Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

For what it's worth, here's my Guide To Having Fun And Being Productive In Amaranthine:

This is a good guide. I do wanna suggest an edit to it though. As an alternative to step 4: Go to work, log into the game either on your work computer or on your phone's browser. That's what I do.

Also, if any newbies are interested in the murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent fluffy bunnies and owls, they should get into combat after they get situated and bring my hides. I'm the second best tailor in the guild, and I always need thousands and thousands of hides for either spellbooks or bota bags. Once I get up another 10 levels or so, I'll be able to make a full set of clothing for everyone in the guild. We're working towards getting people to the point where we can make blue dye, which can be applied to the clothes to make you do everything faster. Since the timer is everything in this game, being able to subtract up to 12 seconds off every action is a huge thing, and definitely something worth working towards.

So, if you're looking for something to do that's not straight up gathering and crafting, and goes faster than practically any skill in the game, grab some armor, a shortsword, and a dagger, and start skinning rabbits. For the good of the clan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Guild chat: wherein we accurately model IRL goon stream of consciousness.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ignoranus posted:

Grumpy (the main dev) just posted in the in-game Announcements that automated skimming of the manual with scripts is a bannable offense. So there's that to keep in mind.

But how would they know? I mean, I guess if the manual was being opened to a hundred different pages by the same IP at the same time, I guess they could detect that, but otherwise, how would they know?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Welp, now there's nothing left but to dedicate the smoking corpse of their market structure to our fallen friend. :black101:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Magres posted:

This looks like a good distraction for when I'm at work

I'll take a guild invite, in game name Magres

Oh hey, it's Magres. Didn't you used to play Age of Wushu? Also, you're invited

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, so, I kinda wanna make a post regarding the tailor profession and how it fits into the guild. Right now, we've got 3-4 people actively trying to power level tailor, including myself. While I definitely don't want to discourage others from pursuing what they want, a guild our size really only needs 1-2 tailors right now. Given enough materials, a single leveled tailor can produce hundreds of items in a day for the guild. A second tailor can act as a backup, producing hundreds of a second item, or filling in when the first tailor isn't around. The problem with having more than 2 right now is one of supply. We've found that a 4 person murderposse is just enough to supply just 1 tailor with the hides needed to level themselves. We now have 3-4 people competing for those hides.

Again, I don't want to discourage anyone from doing what they want, it's just that I'm 6 levels from being able to make a full set of clothes, and I'm a bit concerned that if we have more people pulling from limited resources than what those resources can handle, then we'll end up stalling each other's efforts to better serve the guild. Once I'm able to make the pants, shirt, and mittens for people, then I'll be able to focus on that for a while, and another budding tailor can take over making thousands of bota bags for the guild till they get up to level 36.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

The Shortest Path posted:

My plan was to just hit 16 so I can make linen, since it seems like we have a fairly large supply of flax with garden extensions.

For what it's worth I've been trying to self-fund that with hunting, and only have a few hundred more hides to go before I hit 16. I hadn't realized there was a problem or I would have found something else to do before, sorry about that. I can switch over to smithing since it seems like that's more necessary at the moment with the bar shortage.

If you're self-funding your progress, that's completely fine. My only concern is running low on community funded materials, since we originally started the murderposse with the intent of supplying our cook and tailor with meats and hides to allow them to power level to help server the guild faster. If we had a larger murderposse adding materials to the storages, it wouldn't be a big deal at all, but so far supply has only just been keeping up with demand.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Virigoth posted:

Is there any reason we shouldn't migrate all of the cooking stuff from Alchemy/Cooking/Gathering into the Cooking storage?

available space? :shrug:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

We're movin' on up in the world. We also have over twice as many total and active members as the next guild, and IIRC more active members than all the other top 100 guilds combined.

On the next topic, we need to come up with silly religion gimmicks to have fun with. we're already a pine cone cult, and it looks like the next one will be a salt cult. We need to come up with more things to worship and ways in which to do so.

I know that a ways down the line(because it's too soon to do it now), I want to establish a Church of Treesus. He was chopped down and made into furniture/shingles/toothpicks/paper for your sins, after all.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

pixaal posted:

Treesus died for our cross.

Yes, this exactly.

Someone also chatted in game that a good one might be a cult of the stone block, where your worth as a member is based on how many of them you can carry.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

This is just a PSA to remind everyone to keep things fun in world chat. We don't need people thinking we're assholes right now. That is all.

Someone Awful! posted:

I was wondering what all that cone stuff was about. :psyduck:

If I could get an invite as Sawful maybe it'll help me figure out what the hell I'm doing

You're in.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Loren1350 posted:

In as Schmendrick.

"(12:48:41) You cannot invite this player."

Did you spell the name right?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Roflex posted:

You get that message if the invite's already pending.

Ah, I didn't see it on the list.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Wow. Who shat in his cheerios? :stare:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Kluliss posted:

so I guess removing the stick from up his bum will take a much higher level carpenter than he is?

Is that a... challenge I see? :getin:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

You were entirely correct in returning the copper to him. Not on the grounds that you did anything wrong; You didn't. No, more on the grounds that it both makes us look good, AND gives us something to hold over his head later. While I fully understand, support, and respect pissing off pubbies, this stage in the game, when we're a fledgling guild that's getting its footing in the game and establishing ourselves, is not the stage to be causing people to hate us *on purpose*. What we're doing right now is testing the waters, seeing how far we can push things without getting in trouble, and establishing boundaries. The people that are already aligning against us simply for spreading the Word of the Cone are the ones we need to keep a watch on, as those people will provide the most fun later, when we really start to control things and have fun.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Madbro is hilarious, and I'm hoping he doesn't learn from his mute and multiple warnings.

Posted for posterity: http://pastebin.com/jR5nTBqp

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 14, 2016

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Virigoth posted:

First thing new goons should do is go to settings > ignore list and add One of One. This goes for old goons also.

Background to this:

He's kind of an rear end in a top hat in a bad way. Condescending, only posts to rile up those around him that he doesn't like. Not good trolling material. He reminds me of one of those rich assholes in the old 1950s Bugs Bunny cartoons that turns his nose up and whatever he doesn't like and has The Help remove it from his site. He very obviously doesn't listen to us, so no point in trying with him.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

pixaal posted:

we're 1/4th the player base. They only thing pubbies have on us is time. They can only have so much stockpiled. With their levels they can gather faster and produce faster per person sure, but it's only a matter of time before we will out preform them.

We've been outperforming them every single day since we made top 100 and almost surely every day before that. You can go to the guild highscores page and see that we're gaining more EXP per day than any other guild on the chart.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

pixaal posted:

Addition request: group mode. Add a server integration that will store the data, we have the bot check timer, add location and task fields (either drop down or self type). So I could have 62 second, 56minutes left on my bot check and be in DF cutting wood.

Someone could check and go I have WG up, who is active? They check the program and see that I'm cutting wood they ask me if I want some free wild growth or just throw it on me.

I know a lot of people don't respond to "I have mana who wants buff" for a good 5-10 minutes due to the idle nature of the game. This means people are missing out, it also means people are sitting at max mana or start casting random stuff to dump their mana wasting valuable guild XP gains that someone else could be getting us.

in NO WAY should this program interact with the game, it should be a buff request system.

Buff requests would be neat as gently caress. If we're adding a database to track poo poo, add the timer for the person's actions to the database. Clicking their name lets you see their current timer. Then, add a button that you can hit that tells the server "hey, I just buffed this guy X times for Y timer" so that others can who click him can see what his timer is with the buffs and how long he's got left on them.

So we have Joe Goon in DF cutting wood on a 60 second timer. Fullmana123 clicks on DF and sees Joe in the list, and sees he's got a 60 second timer. Fullmana then buffs Joe for -20 timer for 30 minutes in game, types in the buff strength and time in the utility, and clicks the "I buffed Joe Goon" button, which adds that info to the database. Now, Clueless Newbie comes along and has some mana to dump, and notes that Joe Goon has a 40 second timer for the next 30 minutes. Clueless does the same thing as Fullmana and now Joe Goon has 20 timer for the next half hour, without ever needing to do a thing.

EDIT:

Jaroslav posted:

I will give this a go! Toss an invite to Jaroslav please
Gotcha

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Ottumon posted:

Game's good. Toss me an invite, playing as ottumon.

Invite sent.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I am now level 36 tailor. This means I can now make all the clothing items that our newbies need and dye them blue. We have a slow but steady supply of blue dye incoming now, so I need our gatherers to get me a bunch of flax that I can turn into linen for mittens and skirts and the like. Whatever we're low on. After I replenish our supply of mittens, I'll be making ice skates as well, since those are needed. Hopefully, this will help me get to 38 decently fast, so I can make kites and sails for us as well. For now though, I need flax, flax, and more flax!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Behotti posted:

Throwing my hat into this ring, In as Behotti

You're in.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Virigoth posted:

So now that we've got a nice userbase going of 70 regularly active people (holy poo poo) we might want to review what we're focusing on and make sure we're covering our bases for our production chains

Things it sounds like we might need:
Dedicated flax grower (14 gathering), linen maker, and shirt, pants, skirt maker for superiors
Salt Crusher- Level 10 alchemy to crush, Level 20 to mine
Cherry Pie Cooker - Crush pine nuts, gather eggs, milk cows, use cherries from FarmGoons <-- This one is probably really important but we'll have to see what food usage is after the Change.

I'm sure I've missed something somewhere but hopefully these are a couple ideas to get a conversation started on some short term, medium term, and maybe even long term tasking we can setup for the Greater Goon and how we move forward making sure we have the supplies we need.

To add, one thing we can definitely use are more alchemists to make dyes. We have no blue mittens or skirts. We have tons of undyed mittens and skirts, but no blue dyes. We have all the materials to make blue dyes, but our 1-2 alchemists that would normally do that are asleep or gone or whatever, so the dyes go unmade.

Also, I am now level 38 in Tailoring. Unless things get switched around again, or we have need of a higher level tailoring good, there's no reason for me to power level tailoring anymore. This means that unless someone corrects me here, we can have one or two more people step up and start making thousands of bota bags to get upwards of my level. It's not strictly needed, I'm just pointing out that it could be done now.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Virigoth posted:

I think 40 tailoring will let us "be good" with tailoring for a bit but 65 will sure be nice for Copal bracelets. I"m in the same boat some as once I hit 60 combat for that equipment that I have to buy I'll be out of reasons to power level so much and start doing some mass materials gathering for botas/cooking stuff while the rest of the guild XP curve catches up in our smithing/carpentry department for armors.

I could continue to power level to 40 tailoring, sure. At level 38, I can make kites and tattered sails, which was the big goal as far as I was aware. I might switch over to alchemy so I can make the blue dyes myself, possibly. We'll see.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

nelson posted:

The thing is we don't really need more alchemists. Neo was overreacting. If you want to do it, cool. But otherwise what we need is more speedsters to get ash.

I didn't think it was an overreaction. :saddowns: I only said it because a couple people jumped on me because we had no blue clothes, and I said we had no dyes, and they were like "well, we have everything for those, so where's the alchemist??"

But yeah, we definitely need more ash. That seems like it's been our main bottleneck in getting more dyes.

In related news, I'm making batches of blue clothes now, so we'll have sets for people in a bit. Our next push for dyed clothing will likely be red sets.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

AKMoose posted:

Welcome aboard to all the new recruits--if you like pubbies tears, we're about a week to a week-and-a-half away from a glorious victory on the leaderboards (not that we care, but they REALLY care), so you're getting in the right time to have a few laughs alongside your fellow goons.

I didn't realise that ATF was so low on the scoreboards. I really hope I'm logged in to see us pass them.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Mr.PayDay posted:

Oh I just saw the gains do update every 24 hours. How often are the leaderboards updated as a whole? every 24 hours or 7 days?

They're updated in real time. All the high scores and manual info re: shop stocks and pricing are. That's why Grumpy doesn't want people running scripts to scrape those pages a million times a minute; It's quite taxing on the server when that happens.

And yeah, we usually roll 100K exp/day or more. Often over 130K-140K. When we first burst onto the boards, Legacy tried to outpace us, but backed off after about a solid week of being beaten handily by a guild that was 90+ spots down the board from them. Slumber is most active during the early hours of the server, so you'll see them get all their gains for the day in early. Everyone else just kinda does their thing, and we always top out as the most productive guild EXP-wise.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 6, 2016

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Could we possibly have anyone whose quoted that emote script at least edit out the links to it, along with the OP? It's at least a proactive move to stop newbies from reading the whole thread and using that thing and getting banned for now.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Eldercain posted:

Context for those of us that weren't on/paying attention ok

EDIT: Beaten, and with a more detailed description, to boot.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

synthetik posted:

So don't call exploits bugs.

Also, Your Wickedness is legit insane.

Lemme guess, no one got a screenshot of this, either? Come on, you guys, share the crazy. :(

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hello Sailor posted:

I got skipped. Also, I think quest reward shields are bugged; Shield Bash never connects when I'm using one, but works just fine with loot drop shields.

I can't speak for the bugs, but I added you.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

He's saying that you should coordinate to not be touching the same orchard at the same time. A simple "hey, I'm working this plot here" in chat should probably be sufficient, I'd think.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

synthetik posted:

I'm sure I'm part idiot, but gently caress the negativity in this game. Whenever any has an idea, no matter how well thought out, the immediate response from the playerbase is not only 'no' but 'no and you are an idiot for suggesting that.'

That's one of the biggest reasons I like passing these peoples guilds on the high score list and why I'm funneling everything I do back into the guild.

That sort of thing happens in lots of different games. The older they get, the more the "old guard" become stagnant and resistant to whatever new ideas people come up with. As frustrating as it is to see, at least we've got Grumpy on our side. He recognizes that there's bitter vets out there and that we're generally trying to help him make this thing more tolerable while we have fun with it.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

and Bam!

EDIT: To clarify Earlier, Ol' Chucklefuck had been making some wierd comments, as normal, about how he intends to die, and then getting into some weird-rear end titanic-fan-fic-esque poo poo with LadyInWaiting. No one said anything but yeah, it was pretty bad/creepy. Then that happened. I'll bet he wasn't expecting that.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 2, 2016

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, just a heads up, I'll be on vacation all next week, from the 27th to the 4th. I'll be back though, so don't panic or whatever.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Coffeehitler posted:

We've got our first visitor, Altoscholto, who will be with us for a week or 2 I think. Be nice and maybe watch the language (that's going to be hard for me, too).

Why is he visiting?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Have you seen the other guilds? drat right we're the funnest guild to be in when compared to that gaggle of inbred sociopaths and creepers.

But as long as it's not for stupid reasons, then whatever, the pubby's cool in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Someone finally screenshot it for the thread. :bravo: