Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Xenophon posted:

A few non-controversial choices:
The Manchurian Candidate
All the President's Men
Milk

The 2004 Manchurian Candidate is sort of poo poo (boring and overdramatic) in a lot of places. I blame lovely editing and eyerolling choice of "feel this emotion now" music. Denzel Washington and Liev Schreiber's performances strike me as unbelievable/overdone at times.

The story still holds up though.

My entries

Wag the Dog (expect goofy poo poo)
The Lives of Others (really more about surveillance but hey)
Election (how did MTV of all companies make THIS :catstare:)

If you want office politics watch Swimming with Sharks with Kevin Spacey

A really good political/intrigue but historical thriller is Elizabeth (1998) starring Kate Blanchett, Geoffrey Rush (kills in this movie), Daniel Craig as a no poo poo Vatican Assassin :allears:

Helical Nightmares has issued a correction as of 16:42 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

Yeah, Waltz with Bashir was pretty good. Also, while not really a political movie, White House Down holds a soft spot in my heart since its a movie that features actual right wing American terrorists, which I find is pretty rare.

Only other one I can think of is The Rock.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Airforce One

"Get off of my plane." - Han Solo

...I haven't seen it :negative:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Purely about office politics but Swimming with Sharks (Kevin Spacey) is a fantastic film.

• Locked thread