Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Can we have another race where Rosberg wipes himself out again? Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

What happened to Kimi? Did he time his laps wrong with the wet surface?

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

What happened to Kimi? Did he time his laps wrong with the wet surface?

3rd in WDC behind the two Mercs is what happened to Kimi :q:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Kimi WDC 2016

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Loved Hamiltons body language when he parked the car :D. Should make for an interesting race.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Seriously what is wrong with Ted Kravitz

https://vine.co/v/5mdhb6YjD90

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Special Ted.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I was looking to get a copy of Lauda's autobiography on Amazon and I came across this cool and good review from a proper American

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1J8OSJJYI8EYN/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=087938218X

quote:

Niki Lauda spends most of this book insulting people he is giving back handed compliments to. He is an Austrian and as most know, an Austrian is a rich German much as a Swiss is a rich Austrian. It must have been hell to be around him, an admitted self-centered egotistical driver in the biggest sports franchise Europe can muster. Americans came up with a term to describe Niki and his ilk, Eurotrash. How Mercedes Benz chose him to be part of their present F1 operation is a testament to how F1 is a club. Since Niki and supremeo Bernie go way back, it is entirely plausible a character like Lauda would find continued employment with "the sport." Reading this book made me glad more than ever to be an American and free of the paradigm of "the old world."

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Because I find it amusing how physically fit and concentrated an F1 driver is assumed to be, here's Lewis merrily watching a film less than 12 hours before he's gonna try do a bundle of consistently fast laps for an hour and a half.

Also just before this he was strolling through town which actually looked real nice and I'm super envious of just how much culture tourism he gets to do in his 'job'.

e- he got interviewed after Silverstone I think saying he barely gets more than 4-5 hours sleep even after working out on that day, so welp genetics.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

If I remember correctly Hungaroring is one of those places where You Shall Not Pass! and so those two coming together is completely inevitable.

It will be glorious, maybe this time they'll take each other out.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

andyf posted:

Because I find it amusing how physically fit and concentrated an F1 driver is assumed to be, here's Lewis merrily watching a film less than 12 hours before he's gonna try do a bundle of consistently fast laps for an hour and a half.

Also just before this he was strolling through town which actually looked real nice and I'm super envious of just how much culture tourism he gets to do in his 'job'.

e- he got interviewed after Silverstone I think saying he barely gets more than 4-5 hours sleep even after working out on that day, so welp genetics.

stunned - absolutely STUNNED - that lewis is watching such a good film

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Fitness hasnt been as important since the hybrids came in.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I was looking to get a copy of Lauda's autobiography on Amazon and I came across this cool and good review from a proper American

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1J8OSJJYI8EYN/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=087938218X

I read this quote as "Confirmed, the WEC knows what they are doing and is the best motorsports series"

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

GP3s didn't make it to the first corner without someone flipping his car over

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

funeral fag posted:

GP3s didn't make it to the first corner without someone flipping his car over

GP2 weren't going to be outdone

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

NtotheTC posted:

There's little point in beating a dead horse now that Rosberg is cleared but gently caress him anyway: https://streamable.com/5ssk

How the hell that counts as a significant reduction in speed I have no idea.

This is at least the 3rd race in a row where Rosberg doesn't get a proper penalty after cheating

- Austria: Used his car as a weapon trying to push our Lewis into the tire wall Burnout-style
- Britain: Broke his gearbox while activating an illegal engine mode and had to be coached about getting the car working
and now this

In the interests of transparency, our Boris should demand a list of the names and nationalities of the FIA's permanent stewards. I wouldn't be surprised to find a certain Nicky Louder among them

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
FIA in unwilling to punish drivers and teams leading the championship shocker, it's disgusting, you ram your championship rival off the road taking both of you out, and what does the FIA do? Nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JknW7h8DS0s

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
loving Facebook ads triggering my rage this morning http://imgur.com/FoGnYMU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol red bull drivers get given Aston martins to drive, Kvyat got a skoda octavia.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

quote:

Niki Lauda spends most of this book insulting people he is giving back handed compliments to. He is an Austrian and as most know, an Austrian is a rich German much as a Swiss is a rich Austrian. It must have been hell to be around him, an admitted self-centered egotistical driver in the biggest sports franchise Europe can muster. Americans came up with a term to describe Niki and his ilk, Eurotrash. How Mercedes Benz chose him to be part of their present F1 operation is a testament to how F1 is a club. Since Niki and supremeo Bernie go way back, it is entirely plausible a character like Lauda would find continued employment with "the sport." Reading this book made me glad more than ever to be an American and free of the paradigm of "the old world."

Sick burn.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky think nando deliberately spun to lock down 7th and gently caress Lewis and Seb.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
What is worse, dentist visit or being interviewed by Ted? Let's analyze the faces of interviewees.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

learnincurve posted:

Sky think nando deliberately spun to lock down 7th and gently caress Lewis and Seb.

Anything which effects lewis is a massive conspiracy according to sky.

Sky have been really cringey with all things lewis.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The Croc posted:

Anything which effects lewis is a massive conspiracy according to sky.

Sky have been really cringey with all things lewis.

This race is broadcast on C4, why are you watching sky?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Because we paid money for Sky.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Because C4 took like 3 or 4 minutes to mention that people had switched to slicks in Q3 yesterday.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Massa's car is totally hosed, young max's car is "undrivable"

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Bit rude from the Ferrari guys.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Halo14 posted:

Bit rude from the Ferrari guys.

Rude ferrari guys? well i never.

I don't know why he's so pleasant about that. They're always like that, he should just walk up and start poo poo talking how far back they are.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Yeah but still...

Whoa Alan Jones.

Didn't know Max could play piano!

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 24, 2016

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Halo14 posted:

Yeah but still...

Whoa Alan Jones.

Didn't know Max could play piano!

I was pretty happy to see our AJ :australia:

I love the pit walks.... so awkward.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
alright, dry start?
Massa having issues?
that all i missed?

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

itsjustdrew posted:

alright, dry start?
Massa having issues?
that all i missed?

Verstappen's car is handling like poo poo too. Anything can happen!

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

itsjustdrew posted:

alright, dry start?
Massa having issues?
that all i missed?

Also, Sure Active won't let you down.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

td4guy posted:

Nando on podium

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

Nando on podium

Okay, maybe not anything.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Also, Sure Active won't let you down.

IRONY

td4guy posted:

Doesn't it always? :v:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ARE DAN

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Shitberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005