Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Holy poo poo, is that legal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How many front wings does seb have left :ohdear:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

He could lead a lap before his engine failure.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Sebs managed to get supersofts to work for 25 laps....

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Safety car could make rosberg's tires last to the end.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Rosberg may be okay here, I suspect they're going to need to pit both of them again.

I think hamilton backed off to get clear air with the expectation that rosberg will pit and he won't.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

perfect!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

How close are they now that this race ended the way it did?

hamilton 142,. rosberg 153

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

El Hefe posted:

lol at Lewis getting booed

I would imagine there are more germans there than brits, what with tickets and travel to the event now costing brits 10% more

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Niki is so full of poo poo "break problem" my arse.

Brake problem, the pedal wasn't pushed soon enough.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

thegasman2000 posted:

Is niki the only person who thinks Nico is innocent? Stupid melty face. Also gently caress off toto a break issue is safety related and you could have told him.

I don't think even Nico thinks Nico is innocent at this point.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"Rosberg surprised Hamilton turned in"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

10 second penalty for causing the crash, meaning instead of finishing 14 seconds ahead of ricciardo, he finished 4 seconds ahead of ricciardo. only a reprimand for driving with a damaged car.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fuuuuuuck, 0.1 seconds from hamilton being out of Q2.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rosberg cleared of speeding under yellows, somehow still set the best qualifying lap while slowing down in the sector under yellow.

10 cars didn't set a time in qualifying within 107% of the top time, so they are being placed according to times set in practice 3. Definitely the 6 out in Q1, possibly all 10

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dubs posted:

no he wasnt

CANT YOU FUCKIN READ IFIOT

I'm just going by what the people who's opinion matters say.

Also, in terms of the 107% thing, they're kinda half applying the rule, allowing the cars outside of the 107% to start, but still allowing red bull, force india, and bottas keep their place, otherwise red bull would be dropped to 13th and 14th.

https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/756934299727695872

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Halo14 posted:

Bit rude from the Ferrari guys.

Rude ferrari guys? well i never.

I don't know why he's so pleasant about that. They're always like that, he should just walk up and start poo poo talking how far back they are.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

Nando on podium

Okay, maybe not anything.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A mclaren retiring? what are the chances.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Farmland Park posted:

Is it just me, or is the sound mix really bad for the radios? I can't hear a drat thing.

Its fine for me, button was just told to stay out, and he said "just great, what a race from hell this is going to be"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

pik_d posted:

I think his brake pedal was going to the floor, and they lost hydraulic pressure

Might not be brake, he was told not to change gear, which is separate system.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Siva68 posted:

Oh, haha. Thought it was gonna be something super offensive.

In england, that is super offensive. They're probably going to get loads of letters from angry old people and somebody is going to be fired.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You can see verstappen making a bunch of little mistakes. He's gonna take a chunk out of kimi before this is all done.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Mercedes may have lost the race here.

At the very least, we should actually see a race.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Watch mercedes gently caress up hamilton's pit stop and give rosberg a perfect one.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well, back to the parade, i guess.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rosberg catching up, he still has a chance of taking hamilton out.

A dan-vettel-kimi podium is possible.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

Nico spun his car trying to pass a child, he's definitely not *legitimately* passing HAM

He doesn't have to pass, just drive right through him.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Jesus Kimi is on it today :stare:

Good job.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Verstappen was losing the spot anyways, that damage will keep kimi from catching dan.

Ramming someone is only a 10 sec penalty now, i'd image forcing them to ram you will be the same.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

verstappen's a loving snitch.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

With all this loving teasing, if nothing happens before the finish, i'm going to be pissed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HJB posted:

Stoffel Vandoorne

That sounds like the bad guy in a teen movie trying to turn the ski resort into a private club and evict all the orphans.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Apparently Kimi won driver of the day for that race. For his brilliant performance in complaining about infants.

If he didn't get taken out by verstappen's drunken swerving, he could have legimately worked his way from 14th to the podium.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Now if only they could get an engine that could last a race, they could start finishing 5th.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wicka posted:

one of the points they make in the article is that they have to compromise downforce in order to reduce drag and make up for the limits of the honda engine. the chassis itself is on par with ferrari despite them intentionally designing it to be technically worse than it could be. which is hilarious. so if they had a faster engine they would be gaining much more speed than just that added HP.

The irony here being honda's lack of investment in their road car engines being felt in F1, polar opposite of what happened to ford.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

They're arguably in the best shape going into 2017 because every team is going to have to strike some compromise due to the fuel flow limits and bigger cars. Its not going to be a case of stapling on as much down force as you can find anymore.

I don't see how wider tires that can last a whole race will benefit lovely engines.

Mercedes will run the board in 2017 bankrupting manor, sauber and hass forcing sweeping changes in 2018 making room for at least 4 chinese teams. You can quote me on this

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Honda can fix their engine in 2017 and the fuel flow regs are going to actually come into significance now that the cars are big enough to cause a significant amount of drag. McLaren are the only team who have had to play that balancing act this year.

If Honda could fix their engines in 2017, they would in 2016.

its Toyota redux.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

if piitting the race leader or setting record sector times under yellow are 10 second penalties, running a 3 liter v12 should only be 15 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Lewis and Rosberg's relationship seems to be completely toxic now. I know its wishful thinking but please let Rosberg be able to take the fight to the final round because its absolutely going to end in a crash between them.

Let's just hope we get a fistfight on the podium at some point.

• Locked thread