Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The Daily Heil disliking someone should make anyone who isn't a petty little Middle England fascist more favourably disposed to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
So, Channel 4 did a decent enough job. If not for the occasional ad break and Suzi Perry being replaced by Sylar, you'd hardly realise it was no longer on the BBC.

Qualli itself was arse, though.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Halo/canopy/nothing, V6/8/10/12, who gives a crap? F1 is about a bunch of middle-aged autists, con artists and failed drivers stabbing each other in the back while an ancient little goblin watches and laughs, and anything else that happens is a mere sideshow.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

El Hefe posted:

I hated Max the minute I saw him, I knew he was a little poo poo.
Cacks Verstapooen.

I didn't like him from the start either. I call it the 'Eddie Irvine effect'; I disliked Irvine from his first race because Murray wouldn't shut up about how great he was. But at least Irvine didn't look like a frog.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Time for a reminder that the cheapest (legal) way to get Sky F1 is to pay £27.50 a month (on top of whatever other subscriptions you're paying) for a sports package - that's an extra £330 a year, more than twice the licence fee. gently caress Sky.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

dreesemonkey posted:

Cord cutting is less competition based because almost anyone can get 2 satellite TV providers in addition to any cable choice they have (which, to be fair, is a monopoly). The sentiment is more "Why am I going to pay $100/mo for all this poo poo when I may only watch two shows?"
That's my feeling exactly when it comes to Sky. They would want me to pay 50% as much again on top of what I already pay for cable (including my broadband!) each month for effectively one extra channel, because I don't give a poo poo about anything else on Sky Sports. A channel that many weeks wouldn't even have an event on, at that!

Hell, when Virgin Media tried to increase my subscription by £3 a month just because they were adding a new BT Sport channel, I ranted at them until they not only threw it in for free but also cut the price of my sub by a third and upped my broadband speed. So gently caress paying almost £30 a month more just so Bernie can get another Hublot polished with the tears of an orphan.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Norns posted:

So stupid. It's free advertising.
No no no, you're missing the point. You're supposed to pay FOM to advertise!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

learnincurve posted:

Lewis is in trouble again and it's with the FOM. Someone accidentally mashed some buttons and by some fluke found his snapchat and discovered that he had been uploading video from within the paddock, unless you have paid though the nose for the privilege you are not allowed to do this.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/228776/1/hamilton-defends-snapchat-use.html
Bernie wouldn't even let his own daughter shoot in the paddock. Tamara had a wheeze that she could use her connection to, y'know, the man who runs F1 to get exclusive material for a TV show she planned to make, but Bernie went "LOL nope" and she ended up getting nothing more than Trentham Sleaves could have managed by hanging around at the security gate.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

go3 posted:

Current day F1 is basically the height of trickle down economics
As in, the men at the top piss on everyone else and tell them it's raining.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Just watched the highlights and haven't laughed so much at an F1 race for ages. Frogmouth Verstapooen binning it, Dan's pitstop and podium sad-face, the Sauber clown car crash, Kimi skating along on his front wing, Lewis squirting his froth into Justin Bieber's eager waiting mouth... but the absolute high point was Hulk overtaking Rosberg right on the line. gently caress yeah! I actually cheered as I laughed.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

learnincurve posted:

That or there was a fault with with his MGU. iirc his hasn't been changed yet and would have reached the end of it's predicted life at the end of Monaco.
Or, and bear with me on this, Rosberg is not a very good driver. A fraud, if you will.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
This is exactly as boring as my wife thinks the whole sport is.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Scrap superlicences, derestrict the technical specs for more of a 'run what ya brung' and bring back pre-qualifying. The world needs more Andrea Modas.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Is F1 shown on free-to-air TV in Spain? I'm going over there towards the end of the season.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

1500quidporsche posted:

Clive James was awesome. I wish there was just a compilation of all the little things he said on youtube or something.
Clive James gave us "the perfidious Ecclestone" long before the rest of the world knew how true that was.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Human Grand Prix posted:

Sauber is blaming Ferrari for their poo poo weekend at Spa.
What about all the other weekends? :rimshot:

Seriously, though, I'd forgotten Sauber were there at all. Even Manor got more screen time. Just shows they should never have fired Are Kamui.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Ah, Felipe Baby. You didn't stay cool.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Jedit posted:

quote:

F1-branded trucks roll off the planes in some Arabian backwater, the coverings fall away and SURPRISE Apache gunships and Abrams tanks driven by mercenary leader Pastor Maldonado pop out and crash into the corrupt oppressive government, bringing freedom and democracy to the cheering crowds.
Fixed.
Super-fixed.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

1500quidporsche posted:

The Ferrari-Sauber-Haas World Spectacular.
Force India-Sauber-Haas.

FISH.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

wicka posted:

On my flight back from Singapore, there was a six-hour stopover in Dubai. This is fine. The Emirates lounges in Dubai are exceptional, although they do not compare to the Turkish Airlines lounge in Istanbul, which is amazing. The only problem in Istanbul is that you might end up with someone blowing the place up when you are sipping your Chardonnay…
I wondered why Sniff Petrol hadn't had an F1 report from Trentham Sleaves recently. Turns out he's no longer necessary, as his inspiration is now beyond parody.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Where would we get our F1 entertainment if Lewis wasn't a whiny baby? Certainly not on the track.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

You Am I posted:

I hate how po-faced the Sky commentators are.

"Oh he swore, tut tut, you wouldn't hear someone from the British Empire doing that. Oh no, stiff upper lip and think of the Queen, that's what we'd do"
Every time I see the Sky boys' club lined up together, I think "I bet every single one of them voted Leave."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

simplefish posted:

we might even get driver fisticuffs back again
When was the last proper driver barney? Sutil vs Trulli in Brazil?

• Locked thread