Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

In as oldskool

e2: Roflex best flex

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Zorato posted:

Is there any reason why I have 98 bonuses, or are they handed out randomly to the playerbase?

Any time anybody buys one, everybody gets it. So they kinda pile up around paydays.

If we're taking goon project suggestions, I vote we clean out the pubbies' stock of Festive Boots. +10% double drops, we only have 2 in guild storage and there are eleven for sale at 15k or less before the price doubles to 30k a piece. Considering our major advantage is sheer numbers, taking advantage of guilds having excess items like that is going to magnify that advantage; they get 14k/15k for their guild coffers (which they'll buy....what with, exactly?) and we get basically a 10% timer reduction on anything we do.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Ratzap posted:

This is panning out as a great game to run on the laptop while I watch videos, read or play 'real' games. I'm going to get everything to 6 first then maybe look at building a house (they're just storage options right?).

They also get you extension slots for gardens, orchards, distilleries, etc.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Those are extensions. They let you grow things. Growing things is a much more dependable and usually more lucrative way of getting particular resources than going off to do other things and hoping wildly that the thing you want drops.

For example, one orchard (2 slots, so one house) and one Cherry can spawn anywhere from 10 to 150 cherries in the next 24 hours...and you need to save just one of those cherries to get another 10-150 the day after, and so on.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

1 cherry goes to 10-50 on a one slot orchard. Most of the orchards I see are 2 slot orchards so 2 cherries->20-100 in 24 hours. Vegetable/herb gardens are even worse if you cycle them twice a day because they have 20+ planting slots

Edit:10-50 slots, which is what I care about because it's time

each cherry harvest is 1-3, so ten ones vs fifty threes, unless I'm misunderstanding Grumpy math

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

MooCowlian posted:

There's a few things with good random drops, it kind of depends what you're doing. Try to use at least a few of them if you're getting full. No point in letting them get capped and wasting pubbie gifts.

yeah if nothing else, fish to try for purple snails with +random%, they give nice cooking/alchemy XP

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

http://pastebin.com/5Jx2NkdF

tl;dr: Grob put up a buy order for raw meat at 2 copper each with no limit, so we sold him 80,000 raw meat and bankrupted his store.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

whizperz posted:

In as Favela Slim, didn't realize you guys had a guild already.

poo poo if I knew you were a goon I would've had someone send you an invite

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Virigoth posted:

They didn't ban him. Calling it.

He was asking to buy storages earlier today, so if he was banned it's already been lifted.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

new thread title: 17:57:55 fvicodin : You'd be amazed at what you can break your pants doing

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

If anything it'll further the push for a RP chat channel.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Join in for World Chat Wednesday, when we move our mundane job talk to world and completely ignore the racists, homophobes and cats (thereby infuriating them)!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I see World Chat Wednesday was a rousing success!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Drone Incognito posted:

Decided jumping into this game/slowly-counting-up-machine was a thing I should do.

In as Delorean Tremens.

Invite sent

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Roflex posted:

It is, and he publically admitted he has no logging whatsoever (back when the js chat injection was running rampant).

He's so far off from what actually happened, too, thinks it has something to do with the database and negative numbers.

tl;dr: as long as you have one of something in your possession you can deposit literally infinite amounts of that item in clan shops, including items bought with premium currency
e: got banned, rejoined as SantaClaus, dropped off some farm deeds, had them take down the server until they fix the bug they have only just now identified

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 23, 2016

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Amaranthine: i was in the can what the gently caress are you guys doing

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

More importantly we irritated a pubbie and derailed mordaq's attempts at cat RP!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Harik posted:

Oh god why am I starting another.

In as Harik.

Invite sent

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bar graph of weekly XP gains, color-coded by skill

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:regd10: Top ten!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

That honestly took longer than I thought it would take you guys. Good to see you're still chugging up the ladder though. How long till you're #1?

Another 2-3 years at the current rate, which considering the game is about 8 years old is pretty good

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ralin posted:

Can I get a guild invite? Username is Ralin.

Invited, please press button under Manage.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

taiyoko posted:

In as Taiyoko.

Invite sent, press button

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Telltolin posted:

in as tollumink

been tryin this the past couple days its pretty neato

Invite sent, press button, spend crash boom gently caress england day watching numbers go up and timers go down

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

BUG JUG posted:

Looking for a guild invite. Name's BugJug.

Invite sent, press button

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

kirtar posted:

Can I get a guild invite on kirtar ?

invite sent, :f5:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Rubidium Bradford posted:

Can I get me an invite? Name's ArrBradford.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Svensken posted:

Can I have an invite on trsn?

idk how nobody saw this until now but invite sent :f5:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Mr. Pickles posted:

I ve been on the lookout for something like this. I'm bored of gaming with graphics and I can't mud because pressing buttons is too arduous

In as Gnads

Invite sent, :f5:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

synthetik posted:

Yeah, I'm completely done. I dropped all my stuff off in the bank and gave fvicoden all my snail bucks and copper.

Does anyone have the link for the vara thread? Or should I just jump in the discord?

p sure this is the vara thread

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

It's a bad thing because most durations went down if you were above level 40 or so

and that's bad because goons actively used magic while the top guilds are essentially combat-only, so it works out to yet another change that actively hurts our growth rate while having no effect on the guilds we're trying to catch up to.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Odinsgrace posted:

Can i get a Guild invite please

Username: Odinsgrace

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Rushi posted:

rushi needs invite

rushi has invite :f5:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Zoe posted:

I was thinking of getting back into this now that I have real internet again but should I bother if the game is lovely now and the dev is actively pushing us out?

Absolutely come back! The timers are bigger, but a cooking update just completed that makes it relatively simple to get them back down to minimum levels.

As far as "actively pushing us out" the problem Grumpy has yet to realize/acknowledge is that outside of making literally everything a zero-sum action we are going to be the most powerful guild in the game just based on sheer numbers. A lot of quality-of-life upgrades have just been added (the beta manual is nice, the # of actions remaining in the action modal is convenient, the aforementioned cooking update upgraded some low-level foods and made several foods 30/60 minutes for easy botcheck eating without having to micromanage, :siren: there's a button to pop a botcheck early :siren:), mostly because Grumpy's wife started playing but also because Grumpy started playing varamexia.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

evelyn87 posted:

just signed up, ig as Roosh

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Partial Octopus posted:

Can I get an invite, please? In game name is Krion.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

personally I'm glad Grumpy implemented tabbed chat because now I can keep up with the lovely world chat if I feel like suffering (and participate in impromptu amar development discussions) and if not I just don't hit that tab and let the slime slink back into the sewer.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ModeSix posted:

Can I get an invite. Username same as forums.

invite sent :f5:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Hi Jinx posted:

Can I get an invite as Klemm Chowda?

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I'm in as calcium and seeking a guild invite

sent invites to both, :f5:
sorry for the delay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:siren: archipelago update :siren:

If you have 50+ Gathering, Peaches and Tangerines are now a thing that exists and nobody in the game has any, so it would be good if you could make a trip to the archipelago, complete the quest & get some new fruit orchards rotating.