Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

:kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Random question...

It seems my female cats have always had really strong personalities, while my males have mostly been chill bros with quirks.

For example, Isabelle -- formerly my cat, now my mom's because she couldn't handle a multi-cat home -- is really demanding about sticking to THE SCHEDULE. She chases you around and yells at you if you're not in bed on time. She's also prissy and very particular about demanding attention and being under the blankets.

Geki is becoming somewhat the same. She's developing these daily routines, and is very clever when it comes to making sure she gets attention when she wants it. She prefers to chirp and trill instead of meow. She's not prissy, but she is specific about how and when she wants play time (or cuddle time).

Norris, meanwhile, just wants to be a cuddly dope. He's chill. Doesn't care when we play or when we cuddle. Begs for food but won't complain if he doesn't get it right away. I can handle him however. My other past males (Hiro and Wedge and Pooh and Merriweather) have all pretty much been the same. Butterscotch appears to be similar.

Has this held true for anyone else, or do you think it's just in how they get socialized around me?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

They're looking great, Chili!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'll drop by IRC today and see if we can get it working again. :haw:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Congratulations, Gummi! :unsmith:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Norris has had mild to moderate dandruff for years despite eating only The Good Stuff.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Apparently cat_herder and I are the go-to people for critical situations. We have our first of the year, a 4 day old named Tank. He came to us from across the state after he failed to bond with a surrogate litter. Let the sleep deprivation begin.

No pics at the moment because our apartment is really dim after sunset. I'll try to remember to get one tomorrow.

ETA: He didn't last the night :(

So glad you were there to at least make the attempt, Zedd. :shobon:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

"Hey everyone, and welcome to the latest episode of The Butters Show! On today's podcast, I'm going to discuss healthy greens, catnip infusions, and the latest Star Wars trailer!"

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Cow kitties!!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Spongebob. :colbert:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hello, kittens! What nice names you have!

Wow, that pup has some big pink ears. Adorable. :kimchi:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

GOD I WANT TO ADOPT THOSE SIAMESE BABIES IMMEDIATELY.

Did you get a new webcam, Chili? The streaming setup is looking really nice!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Chili posted:

Haha, no. I used my new cellphone. It was much easier and I didn't need to bother you for 3 hours. Now that you have no obligations to help with my webcam situation, you should probably go back to thunderdome.

Like that's what's kept me away!! The Thunderdome is a scary place!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

This video is unavailable!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

What a pretty lady.

Today I'm bringing home a little guy to terrorize Norris:

It's about a 50/50 split between us keeping him and us fostering for a few weeks only; it depends very much on how Norris and Geki react. He's a street baby. Haven't yet met him in person. His brother, the gray-and-white you can barely see, is already off to a permanent residence.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

KIRK! He is tiny, he is clumsy, he is clingy as velcro:

On the first night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oar1JwEciyA

On the third day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-6G9ysdTaI

Day four:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0rPnYxE8wo

And now he and Geki are inseparable playbuddies.

He's a good boy, but very, very clingy. We had a rough night last night because he kept shrieking up a storm from his playpen and just would NOT settle down to sleep unless he was on the bed with us. Made things interesting for me because I had to make sure he could find his litter box and food bowl whenever he appeared to need them. Still, he's a cute little guy, and we're enjoying his company.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I really like the white tips on Stewie's ears! So handsome! I hope he can find a good home without other cats.

Frog is adorable, and Jynx looks a bit like my Norris. :3:

Kirk's SUCH A GOOD BABY, oh my goodness. Last night he slept with us without a peep until 4 AM when he made a couple of loud squeaks to let me know he needed help getting back to his litter box. You see, while he's very good at climbing out of his playpen and up to the top of the bed, the trip back down is daunting.

I'd rather be woken up for a few minutes of litter time than wake up to kitty poo on the bed!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Marchegiana posted:

Our foster Rory goes back to the SPCA today. She still has a little time before she's ready to be adopted, but with all the mayhem here at home (Odin is still sick, I start school Monday and my oldest kid starts drilling for marching band the same day) we felt it would be best for her if she had a foster who could give her more time and attention, especially seeing as she's an older kitten and doesn't have siblings to play with. Considering we got her from a 5-ounce wee thing to a 1 1/2 pound unholy terror of claws and teeth I'm pretty drat proud of that.

Congratulations on the successful care! :shobon:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

How's my foster doing?

He's super handsome, super lovey, super insane, and super healthy. In other words, I've completely failed. Three cats isn't too many, right?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Norris is still my main man, but Kirk is the one who's always happiest to see me come home. Geki, our orange diva and prior foster fail, is such a darling/such a snot. I'll post pics tomorrow!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

TRIPLE

CAT

CLUB

TRIPLE CAT CLUB

(first class upper club)

(meanwhile, below decks...)

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Our little failure foster Kirk had his neutering on Saturday. I was hoping this would keep him chill for a couple of days and prevent him from literally climbing up the walls, but it was not to be. He's still the same. Not even surgery can keep him down.

Congratulations, Butters!!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

My friends invented a method for their night-time fusser that's proven highly successful. Rather than giving a dinner at the evening hour that disappears all-too-quickly, they give out meat popsicles -- a mixture of gushy food and water that's been frozen in a small tupperware container. Cat then gets a meat popsicle that keeps her occupied, fed, and content for the entire night. Maybe you could try something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

My former roommate's assfuck of a cat liked to camp the bird feeder. One day he took down a Baltimore Oriole, which is only common-ish to my area, so before he could finish it off I rescued it and transported it to the local wildlife rescue. It was reported to me that the oriole was rehabbed and released. Doing things like this feels good!

Good luck, hawkbro!