Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

booze chat in game right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Roflex posted:

If you wanna invite non-goon friends to join the guild I think we generally came to a "sure why not whatever" conclusion when I asked around so here's the deal:

-1 Guest per Goon
-Must post in the thread
-They will be on the shortest of leashes with regards to intentionally stirring up poo poo (in world or whatever) and we will cut them loose at the first sign of trouble.

Typically, most goon things allow non-goons in via having a goon vouch for them. Said goon is then on the line for the non-goon. If the non-goon fucks up and gets kicked or banned or whatever, then the goon who vouched for them also gets the same treatment. It's worked pretty well in the past, from what I've seen.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

That's amazing, and I'm sad I miss poo poo like this.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Solvency posted:

I need some assistance on knowing what you all need me to make, so please place orders so they can be fulfilled.

Same, but for Tailoring. I'm totally cool with taking work orders for whatever we need sewn together. Just lemme know.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Aside from that, there's a poo poo ton of crossover between populations of various games, and our reputation precedes us. For example, when goons first got into the now gone Age Of Wushu, one of the Vietnamese guild leaders there also had played Eve Online, and got his ship blown up by goons there. Since most pubbies simply know the collective of SA users as "The Goons", he assumed that we were the same people and decided to declare holy war on us, despite the fact that only like 2 or 3 of the goons that were around at the time even knew anything about Eve at all. In the end, it worked out incredibly well for us, as we got to learn a bunch of the game through fighting with them, and then we proceeded to have an almost illegal amount of fun getting better than them, beating them in wars, literally stealing their land and raping their handmaidens, and then gloating smugly about it from their former palace grounds.

EDIT: ^^^Oh yeah, I forgot about that. When we first goon rushed the game, our numbers inflated so quickly that many of the guilds, who only had maybe 1-2 dozen members maximum, assumed that the guild that was like 2 months old with 100 members was actually only like 2 people with 50 alts. Even after Grumpy checked the logs and told the pubbies "No, these are all unique accounts", they still resented us because more numbers means more popular means more better or some poo poo.^^^

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 21, 2016

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So did he end up getting muted or anything?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Coffeehitler posted:

I think that's for Broken Shield, the thing that oldskool and Meowth have been trying to destroy for the last couple weeks.

Care to give us those of us who have no clue what that is a synopsis?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

That honestly took longer than I thought it would take you guys. Good to see you're still chugging up the ladder though. How long till you're #1?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Jesus, what exactly changed that a bunch of people are apparently quitting over it? I was really hoping we'd get to #1 before people began losing interest.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Please do me a huge favor and screencap any good chat from the pubbies when we hit top 5. I live for those sorts of moments.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

oldskool posted:

one-twelfth of the leaderboards now controlled by goons

:golfclap: Very nice.

How's the clan scores coming along? How close are we to #1? It's hard to believe it's been over 2 years since I played this game.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

:bravo:

So that I'm not emptyposting, what's the 22/251 mean? I assume active/total members?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Please promise me you guys'll crosspost any good tidbits from world chat. And also throw a party as you cross the line. Wanna see those dance moves in World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

:bravo:

Did anything happen in World? No one gloated, no one lamented?