Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
SMT IV is a good game. The first smt game I've played was Strange Journey and the sprites looked a little more normal there because everything was 2D and now in IV they're sprites on a 3D background. It's a little bit weird but it's not a big deal. I'm doing the challenge quest where you kill Orthus and I don't have nearly enough money to get armor that isn't weak to fire. Is fundraising or whatever it's called worth it or should I just grind for gryphon talons and relics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
just sell something, i think you start off with some healing stuff you dont really need that sells for 500 or 1000 macca

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the fundraise abiliy is good yes

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Is Fundraising the one that gives macca for talking/recruiting to demons? If so then yeah. Pretty much all the skills that offer recruitment or Talk bonuses are worth it

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I wasted a bunch of app points getting space for my demons gently caress

i guess i was going to get them anyway

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Constr posted:

I wasted a bunch of app points getting space for my demons gently caress

i guess i was going to get them anyway

yeah but you don't really need them early on

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

yeah but you don't really need them early on

yeah that's why i hosed up

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

its not that big a deal you get a lot of app points just keep fighting and fusing. everything about this game is awesome

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
do you only get app points from levelling?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

get the apps that help you talk to the monsters so you can recruit them but i kinda forget

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Doctor Goat posted:

do you only get app points from levelling?

there's items that give u app points but u don't get your first ones until much later in the game iirc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tumor looking batty posted:

get the apps that help you talk to the monsters so you can recruit them but i kinda forget

that one is negotiate. i think the money ones are a bit nicer early on because you're strapped for cash and u can always just re-try for demon recruiting

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://imgur.com/a/Y2Grr

the amazon and gamestop costumes are less hideous than i thought they'd be but the third dlc one is fugly

i didnt even take a picture of it

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 18, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope final doesn't come out until winter because I'm going to be busy trying to beat all 3 FE games for the next 6 months ish

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao the amazon one

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
they at least tried to make the amazon smile look like zippers

someone give e hot tips on negotiating, i either give way too much to a demon who doesnt wanna join or i say no too early

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I hope final doesn't come out until winter because I'm going to be busy trying to beat all 3 FE games for the next 6 months ish

i hope it comes out at all in europe. im not above buying an NTSC 3ds just to play it though

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

i hope it comes out at all in europe. im not above buying an NTSC 3ds just to play it though

Has Atlus snubbed Euros before? It might arrive late but i think it'll still arrive

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Has Atlus snubbed Euros before? It might arrive late but i think it'll still arrive

well, smt iv came out a year after america as eshop only. but i suppose it did come out. but frankly SMT iv final hasnt even been announced for america yet

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Doctor Goat posted:

they at least tried to make the amazon smile look like zippers

someone give e hot tips on negotiating, i either give way too much to a demon who doesnt wanna join or i say no too early

it's pretty random iirc

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i didn't buy anything and i'm getting owned because everyone explodes in one hit and i dont have healing items

if only i'd worn the AmazonŽ SmileŽ armor

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Atlus is weird with releases outside of Japan/NA

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i found it easy to recruit demons by granting the demons their first request and then refusing all of the others, or maybe granting 1 more cheap request after refusing a bunch. in my experience it doesnt work often on the fairy race and maybe 1 or 2 others though. and aim for the scout+ app cos u get 2 demons instead of 1 by recruiting

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Has anything come out about a localization for SMTIV Final?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nope, it's slightly distressing that there's been no news but I suspect it'll happen.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i think the usual strategy for recruiting was give them the first thing they want, cheat the second, and refuse the third. i had pretty good luck with that but it's pretty random.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

it's pretty random iirc

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like to press A after the third wiggle of the pokeball

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao. goldmine

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lol

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yo fundraising pro tip. Paralyze them first.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
got the gun:madmax:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hear the older games are practically unplayable but the spritework was rly cool

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hear the older games are practically unplayable but the spritework was rly cool

these own

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the early smts havent aged all that badly

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
The black demonica makes me feel like a badass.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Doctor Goat posted:

the early smts havent aged all that badly

Yeah. They're a little more difficult than average, but still well worth a playthrough.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Yeah. They're a little more difficult than average, but still well worth a playthrough.

smt4 made me cry so this doesnt sound too good for me

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
smt4 wasn't that hard + it was the first one I played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

frank.club posted:

smt4 wasn't that hard + it was the first one I played

this, except if you count Persona 3 which was probably the easiest JRPG-for-babies I've ever played

• Locked thread