Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Air is lava! posted:

The latest Howard is quite something. I kinda want to call it self felating meta nonsense, but that would imply that I didn't totally enjoy it. Chip Zdarsky is an interesting writer...

Chipp may have literally killed Howard off.

Just read it, I quite enjoyed the meta stuff

Zdarsky also wrote a story for this week's choosing sides that features a boxing match between iron man and Justin Trudeau

Pureauthor posted:

They'll have planned to essentially reboot the character in time for the movie anyway, so I guess they don't care that much how she comes off right now.

I hadn't thought about that, it's possible

site fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is Civil War II like Civil War I in the sense that the tie-ins are going out of their way to make one side look worse, but the main title looks more neutral about it? (I've not been following CWII.)

In the newest issue of the main cw2 book Carol brings the ultimates along to arrest a woman Ulysses says has a bomb but it's really just an empty briefcase. She still detains the woman and when other members of the group tell her to let the woman go Carol tells them to gently caress off and orders shield to find evidence to keep the woman locked up.

Mr Hootington posted:

Civil war 2 will roll into the global initiative which will roll into secret invasion 2: We warned you about Badoons which will roll into dark rule

What in saying is everything after civil war 2 will show how bad carol and co hosed everything up and how stupid they are.

lol zdarsky said this exact thing is the choosing sides short

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mr Hootington posted:

Which issue of which book?

Sorry i got it confused with this week's guardians book (issue 11), it's early

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm glad Hyperion is finally over after getting stuck with the absolute dumbest story ever to use as an introductory arc

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

PaybackJack posted:

I liked Hyperion but it was a pretty WTF story to open with, and the premise was really weird too.

"Hyperion, you just died fighting the beyonders with Thor, were resurrected, beheaded Namor, what are you going to do now?"
"Drive a semi-truck around America."

I get that Marvel was going for diversity and all but is there like a contingent of loyal Marvel reading truck drivers of America out there?

And the baddies for the god-tier entity's solo debut were evil carnies

X-O posted:

Maybe don't continue to read books you don't like? That's a waste of money. I on the other hand really enjoyed that book and will miss it.

I want to see Hyperion stories though :(

site fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 1, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I woulda figured howling commandos flopping would've put the kibosh on monsters for a while

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Roth posted:

I feel like this is the dumbest panel from a CW2 tie-in for reasons I can't quite explain very well.

Editorial might not like it if she said don't worry Miguel nothing occurring in your timeline right now will matter by next year

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can't help but imagine bb's voice as being comically high-pitched

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Trast posted:

Black Bolt played by Chris Tucker channeling Ruby Rod.

I wish we had gotten another fifth element :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I really wanted to like Nighthawk but it really seemed confused tonally in that it clearly wanted to be a Punisher book where the bad guys that get killed are corrupt cops but Marvel was like lol no way and so they just skirted the line as close as they could and then complained in the dialogue that they couldn't do the story they wanted.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Blue Lives Matter

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They did admit to arguing solely on belief and faith and not facts :shrug:

site fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 2, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Edge & Christian posted:

If you're trying to differentiate all of the different Super Scientists from each other, having Hank be the one who goes "I WONDER WHAT THIS DOES?" and then does it without thinking out the consequences isn't a bad direction to take him in, given that the only reason he's blue and furry is that back in the 1970s he pretty literally made a serum and went I WONDER WHAT THIS DOES and whoops, mutated into a blue furry dude.

Wait so it wasn't even like in first class where he was trying to cure himself and the serum just didn't work, but he just took some random poo poo to see what it did? lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

It was originally a temporary transformation that could be reversed if he drank a counter-serum within a certain time limit and Beast thought it would be a great idea to run around in his new form. He immediately chanced upon a break-in, and a guard bust in and saw a big monster so shot Beast like 12 times in the chest, which led to the amazing dialogue of. "Stop.... shooting... me!"

Hank then passed out in an alley and woke up past his time limit, and thus was stuck as a blue doof forever.

Poor Cinderella

At least he's now somewhat iconic and not generic beefy white dude though

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
CBR did an article today about a week of books marvel did written as if they were published by the marvel that exists within the mu and i think i need to read these

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
*sigh* :(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Nah tbh half the reason i posted that was i expected someone to tell me they're poo poo so i wouldn't have to waste my time

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
America getting her own ongoing would be cool since as far as i know she hasn't had a solo before(?) but i wouldn't mind if it ended up being a kate bishop hawkeye solo...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gaz-L posted:

Kate and America team-up book. Twist is it's not a superhero book, but a slice-of-life romance about them dating.

Sold

Wait isn't America dating someone else already?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Wanderer posted:

Lisa Halloran, who's studying to be a paramedic.

I was just thinking that if this is a Miss America book, that Gillen keeps Lisa around. She hasn't shown up much, but she's fun when she does.

I would hope so since she's even made an appearance or two in ultimates, it's not like it's been a while since we've seen her...unless they somehow kill her in cw2 which I dunno why they would

TwoPair posted:

I thought Kate was already getting a solo after CW2 or did I just imagine that?

Ummm I dunno but sounds good to me!

Google says you're right, so I will switch to hoping this Gillen project is a Ms America book!

site fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 4, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Waffleman_ posted:

There have been rumblings that the non-MCU animated movie Lord and Miller are making is going to star Miles.

I thought the animated movie got cancelled?

Lurdiak posted:

I love Kamala, but imagining a live action version of her with Marvel Studios' weirdly cheap-looking CG is kind of terrifying.

Yeah i can only imagine it ending up looking like doom 3 plasticy poo poo cuz straight cg humans never look right

Then again i would really like a Kamala movie so I'm conflicted

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh good, for some reason i remembered reading that it had been dropped from Marvel's project list

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Good luck

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Only because Paul Rudd laughing like an idiot while being a giant dude and Spidey dropping Empire Strike Back references as a "really old movie" was hilarious.

A Kamala (or Miles or Sam) movie is something I would kill for but god knows we'll never get one.

I'm still surprised the new spider man wasn't miles

Is the Sony deal for spider man tied to Peter Parker specifically?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If they had Hank pym come back as Michael Douglas instead of as ultron i would've been all about that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah that arc was dumb and I'm glad it ended

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

There was no way this was ever going to happen.

They're giving black panther a movie i can dream

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is that the most Freudian typo ever or what is going on here

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I see

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Poor bastard

At that point i probably definitely woulda considered making a new account

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Anyone else would have but he's hilarious so he just rolled with it.

A better man than I

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Waffleman_ posted:

Also I have the near entirety of Marvel's history at my fingertips for at least a month and it's almost a bit overwhelming.

See you next month

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Starsnostars posted:

Moon Knight is such a good book right now. The James Stokoe segment has me so excited fr the next issue.

The super hero movie discussion at the beginning is pretty meta

Okay the rest of the book was really good

site fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 8, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Whisper showing up to fight Nadia just reminds me how lame ultimate Reed has been since he got ported over

In other news this week, apparently Cindy Moon can create entire multicolored costumes from her webbing?

site fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 8, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh huh guess I must've forgotten that detail

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Toxxupation posted:

The Maker and WHISPER have been absolutely excellent in New Avengers, though? Like...what? Ultimate Reed is still loving great.

I dunno, like TwoPoint touched on I just feel like ult Reed has just sorta become generic completely ineffectual bad guy when he used to be kind of an interesting character

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Strange to see the event fatigue thing cuz hasn't rebirth been doing gangbusters numbers or something?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Rebirth is not an event, it's a branding. Nearly every single book is self contained and there was a single $3 book that kicked it off.

I see

I have been schooled

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Waffleman_ posted:

I wish that Patsy wasn't in JJ so they could do an adaptation of her actual series.

Finally a marvel show that sounds like it actually belongs on ABC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I really like the JJ show and I love Patsy Walker, but having season 2 be about Patsy going to hell and having damion and all that poo poo would be really incredibly dumb

• Locked thread