Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Play 433 with front three of Vardy Kane and Lallanna or Sterling midfield three of Dier Alli and idk Noble or Drinkwater and back four of Clyne Smalling Cahill and Cresswell. Please do not let Rooney or Walcott near this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

straight up brolic posted:

Why the gently caress is Roy Hodgson still England manager?

Genuinely no one else who is England and worth sacking him for. Which is depressing.

To be fair, the WC was a great shame but it was qualified for at a canter, as were the Euros. He makes annoying squad selections too often but at least he's trying to play the right starting XI (the starting eleven versus Italy was quite adventurous for him with a good performance despite losing).

I think we will win the group, get past some frauds in the second round then lose to a bigger side in the quarters. Same as it ever was.

I am looking forward to Kane and Vardy schooling some euro failure garbage men.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I've got friends going over to France and I really, really wish I could afford to :(

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Breath Ray posted:

you can travel to France quite cheaply these days

I'd even mega bus it across the channel but accommodation prices will be murder over there.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I enjoyed the England game and thought they looked good. No one played particularly badly though that defence needs work. I could watch the Vardy goal as a vine for the rest of time.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

JFairfax posted:

Wayne Rooney has scored 6 goals at international tournaments

5 of those were in Euro 2004.

1 of those was at World Cup 2014

His best performance at a tournament was when he was young, since then he has done precisely gently caress all to warrant him waltzing back into the starting team.

I am in agreeance with you, but he scored one at Euro 2012.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

JFairfax posted:

true, but it was a penalty in a shoot out... so does that count?

Winner against Ukraine mate.

Thing is, he's truly only had one shocker of a tournament, that was 2010. He was injured 2006, 2012 had two games and did reasonably in both of them and I thought he played well in the two meaningful games in 2014. But he has not excelled and been world class since 2004, and his lack of tournament goals before 2012 was an albatross that made him try too hard. If i remember correctly he had a load of chances against Uruguay before scoring the equaliser.

On current form and fitness he can't be near the team, but he should be on the bench and there with the squad as captain with his experience. He CAN offer something but there are others in that squad who can do his on the pitch role as well as he can, if not better.

I reckon Roy might fancy the 442 diamond in the summer with Kane and Vardy up top, I reckon that could have potential.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Yeah the Ukrainian keeper let a gerrard shot under him, it popped up into the air and Rooney nodded it in. It was the easiest goal he will ever score.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Now I feel loving stupid for seriousposting in this thread.

It's coming home lol

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Smalling and Stones.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Wilshere is good though? Delighted that fraud Theo isn't going.

I like the squad.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I'd have picked Defoe over Rashford but that's about it.

Midfield four of Dier, Wilshere, Henderson/Milner and Ali behind Vardy and Kane and I'm happy

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Fair point re Noble, he's earned at least a Barton esque call up for a meaningless friendly or qualifier away at Bongo Bongo Land.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

If we cut Stones we have two centre halves. Don't be mental.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Shrapnig posted:

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. There's no way England are winning anything.

England could win it.

They probably won't, but they could.

There's no clear favourite and of those who you could single out, France, Germany, Spain etc, then England have had varying success against them. If Roy plays the right XI I think England should top the group and it's all go from there.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

If Dier isn't in your starting eleven then you're a loving clown.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Raffles posted:

i think we'll lose to wales and draw the other two and then maybe get a 3rd place qualifier? idk.

hodgeson is a garbageman and the fact he is still manager after coming bottom the last world cup group is proof no one does or should care about the england team anymore.

Actual lol at anyone thinking England won't win this group with at least seven points.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Sorry yeah I forgot we were up against the footballing power houses of Wales, Russia and Slovakia.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

sassassin posted:

Jack Wilshere got turned inside out by half of Wales u18s a few weeks ago.

Can't wait to see Vardy and Kane absolutely clown that shithouse fraud Williams so much he cries like a lil b*tch

Don't sign your posts.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

blue footed boobie posted:

These teams are all pretty decent tbh.

Slovakia have a defender who is so poo poo he can't dislodge Kolo loving Toure from a team with European aspirations. Russia are a spent force, years of Capello mismanagement. Wales have the most expensive player in the world playing the best football of his life at Real Madrid, and Joe Allen.

It's coming home.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Wayne Rooney had scored in every euros he has played in.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Good post Ewar.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Just did the excel spreadsheet wallchart and had England losing to penalties to Portugal in the quarter finals. It would be ten years to the day it happened at the World Cup. Narrative.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

sassassin posted:

There are at least ten English midfielders in the Premier League better at the job than Rooney has been when playing there for United this season.

That's definitely true. Wilshere being one.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Ewar Woowar posted:

Vardy has to start imo. Play a 442 diamond.

Yeah this

I only properly watched second half but game didn't tell us what we didn't know. We may have to outscore good teams.

I believe we will top the group though.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Well, it's not like we can sign Gerard Pique is it?

Dier and Drinkwater in midfield, Alli and Rooney ahead of them, hope for the best.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I enjoy watching England in tournaments because gently caress it what else in life is worth living for

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

A fan of Lallana so would like to see him do well.

Annoyed it's 433, really think diamond is the way forward.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Just saw that! Fair fucks.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

JFairfax posted:

been a bit poo poo since the goal

I could live with boring as long as they kept the loving ball. Only solace is that it's a completely second string front six.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

What did Henderson do wrong exactly? Hes not glamorous I appreciate but not sure what he did so badly.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Ninpo posted:

But he plays for Liverpool so gently caress him he's shite

I think thats the main argument against him On The Internet.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Spangly A posted:

asking Jamie Vardy to assist the fullbacks is unforgiveably stupid

his whole existence is a loving counter threat, why would you even call him up if you're not going to let him do his job

Completely true. Last night was so frustrating to watch.

Think he will go 433 next Saturday now.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Hearing reports from my mates out there that our lads ran some Russians into the port. Makes you proud. Looking forward to smashing the Ruskies 3-1 tonight on the field and all night long off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

The Wales game will be a cracker. Wonder what formation we will go for.

• Locked thread