Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Grumpy (the main dev) just posted in the in-game Announcements that automated skimming of the manual with scripts is a bannable offense. So there's that to keep in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

neogeo0823 posted:

But how would they know? I mean, I guess if the manual was being opened to a hundred different pages by the same IP at the same time, I guess they could detect that, but otherwise, how would they know?

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I'm betting "the manual was being opened to a hundred different pages by the same IP at the same time" is precisely what someone was doing.

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone doing such a thing.

keldon posted:

So using some questionable methods (scraping the item pages in the manual), I was able to find some arbitrage opportunities by buying an item cheap and selling it for more copper. Oftentimes this could be done without even having to travel. My best score was buying thousands of Cherry Logs in DF for 7, and selling them in a different store in DF for 9. I started the day with a few dozen copper, and now have over 18,000.

Feels like EVE up in here.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

isnt cowboy the guy who was holding a weird grudge over someone for cursing his guild chat like 2 weeks ago & then flipped out about it yesterday

Yes, that freak out was about the same time as the one about homosexuals.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
So World chat got a little snippy today.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
I'm loving the ongoing saga of Buconeski's heel turn in here.

Honestly, I AM a little bummed out because he was playing along and having fun with us before but now he's getting really aggressive and showy (and consequently boring).

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Reiterpallasch posted:

In as Asterism.

Piebald Hell posted:

Oh, gently caress it. In as Piebald Sloth.

Invites have been sent!

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Horking Delight posted:

I'm so sad it looks like he deleted his "GUYS THEY'RE STEALING MY FRIEEEEEEENDS HELLLLLLLP" thread. It was great.

Oh God, is there no screenshot? :suspense:

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Level 7 orchard and he still set it to 300 slots. Woohoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

bmoon posted:

Amar goons XP v0.6.1

Save your own copy and play around with the numbers

0.6.1 - 2016-08-20
  • Added a few timers
  • Added level chart and updated cell W6 in the skill tabs (no more entering exp!)
  • Highlighted a few actions to denote skill progression for optimal exp

I'm a little confused by one of my results here. I'm seeing how long to get gathering from where it is (level 37) to level 40 (target picked arbitrarily). I have a total timer of -12s, so my timer for arctic berry foraging is 51s. The spreadsheet seems to be claiming that I save no time whatsoever by having 20 timer - the results for both columns show the same number: