you want to know

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

A Winner is Jew posted:

LTW:

including suicide squad and batman vs superman as candidates, what would be the worst super hero movie ever made?

Like that currently exists or theoretical ones

Currently existing it's probably Catwoman

Theoretical/future ones is Aquaman

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Batman and Robin is secretly amazing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

site posted:

tbh nothing in particular really. I just figured he'd have some interesting knowledge to drop on the subject.

I did want to see what he thought about marvel recasting Hyperion as a good guy since he did that article on how Superman doesn't really work for the MU though.

They recast him more explicitly as a god among people who are totally unlike him which is probably the best way to handle the character

The issue of Avengers where he bonds with the children is probably the best story you could do about him

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

A Winner is Jew posted:

currently existing (although ones slated to come out this year count)

and holy poo poo i totally forgot not only that that movie exists, but that it killed halle berry's career

My second vote is Elektra because a spin off of a failed movie about a supporting character whose story is goofy as gently caress even if you read comics and loving insane if you don't is just a terrible idea

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gravel Gravy posted:

I've watched it more than I have Dark Knight Rises so yes I agree.

Dark Knight Rises is unsecretly amazing

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

site posted:

That issue was the one I specifically had in mind lol

Yeah Marvel is smart enough these days to not try to humanize their godlike beings too much with the exception of Jane Foster as Thor but that's a story specific thing

Those kinds of beings are like insanely antithetical to the marvel u as a whole so they don't try and make them everyone's bud and the best dude ever like Superman

And I love Superman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Batman v Superman is def gonna be the worst superhero movie of the post-Iron Man age

• Locked thread