Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
I've been reading about Butterscotch for a while, and been meaning to post this. My wife and I have Butterscotch's doppleganger.

His name is Charlie.

He shares many of Butters' personality traits.

For example, he loves to show his belly.

He loves blankets.

And he's good with technology.

Sometimes, though, Charlie likes to get dressed up when visitors come over.

Even though some visitors don't really like him.

So this is Charlie, a low-fat Butterscotch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

I don't think Charlie quite has gotten the hang of using Google Cardboard.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Pander posted:

Clearly you've never had a conditioned indoor kitty. I'm amazed he could even run, and didn't just slink low and crawl.

My mother has a cat that used to be terrified of going outside, but has gotten more and more bold as time goes on and is now coming back with lizards, birds, and mice in his mouth.

He's a huge cat, very fluffy, and his name is Rex.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Someone had to do it.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
I was bored at work, my apologies.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Chili posted:

Hey all, sorry for slacking with the pictures/videos. Have some!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB1L0YVCVaI

Butter Blanket:

Charlie is literally doing the exact same thing right now. :3:

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Chili posted:

Been too long.

Caption Contest Time!

14/f/cali

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
So you may remember my cat Charlie, aka this guy:

Well recently a friend of ours got a new kitten, named Smew, and brought her over to meet Charlie.

She's very snuggly. (Sorry about the fat gently caress she's sitting on, that's me)

Charlie was skittish about her at first.

But later we saw him possibly trying to groom her.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

I can't believe it's not Butters

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Chili posted:

They slowed down enough for me to get some closeups!

Name: TBD
Sex: Boy

Sex: Girl
(This one is the crazy zooming kitty)

Sex: Girl

Sex: Boy

In order:
Bouillabaise (Billy for short)
Wahoo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahoo)
Marilyn Crab Cake
Cee-Lo (Canth)

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
We're taking care of our friend's 3-month-old kitten Smew for a week.

Our own 10-year-old cat, Charlie, seems to be a bit wary of her.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

business hammocks posted:

Charlie's a good soul to try being friends/tolerating a kitten.

Charlie seems to like Smew. When we put them together, he immediately walks over and sniffs at her, then starts licking her face. Smew will then roll over and grab Charlie's head.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Smew had to go home today, but I got a few more pictures of her before that.

Her interactions with Charlie seem to fall into two categories.

Category 1: All out war

Category 2: All out love

Also, Smew was very glad we still haven't put away the Christmas tree.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
I hope Butterscotch is okay. :(

We may have to take care of my brother's cats, at least for a little while. They are:

Jim

and Dwight.

Charlie was okay with a tiny kitten, but we'll have to see how he does with these two young men. Also, they're brothers.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Yeah I may be part of the Triple Cat Club now. My brother's two cats that I was supposed to be watching for a week? Well it's been almost three weeks now, they're still here.

I'm beginning to doubt that they're going to be going back.

It's okay, they're sweet boys.

They even get along okay with Charlie.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Kavak posted:

Why hasn't he come to get them back?

Many reasons, but the main is that he is living with our mother right now, who owns a large pitbull mix that frightens the hell out of the cats.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
So remember those two cats I was supposed to have for a week, maybe two? Still have them.

Not a problem though, I love them.

Jim is the sweet one.

Dwight is the mischievous one.

Together, they are at best ambivalent about their Uncle Charlie

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Lead out in cuffs posted:

This is actually sounding like the next step for our foster.

About two months ago, she started peeing and pooping *everywhere* when we were doing some travelling. Apparently she gets really anxious when her environment changes. (She was originally surrendered because she started doing this in response to a move and a reno). Anyway, we took her back to the shelter while we finished our summer travels, and have tried to foster her again this week. Unfortunately she's gone outside the litterbox more than in. She's also been through two foster homes before us, and had the same issues.

On the advice of the shelter, we've been trying calming cat hormones (feliway), calming cat supplements (nutricalm), and there is a possible option to put her on SSRIs. We're also trying putting her in a cage while we're out during the day (also on the advice of our foster coordinator), but this is pretty heartbreaking, plus she happily poops/pees when our backs are turned anyway. We also can't really keep living with all of our furniture and rugs either packed away or covered with pee pads.

This sounds so much like my cat Charlie. He's got a peeing problem, and we keep him in a cage while we're out. A very large cage, technically a crate made for a very large dog. This was our last resort, we'd tried Feliway diffusers and spray, we'd tried that cleaner that supposed to repel him, we tried the litter with catnip in it, we tried keeping his litter box meticulously clean, nothing worked. It was either this or get rid of him.

He's got food, water, litter, bedding and we let him out for hours daily, but he's in there while we sleep and we're away. He still pees out the back of his cage, but we put down pee pads.

We can't get rid of him. He belonged to my wife's aunt and we got him when she died. He's super sweet, and very friendly to everyone. He's also 11 or so years old and quite fat, so he may not be a problem for much longer. :(

Here's the picture tax:

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
We live far away and already have three cats - including Butterscotch's doppleganger. Otherwise we'd be all over adopting Butters.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
We just adopted our fourth cat, this time from a local rescue. She might be better described as a cat-shaped void.

Meet Roxanne, Roxie for short.

The orange boy is Charlie, our senior cat.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Guys, there hasn't been a Butters post in a long time. I'm starting to get worried. :ohdear:

My own Butters impersonator for content:

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

My old man Charlie is insanely jealous. He had to have most of his teeth removed.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Say hi to Monty. He was free at the shelter because he's 8 years old and no one else wanted him. He used to be a stray, and apparently has a BB still lodged in his shoulder from when some rear end in a top hat shot him. It also may be causing him nerve damage.

He naps on the giant bean bag.

He naps on ottomans.

Sometimes he naps with Douglas, another former stray.

He occasionally finds time to have a portrait taken.

smilingfish fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 21, 2023

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Ofecks posted:

I love his (presumably) permanent stinkface.

Yeah, his mouth is also a little messed up from having some teeth taken out. Sometimes he just has his tongue hanging out.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
I saw an "I Can't Believe It's Not Butters" at the pet store and it made me realize it's been radio silence from the boy himself. Is everything okay? Can we please get an update on the buttery boy?

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Chili posted:

He's doing great, my life has just been a bit of a dumpster fire. I'll get some pics up soon.

Sorry to hear that, don't worry too much about the pictures, I'm glad he's doing good.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Monty has decided that my wife doesn't need to go to work today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
I'm so sorry. We've been following Butterscotch for years, he feels like a part of the SA family.

You took care of him for so long. As much as he made your life better, you made his better. He honestly could not have had a better human than you. He's gone where pain can't find him.

He looks just like my boy Charlie who is 16.

Is there a local shelter or charity we can donate to in his memory?