Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blood simple
Apr 10, 2010
Tens of thousands of everyday Americans simply abandoned their everyday life - workers walked out of the office, students stopped attending classes, husbands and wives left their families behind - all to join in the eclectic people's crusade that traveled the country. The old man no longer had to even announce a rally - somehow people knew where to be. There was a strange energy to it all.

Bernie had chosen a scenic green mound in the wilderness of Ohio to give his latest sermon. By this point he had long stopped wearing the traditional blue suits he had enjoyed in the Senate, and had adopted simpler homemade robes his wife Jane had sewn together for the occasion.

"My fellow Americans," He began, and the masses were enraptured. "In my view, a society where 1 percent of the population controls 90 percent of the wealth is simply unconscionable. Only the dictatorship of the proletariat, as envisioned by Marxist scientists, can be tolerated."

Bernie continued giving his stump speech. It had only grown more radical as the campaign kept going, and not everything the mad prophet said made much sense, yet it didn't seem to matter to his followers. They were down 30 points in polls, and the migratory communal society they had built no longer stopped to even vote in the primaries anymore. They were building a new world, right then and there.

"What we have started here with this campaign, is a political revolution. We have told the billionaire class that enough is enough, the American people have awakened, and we have became attuned to the fnords. Nothing can stop this movement now that it has begun."

Internally, Bernie beamed. There was only one other time in his life he had felt this way. It was a long time ago, when he was young man. A burnt out veteran of the Civil Rights Era who had became disgruntled following the collapse of the New Left, he had once moved to an Israel kibbutz, to experience communism first hand. For two amazing years he had worked the land with his fellow man and found a new spirituality he never knew existed.

Then, suddenly, everything changed. The Yom Kippur War broke out, and the kibbutz, which sat along the border with Lebanon, had to be abandoned for fears of attack. During the chaos of evacuation, young Bernie Sanders became lost without transport in the wilderness, where he wandered for days. Alone in nature, he had found a place beyond rational comprehension, where the trees bore strange fruit and the rocks sang. For one long month he stayed in that place, and what happened there was a mystery he had shared with no one. It was there he learned the truth that had driven him all these years - a truth he now felt the world was ready to experience.

Back in the present, the people began to send Bernie their energy. He could see it, the way the waves crest through the air and fed into his body. It was one of the oddities he had long grown used to.

"My people, I want to show you something today you have never before seen," Bernie said, pausing to let every word sink in. "The critics say that our great proletarian cause cannot possibly win. But at every moment we have beaten their expectations. Today, my friends, I want to prove to that the impossible is possible. I will make you believe"

And with that, Bernie Sanders began to float.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Trump.

blood simple
Apr 10, 2010
dear donald trump

you will soon get owned

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, a travelling jew promising to save everyone, way to be original.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

blood simple posted:

Tens of thousands of everyday Americans simply abandoned their everyday life - workers walked out of the office, students stopped attending classes, husbands and wives left their families behind - all to join in the eclectic people's crusade that traveled the country. The old man no longer had to even announce a rally - somehow people knew where to be. There was a strange energy to it all.

Bernie had chosen a scenic green mound in the wilderness of Ohio to give his latest sermon. By this point he had long stopped wearing the traditional blue suits he had enjoyed in the Senate, and had adopted simpler homemade robes his wife Jane had sewn together for the occasion.

"My fellow Americans," He began, and the masses were enraptured. "In my view, a society where 1 percent of the population controls 90 percent of the wealth is simply unconscionable. Only the dictatorship of the proletariat, as envisioned by Marxist scientists, can be tolerated."

Bernie continued giving his stump speech. It had only grown more radical as the campaign kept going, and not everything the mad prophet said made much sense, yet it didn't seem to matter to his followers. They were down 30 points in polls, and the migratory communal society they had built no longer stopped to even vote in the primaries anymore. They were building a new world, right then and there.

"What we have started here with this campaign, is a political revolution. We have told the billionaire class that enough is enough, the American people have awakened, and we have became attuned to the fnords. Nothing can stop this movement now that it has begun."

Internally, Bernie beamed. There was only one other time in his life he had felt this way. It was a long time ago, when he was young man. A burnt out veteran of the Civil Rights Era who had became disgruntled following the collapse of the New Left, he had once moved to an Israel kibbutz, to experience communism first hand. For two amazing years he had worked the land with his fellow man and found a new spirituality he never knew existed.

Then, suddenly, everything changed. The Yom Kippur War broke out, and the kibbutz, which sat along the border with Lebanon, had to be abandoned for fears of attack. During the chaos of evacuation, young Bernie Sanders became lost without transport in the wilderness, where he wandered for days. Alone in nature, he had found a place beyond rational comprehension, where the trees bore strange fruit and the rocks sang. For one long month he stayed in that place, and what happened there was a mystery he had shared with no one. It was there he learned the truth that had driven him all these years - a truth he now felt the world was ready to experience.

Back in the present, the people began to send Bernie their energy. He could see it, the way the waves crest through the air and fed into his body. It was one of the oddities he had long grown used to.

"My people, I want to show you something today you have never before seen," Bernie said, pausing to let every word sink in. "The critics say that our great proletarian cause cannot possibly win. But at every moment we have beaten their expectations. Today, my friends, I want to prove to that the impossible is possible. I will make you believe"

And with that, Bernie Sanders began to float.

• Locked thread